Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  2:30:31 PM  Show Profile
oh Alee..the only "garden" I have left now is the cottage garden area. It will all spring back in early Springtime and hopefully folks will enjoy it.
The rest of the garden is gone..we dug it out after a good season.(the veggie garden)
And the little herb garden we removed the plants and wil remove that and create a concrete pad area for a new owner to have a little "setting area" right off of the patio..we are going to finish removing what remained of the deck even though we converted it to a small 4 square raised bed area with a tiny path in the middle..it will actually look better to remove that and create a concrete pad for a few lawn chairs and small table.
And hubby wants to remove the raised beds that hold the strawberries and convert that back to lawn..I have a few strawberry plants to get out of that as well as a few berry plants..raspberries and I think a blueberry plant.
But most of what was my gardens/plants I wanted to keep/had been given to me by family/friends have been dug up and put into pots and the lawn is going back to lawn..we have a few flower beds that we will add some annuals to right before the signs go up.
But almost all of the roses have been pottted up..I do have to get a few more pots for a few stragglers I haven't gotten up yet.
But my garden is now all in pots set aside in an area of the yard up against the courtyard fencing.
And will be transported with us when we get a new place. Oh the yard will still look pretty, but it will be able to be a pretty clean slate as far as most of the flower beds go..the new owners will have a chance to come in and personalize things to their tastes.
I'm simmply going to put in a few annuals for a wee bit of color, but they'll be able to come in and have fun.
Most of the hard work has been done for them.:0)
And if they like wildflowers..they'll have a pretty wildflower garden to enjoy which should put on quite the show this spring as it is heading into its 4th year.I'm thinking I'll build a small sign for the cottage garden that marks it as such, just in case it hasn't sprung back up by January.
And of course I plan on sharing photos of what it looks like in bloom.
So maybe they'll understand even if it isn't blooming..what to expect.
My gardening here is pretty much complete..I just have to get the few stragglers that I wish to keep potted up yet and then get things cleaned up a bit and straightened.... mostly trees trimmed and such.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  3:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hey, mavens, I'm back from shopping. Gotta keep this short as I still haven't put the perishables away. Right now whatever you all decide on about the fundraiser and iron-ons is fine with me. Still trying to get my footing after re-entry. And in less than three weeks we hit the road again to visit the in-laws and friends (wink-wink). I'm getting too old for this. Hopefully I can lose the five pounds I gained on this trip before we hit the road again. That sure was a shocker - still reeling from that one.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  4:55:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey everybody, sorry I missed chatting last night.

Teresa Sue and Annika - I hope you are going to make it to Rosalia on Saturday. I, of course, have to work but am getting off at 10 am, will be home to town by 11 and was planning on being at the MJF booth about noonish. Teresa Sue what time were you planning on getting here? - I would love, love, love to see the both of you.
My DH is going to San Diego tomorrow for our nephew's graduation(?) from boot camp, so I will get some AVM catchup done. Also some knitting, I am madly trying to stay on schedule for Christmas. Once Christmas is over I can concentrate on seeds again.

Hope everyone is doing A-OK, oh and Karen sometimes sodas have a dehydrating effect which in turn makes you bloated and retain water - vicious circle, so that might be the 5 pounds, just water weight.

Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  4:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Amy Grace, we think alike. It may well be water weight Karen

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  5:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, AG & MTR.........I think you're onto something. I felt really bloated when we left the relatives Sunday morning. And on top of that I didn't drink much water at all on the trip. Sorry, TS and Annika (I think you were the two reminding me to drink water). I thought, "Oh no problem. I drink lots of water all the time. I'll need to cut back a little while we're on the road so that we're not stopping every 30 minutes but the rest of the time I'll get plenty of water." This trip has really rocked my health world and not in a good way. If I had two of my big bottles of water (a bottle holds 3 cups), that was an extremely good day. Usually I have between 3 and 4 bottles a day. I need to chug the water again - water is the best diuretic - and see if that takes care of the "problem."

Thanks, mavens

God bless -

P.S. MTR, how are you feeling? Still puny or are you doing better this evening?

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Oct 21 2008 5:14:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  6:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Chills and dizzy now too, but we have this "flu" going around and I was bound to catch it...just going to sit here in my blankie and feel puny for a bit and sip mint tea. At least I'm mostly cheerful when I'm sick

What do we all think of the calendar? I have several nice photos for Dawn to look over when I feel a bit more like myself.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  6:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Putting in a prayer request for a quick recovery, MTR, and you are amazingly cheerful for a sicky. Not me. I get cranky. I'm not even that entertaining when I'm tired - like now. I'll sure be glad when I get over this trip-lag.

I like the calendar idea. At first I was thinking I don't really have any pictures but I took a close-up of the Stairway to Heaven (hoping to get seed from this for y'all) that turned out pretty good and there may be some from year's past that would work too.

Keep sipping that tea and snuggle up in your blanket. Except for the sick part, that sounds really, really good!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  6:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Signing off now............sweet dreams, mavens.............'Night, Ralph.................Mornin', Corinne.............

