Page: of 217

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hey Mavens, can I have the granola receipt too. Maybe we should open a receipt(I know, but it's the old fashioned way it was spelled for receipe and I just think it's quaint and heirloomy, not to be confused with heirloony.)topic in the henhouse so we can share. I'm heading over to the henhouse as soon as I clear my emails out.
--First I want to share an experience with you that I had today. I was having a glass of iced tea with a friend of mine, someone I have known for a few years and we were talking about some animals she was raising for locker meat and that she was telling people that they were organic. I made the comment, not hostile either, that they really were not organic. She got very condesending (sp?) with me and made the comment, "Well, I'm feeding them oats and hay, how much more organic can you get than that?" I told her that for them to be truely organic she had to be feeding them organic feed. Then she made the comment that she thinks "organic" is such a bunch of crap and also you can't raise animals without shots, etc. I felt so dissapointed in her. First because she is so ignorant on the subject of organics and what is happening in that realm, second because friends respect each others beliefs even if they don't agree with them, and third, she was just so darn smug about it.
I'm a bit hurt and so very dissapointed in her. It made me even more thankful for y'all. Y'all are better friends than that and I haven't even met you face to face, just heart to heart. Having this thread to feed what is passionate to me has made me realize to not feed the passion for organics/heirloom is to deny myself the being of myself. Does that make any sense? I have a heavy heart because I know with that exchange the frienship is over. I just have to find a way to make a graceful exit, which will be complicated as she has a little shop and I have about 50 bolts of civil war/1800's reproduction fabric in there. Wish me luck.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, but great minds think alike, I thought I had read all the pages, but I had missed one!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Ruth, I would love for you to help and I have the perfect job for you. Since you are our newest member (I think but you're definitely close to it), what things would you like to know and/or what would have helped you in the first few days of entering the HM nest? Obviously, pointing people to the acronyms is one of them but what else? Then, how much experience do you have with doing a newsletter (heh, heh) especially the nuts and bolts side of it? Things like structuring the newsletter, adding graphics, etc. That's not my strong suit although I can fake the structure by following Jen's (sisterhood newsletter editor) lead. As far as getting involved, we're pretty much an if-you-have-an-interest-in-it-jump-on-it kind of group. So if you see something we're talking about and there's isn't someone taking the lead, take it! And if someone is taking the lead, I'm sure most of us could use a back up. You can look on page 53 of this thread to see a synopsis of ideas that have been tossed about. I'm going to throw one at you just in case you'd be interested: Teresa Sue is going to do an heirloom-related monthly post in the herb forum. If you're active in the Garden Gate and/or Farm Kitchen forums and would like to do a similar post there, that would be cool. If that isn't your forte, speak right up because because before too long, something will show up here that makes you want to jump out of your chair and shout, "That one! That's what I want to do!"

Annika, Teresa Sue, Alee, Dawn, Marcy and Amy Grace, Tina ....... I know I'm leaving some people out ........ instead of me tromping all over your territory, would you want to work up a blurb about your duty area(s) and e-mail it to me by next Tuesday (Oct 7)? If you're swamped and don't have time or will be out of town (TS), just send me an e-mail and let me know.

Everyone, how do you think we should distribute this? You could all send me your e-mail addresses or we can put it under Chapter Chatter or _________________________________(fill in the blank). The e-mail route would look prettier (or at least it will eventually). The Chapter Chatter route would be out there for other chapters to read what's happening in our henhouse and may prompt others to get involved. Or _____________________________(fill in the blank) would be _____________________________(fill in the blank).

Leaving to start supper now - the special tonight in Karen's Kitchen is Wild African Peanut Soup from the recipe file of the Amazing Annika (aka MTR aka AMR).

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:32:07 PM  Show Profile
I know how disappointing that is. I have not lost any friends, but I have been given the cold shoulder and given "The look" over my beliefs. I'm really sorry about your friend.

