Page: of 217

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  09:01:31 AM  Show Profile
Wishing you the best day possible Brenda, am sure you will do gerat AND have fun with it.
Corinne

Sister # 101

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Oct 13 2008 09:54:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  09:09:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda, I was just doing a google search for "Washing Soda" and it seems other people are having trouble finding it too...maybe we should all write to our local grocery shops and/or to borax/arm & hammer or whoever and ask that it not be discontinued from the shelves.

I hope that you have a wonderful day too!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  09:36:49 AM  Show Profile
Okay. Question?

How many HHM's are there? I consider myself one, but who else? Do you really want a bio from lil 'ol me? I go over to the coop and read what you ladies are chatting about and doing, but honestly, I do feel sorta left out. :( I am not in the sisterhood yet and I probably won't be able to join until next year sometime. So, I can't really and truly participate in the posting in the coop for seed swapping or even earning a badge or other neat and fun stuff until I do join. Okay, I'll admit.... I am sorta feeling down in the dumps today. Really don't know why though....must be hormonal. Somebody please give me a swift kick in the butt and get me out of this.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  09:52:13 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda, you can start your badge with us, when you join the sisterhood you will have it all ready to have the "official" accreditation for it. If you have seeds for sharing, maybe you can post it here too and then it can appear in a special section of the newsletter ? I am sure they are plenty of ways for you to stay with us and do what ever we do. Since you can read the posts in the coop, you are not left out.
Please stay, the world is all the better when we all work together.
Hope you feel better and can find other possibilities, do not let the being down bug bite you, okay ?
Huggggssss.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  09:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Night Mavens, have a great day and enjoy what is thrown your way.
See ya'll in the morning.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  09:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Brenda, I'm sending you a Hug. I'm sorry you are feeling left out that is not our intention. You and Ruth are the only two HHMs we have. We love you both!! Yes! we want your bio. Dawn is going to put them on the bulletin board so they don't get lost in the thread. I know it must be hard to communicate across the boards, so to speak. If it helps and you have something you really think we should pay attention to, please email me. I think sometimes when we have a lot of posts to read, we forget to respond to some of it. I've actually started using a notebook and makeing note so I can remember who asked me what so I don't forget anyone. Yes, you can participate in the seed swapping. When you see seed you want, just email the person who is offering it and then just post it here too.
I was a 4-H leader and mom for 10 years, I enjoyed it then, but I am glad I'm not doing it now. It's a lot of work!! With the exception(there is always one)of a few kids, the 4-Hers were great. Sometimes their parents could be difficult. Then there was always that discord I have when I have to deal with government entities. hahaha! My apron is off to for giving of yourself.
Chin up, you're a Farmgirl after all, remember?
P.S. I'll check in and answer all the rest of y'all when I get back from CDA.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Oct 13 2008 09:58:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  09:56:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda! I'll send you a farmgirl hug instead of a kick in the knickers =)
You can participate, just post it here or email the person doing the swap. I know that you cannot earn badges yet, but please DO take part in the conversation, you can post your bio here in this thread, we would all love to hear about you and become better acquainted.
My goodness, I hate that you are feeling left out!
I was thinking that if we all donated just a little to the paypal account, that we could help other ladies join the sister hood...we all are feeling the bite of the horrid economy and have to pinch our pennies twice. Dawn, dear mama hen? were we going to do something like that? I can send a little pretty soon.

Sorry you are feeling down Brenda, but we really do want you here and you are always welcome.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  10:36:50 AM  Show Profile
What? No kicks in the tooshie? You girlfriends are much to kind to me. I am not gonna leave the group. Dawn will come after me with a whole family of Pepe Le Pee-uu's. He,he. It is hard to communicate over the boards though. Hmmm...you mean I can do everything I need to as if I was applying for the badge and hold onto it until I can officially apply? I didn't know that! I was thinking that it had to be done close together! Okay then. Oh no...gotta run.

I will reply more, right now I have to sign off, make lunch for my kids, feed the dog and go to the club meeting. Yes, mostly the parents and a kid or two, and definitely the government cronies are difficult. I wasn't gonna do this again this year, but nobody else would step up to the plate. A farm girls job is never done. :)

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  11:35:23 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, ladies!!!
I had no idea that we could also start working on our badges even if we haven't joined the sisterhood yet. My goal is to sign up right after Christmas. I hope it will work out. I also did not know that Dawn wanted our bios even if we aren't part of the sisterhood.
I'm glad I saw this today. I think it's time I get a notebook to keep track of what is happening here.
Brenda~It can be hard to try and post across the boards but don't leave us. We would miss all that you have to offer. I know that you have had some wonderful, informational posts.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  1:30:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey now... NO ONE is allowed to leave. Ever. hehe.... naw, I'm just tryin to lighten things up a bit. Brenda, you and I have become real nice friends...you are one of us heart & soul. Same to Ruth. Annika is right, the owrld is right when we all work together. Its not all gonna be 50/50 here. SOme are gonna only be able to give 10% and teh other s pick up the rest. Then some days you'll be the be giver and the rest of us will sit back, drink lemonade and watch you do all the work! Are we smiling yet? My hope is that there will be more newcomers(sprouts?) in the future. They too are gonna feel odd until we all get to know eachother and find our groove. We are a well oiled machine and the machine just will not work right if all the pieces parts arent here. Replacement parts are too hard to come by! But you can always add-on!
As far as my HHM's go.... sure, track your work, journal it, photgoraph what you can for deocumentation and submit it when you become a sister. And yes, there is a "fund" of sorts that is highly secretive and guarded that will put all the HHM's names in a hat and draw one out to become a sister. I think the next drawing is in November. Seeing how we only have 2 HHm's the odds are pretty good! This is TOP SECRET/CONFIDENTIAL business I'm conducting here. Only 2 Mavens know about......THE FUND. (dramatic music ensues...)
Corrine, I would've gotten your stickers out today except I forgot that it is Columbus Day.... banks/Po's are closed.... so Happy Columbus Day!
TS: I cannot wait to hear about the store..... goodie goodie!
On a side note: I really hate snakes. I've lived here 7 years and NEVEr have seen a garter snake. This month I've seen two... they give me the serious willies and I dont like it one bit!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  3:14:13 PM  Show Profile
okay, not fair. I came out to play and no ones around! raspberries!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  3:43:21 PM  Show Profile
I'm here now