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  6:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi y'all, I'll be quick, just got home from CDA and the Chiro.
Karen, I have to go to the Chiro, three times a week for 5 more weeks, then we'll see. Yes, the FQS(fat quarters)were a MudHen exchange.
Annika, hope you're better soon, so sorry to hear you were ill,:(
Amy Grace, I'm thinking I'll be in Rosalia around 11-12, I have to be in Cheney by 2 for my grandaughters soccor game and then the grandbeasties are coming home with me for the weekend.
The calendar is a great idea. How many Mavens do we have? We maybe could each have a month and do a write up with tips, favorite flowers, oh you know, Maven stuff, I am sure we could find SOMETHING to talk about,heheheheh

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Oct 22 2008 04:48:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  8:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue,
What are we journaling about? The book? Sorry but I just got caught on a few pages of chatting here. Wasn't able to make it last night.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  8:39:35 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,
I sent you an email. Also, I tried to visit your gypsycowgirlcreations blog, but it is no longer there???

Hi to all you other mavens. I am starting to feel a bit better. Tummy bugs like to linger a bit before they finally take the hint and leave don't they? I am still feeling very, very tired though. So I will keep this short. Goodnight and good morning Corinne!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  9:23:42 PM  Show Profile
the link Dawn posted was spelled wrong..it is:
www.gypsycowgirlcreations.blogspot.com
she had accidentally misspelled it when she posted it.

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  01:07:58 AM  Show Profile
a fun website to share with you all..I actually enjoyed reading the little stories/descriptions:
http://deerproofheirloomflowers.com/

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  04:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens, Good evening Corrine, our dear Maven in the far a way time zone : )
Denise we are working on badges while we read AVM. The badge FARM KITCHEN/1.KNOW YOUR FOOD requires reading AVM to earn it and you are supposed to write a food journal for a month to become aware of what you are eating. Some of us are combining two more badges, EACH OTHER/9.FARMGIRL GRATITUDE, and FARM KITCHEN/7.BUSTIN'OUT simply because you have to do some journaling with those badges also and it takes care of all three. I do it that way because journaling is torture for me and it helps me stay on track doing them all at once. For more info go to the hen house and look under projects, there are four topics about badges, one is just for the chapter badge design, but you need to vote on that any way, as does anyone else that hasn't done so! Hope that helped, let me know if you need more info.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  05:53:43 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick hello from me.... I have a very busy day.
I hope all you west coast gals have fun meeting up... I'm envious!!
Tina: again, always coming to my rescue with the website spelling challenges... I do appreciate you!
Morning Sam.....
I am in full work mode today..... picking up money, delivering more jewelry.....sending more mail..... the list is long today...
Make today a bright one!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  07:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Do you have to do all the things in the beginner level in order to get the badge or will we get it when we finish the food journal and read AVM?

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  07:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Good morning, mavens!

Tina, thanks for the website. How on earth did you find this one? It's great - especially the stories - very maven

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  07:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Morning, Ralph! Left you a comment on the gypsy blog. If you mavens haven't checked out the bracelet for MJ, head over to the blog 'cuz it's a winner.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  10:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Annika, poor baby, you're probably in bed covered up to your nose with your blanket. When you're not posting I know you don't feel good. Take care of yourself and keep drinking that tea to warm you from the inside out.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  10:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Karen , for the prayers =) I'm still feeling like I've got a bug, but I'm reading my way through AVM wrapped in a blanket and sipping my tea...I think I'll win a prize for the most highlighted book ever HA! I know that things have to change and being down with a flu bug is making me take the time to read AVM and consider what I can do to lesson my dependence on out of region foods. I am both a person who loves exotic food and a person who has gotten into the bad habit of going for the quick fix. I still need to get my sprouts going, I've been swamped and haven't done it. Can we sprout anything? I'm going for a nice peppery cress! Not much of a fan of bean or alfalfa sprouts. So it'll be the spicier tasting sprouts that I'll need to try first. We have apples, and broccoli added to our diet...eight more to go. We eat too many frozen vegetables.

Back to my warm blanket and tea.
*hugs* to all of you

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  12:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I hope you feel better soon Annika! I always had how crummy I feel when sick! I am finally feeling a bit better from this sinus stuff, but I need to wash my bathroom down in with straight vinegar because I think part of my problem might be a mold/mildew issue. Ugh. I hate having so much moisture in the air, but I can't figure out where it is all coming from!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  12:47:24 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I just had to stop in one more time before we leave. So sorry to hear that you are sick Annika. I haven't read much of AVM trying to get ready for the trip. I am taking it with me for the flight.
Dawn~I love the idea of the calendar.
Karen~Glad you're back. Drink that water.

I will miss all of you and I suspect there will be at least 50 pages to catch up on when I return.
Blessings,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  1:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Alee: Thank you for the feel better wishes. Have a good weekend at home Alee!
Ruth: Have a good trip and have fun! We will all miss you too!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  3:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hey, mavens - I just checked my voice mail and there was a message from Dawn saying to let everyone know that while she is out and about today, anyone who's expecting anything to be mailed to them from her, it's done and on it's way to you.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  3:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Dawn: thanks for the seeds!