Perhaps you could open an etsy and sell your fabric that way...
You have my best wishes for a graceful exit.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Annika, I appreciate for you thoughts.
You know, I only have the briefest idea what an etsy is. I had never even heard of it until I got on MJ's forum. I know what ebay is. I don't even know how you would go about opening it either.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, can't spell!! or do grammer, ha!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:57:03 PM  Show Profile
http://www.etsy.com/
Here is the etsy site...where you can find out if you can sell fabric or not.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Thanks!! You are a sweetie.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  3:08:54 PM  Show Profile
shame that it has to end over this one incident. surely there is something to the friendship worth salvaging?? perhaps you could try to show her what organic really means by sharing maybe a book or something with her?? friends are hard to come by..and if its just one incident..well I'd think things could be talked out..but..in either case..best of luck to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  3:12:51 PM  Show Profile
feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the different directions the conversations have taken..having a hard time keeping up with things and everything that everyone wants to do and all the different things.
I am going to just take things slow and steady..and learn what I can..and make sure I plant a heirloom garden and save seeds.
With so many voices contributing loads of ideas I get overwhelmed easily and start to feel scattered.
So..I'll read what I can... and contribute where I can...and learn and share what I can.

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  3:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
TM, I wish it was just a single incident. However there have been other little conversations that haven't been quite so beligerent that I have tried to overlook. Also this person is very opinionated, it's only a good idea if it's her idea kinda thing. I've tried explaining other things to her and she just will not listen. I've stood by her a long time even thought she has alienated many people. I don't think she will ever "get it".

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  4:04:53 PM  Show Profile
yeah..folks like that that think their way is the only way are quite hard to get along with. good luck to ya.
-------

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  4:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Teresa Sue, I am so sorry you had to have that conversation but it sounds like it's been heading in this direction for awhile. Sometimes you have to just turn around and walk away from a friendship when core values don't match. Sometimes they were there all the time but don't become important until the friendship begins to deepen; sometimes it's because we change/they change/both change. And that's okay. We weren't meant to stay the same all through our lives. But it's still messy and sad. And who knows - maybe someday she'll get it and you'll be the one she'll turn to so as much as possible - if it's possible - leave the door unlocked.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  4:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Tina, I hear you, girl. I've been posting a lot and put several threads in the henhouse trying to keep things straight for myself. I'm not good at keeping things organized in my head so it all spills out here. I'm grateful for anything you want to share with us and hopefully we'll have something that will help you too. I think you're probably the maven with the most experience in the garden - heirloom and otherwise (though I might be wrong) so I know I'll be hitting you up for help as things settle down here.

I'll be so glad when we finally get hi-speed and I can read your magazine! I can pull in the cover pages but that's as far as it gets here. I need to start going to the local library like Amy Grace. Of course my husband would never see me then because he wouldn't be there to pull me away from the computer and I wouldn't hear him call on the cell phone - being in the vortex and all.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  4:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
If anyone doesn't have a copy of the first farmgirl cookbook and wants one, go to:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25171&whichpage=1
Scroll to the bottom of the page to 'DaisyFarm's' post.

Diane has 14 left (I requested one). In the current MJFarm magazine, they said the cookbooks are out of print. Here's your chance to get one.