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  5:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mavens, Just got home. Have to go back tomarrow.
The store is really nice. A bit hard to find. I persisted and finally just parked the car and went walking and found where it was at. The farm truck that is parked in front of it is just to die for. I'm not kidding. I'm not a motorhead in any form, when someone asks me what kind of car that was, I tell them red, or blue, etc. But that baby, oh it's a light turquoise blue, is just fabu!!!
I bought the magazine with all the reciepes, some chill over powder, some bakeover mix, some MJ chocolate, mmmmm good, and one of her scented candles, apple. I can't wait till some of my sheets wear out so I can buy some of hers.
Well goodnight Mavens, goodmorning Corinne. I'm worn out, going to town does that to me. It was frustrating to try and find anything organic in CDA, MJs chocolate doesn't count. I ended up with a few not so great apples, sea salt, applesauce, and some butter. I'll be skinny before summer because there is nothing to eat unless I drive 50 miles. I've got to find a yogurt reciepe I can make with the organic milk I buy.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  5:42:40 PM  Show Profile
HI! I'm back! I went and did some work outside while I still can. Supposed to be really crappy here tomorrow.... I havent heard from Karen.... I really hope all is okay.... Okay, I'm gonna turn this stinkin thing off until tomorrow.....nighty night! MOrning Corrine! I miss Sam........ :o(((

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  8:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Ralph, I miss you too! I know you won't see this til tomorrow so we'll "chat" more then.

Just wanted to let everyone know we're settled in CO, the outpatient surgery went great, things are looking good so far (although the numbness hasn't worn off so I'll find out how DH is really doing later - probably about 3 in the morning).

I've skimmed the postings and will write more later but wanted to say, "BRENDA AND RUTH, YOU ARE FULL-BLOODED HEIRLOOM MAVENS IN MY BOOK!" To me you are Honorary Heirloom Mavens because we have the honor of getting to know you and learn from you.

Gotta go now. Hubby needs me. More tomorrow. MISS YOU ALL BUNCHES!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  8:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
p.s. Mornin' Corinne..............

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  10:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Morning ladies, thanks Karen to let us know about Robbie surgery. Hope you are feeling well yourself, we DO miss you for sure, All good thoughts and prayers goind your way and plenty of hugs. I am sure everybody will be delighted to see you post, what a sweet surprise, thanks for it again.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  10:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Annika, last night in bed was thinking the very same thing.
Hugsss to you sista.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  04:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens, Good evening Corinne.
Corinne, I'm so glad you're going to join us in pursuing our badge<smiling>.
Welcome back Karen. I'm so glad Robbie is doing well. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you are taking care of him. Drink your water, :)
I will be at the cafe this morning, then back to CDA, but will check in when I can.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  06:36:08 AM  Show Profile
I have (will have in a minute here) a new post on the bulletin board in the coop...
Mornin/Evening everyone..... I wont be around much today. I have to get stuff done around here and look for a job. which, I really dont want to do and i dont know why..... have a dr's appt tomorrow morning and will catch up with you-in's then!

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  07:56:28 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Corinnelouise

Annika, last night in bed was thinking the very same thing.
Hugsss to you sista.
Corinne

Sister # 101

Huggssss to you too my dear sister
I think that we likely have similar thoughts quite often.

Sorry I haven't been on much Mavens, I'm trying to get the house ready for winter and put all of our summer things in storage. I'll be back and forth, on and off =) but I'm reading whilst folding up summer clothing and such. I hope that you all have lovely days and for you Corinne , a lovely night.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  08:09:58 AM  Show Profile
Annika you are so sweet, many thanks. I enjoy so very much my sisterhood...(grin)
Fold quietly and enjoy the change of the season, i like to put away the clothing and the decorations and all that speak of a good time and leave room for something anew.
Sorry I am not doing much for the Mavens at the moment, one week to go until the bazaar, after will be easier to be more productive for me.
Have a great day and do remember to rest that ankle.
Huggggssssss
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  08:25:13 AM  Show Profile
Good evening Corinne. How are you? I wanted to tell you that I was reading your bio and thought that we have something in common. We are both French! Only I am Louisiana French. Cajun French on my momma's side. I was doing some family history research and discovered that my ancestors didn't come from Nova Scotia like most Cajuns did, they came from France. Wow, the things you learn about your heritage when you start digging around. Have a blessed evening.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  09:33:43 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, thas is quite amazing. Do you have any idea where in France they came from ?
What are the traditions which matters to you from your heritage ? We are going to have lots of fun comparing our traditions and what matters to us. Small world sister.
Bed time closing in for me, have a wonderful day and i will see ya'll tomorrow.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Just a thought. i know a lot of us get caught up in swaps here and stuff. Is anyone interested in doing a Maven Christmas exchange? The catch: the gift has to do with gardening. I have 13 of us listed as Hm & hmm's... I could post the numbers and everyone could choose one. It doesnt have to be secret.... let me know your thoughts. It can be whatever you want to spend from "free-cycling" to buying something. Its all up to you. Ship out by Dec 10th? Let me know!!

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page