God bless -

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Sep 30 2008 4:49:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  5:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Tina Michelle: Dont worry, I too, am extremely overwhelmed by this. We have exploded like fireworks and it is easy to get lost or lose interest. Most days I simply just cannot grasp all thats going on here. Its almost too fast. I havent even tried to look at links, or read a book or magazine.... I have no idea what most of GMO entails... I was nominated for Queen and I am riding others coat tails!!
So I am just goign to try to have an heirloom garden and keep re-producing it as well as I can. I think the rest will fall into place...
Maybe we could slow down the bandwagon just a wee bit girls?? I am all for ideas, but right now theres too many irons in the fire.... lets pace this a little bit... we have forever....
TS: I like how you said that we all met "heart to heart." That really touched me. I also think that there is no reason that you should have to end that friendship. Maybe the next time you see her simply state that you didnt mean to offend, that you just thought she knew the specifications that 'organic' has to meet. Maybe say that you didnt know if she was going to market them that way becasue of the FDA regs on organic, you didnt want her to get into a pickle. Its an easy way to stillmake your point, but not hurt her pride...
Karen: I think the cook book is a swell idea.... but again... Lets wait awhile on this. If anyone wants to offer a recipe to Heather (Summerstead) go for it. There are still a handful of us that need to catch up and get educated right now... me primarily.
Ruth & Karen: If you feel up to a newsletter, thats fine. I'm just concerned about the amount of duties one person can take on at this point.
Do I sound like a downer today? Sorry if I do. I feel like I'm still standing at the gate and ya'll have rocketed around the first bend without me!
I think the henhouse is supplying us with great organization... I still am having a hard time keeping up with it all though.... How many open projects do we have going on right now? Okay, going to post granola recipe....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  6:07:29 PM  Show Profile
oh no..I haven't lost interest..not at all! still very interested..but I have to go at a pace that I can keep my sanity at.
I guess hitting the big 4-0 has taught me that slow and steady will win the race.
I am gung ho to definitely do the heirloom/organic gardening...and I too haven't had much if any chance to check out the links posted here.
I will be gardening with heirlooms..that is a given..and will be collecting seed, will be teaching myself about hydroponics and so much more.But not at this home any more.
Right now though with trying to get ready for a much needed vacation, get the house ready to sell, and also keep up with home educating my kids..and everything else..I do not/will not have a garden here at this home any more.The goal here is simply to get the house/yard in shape for sale.
All I have currently are some plants (roses,lillies,irises, and more) in pots as they will be transferred to a new home.We dug out our spring/summer garden as soon as we had gotten a couple of crops from it and the weather became too hot for it to do well...and have allowed the yard the chance to get back to a city lawn.
I currently have allowed a large pot of garlic chives to go to flower..and should be able to collect the bulbils soon on those.
Unless this home sells before Spring time..I won't be doing any gardening until I am in a new home.
Only thing I'll be doing is making sure that I keep the potted specimens alive and if any of them set seed..collecting the seed from them.
----------
I hope that I haven't been a downer..definitely not meaning to be.
I will still collect and trade seed all along as I can.
Because most seed is viable for up to 5 yrs...and I'll have a new garden place by then.
----------
So..I'm still for collecting/swapping seed as I go..and for learning everything I can in between all the business of life.
----------
hugs,
Tina

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  6:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Okay - I'm in tears from this frustrating computer. I had a long post and the screen flipped on me again and lost it all. I am so NOT IN LOVE with this computer today.

I'll try to post my thoughts tomorrow but the gist of it is:

We've left the giddy stage for the nitty gritty stage. This is why we need to know what everyone's goals are. My number one goal is educating others. That's why I've hit the links and books and feel overwhelmed in the seed-swapping arena. I've done nothing there. For others it's the hands-on of gardening that's most important. That's why knowing what everyone's goal is for this group is so important. I put mine in my little essay but I don't think I've even posted it in my bio as I was doing a quick one to get it out there. I promise to edit my bio tomorrow to put it in there.

This group will be just fine. We're going to head in different directions in some ways but our over all goal is the same: Save Our Seeds - Feed Our Future. The rest will work itself out on the journey. No one person can do it all and we need to quit thinking that we have to. Back to the Stephen Covey quote: "When two people agree, one isn't necessary." By the same token, when everyone's doing everything, only one person is needed. We'll figure out the balance along the way and everyone will get to let their gifts shine and the rest of us will bask in the glow. We're gonna be fine. I think we're all just tired. This has been like a second (or third) job. We just need to shift the balance.

Dawn, I'm going ahead with the newsletter. More on that tomorrow. And I'll explain more about the cookbook idea then too.

Goodnight, all. Much love and sweet dreams.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  6:33:25 PM  Show Profile
Good night and sweet dreams Dawn and Karen

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  7:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Um - wow miss a day miss a ton!!

I am continuing the work on seed safe companies. I have submitted a few ideas for the news letter title. I am trying to read about 4 books at once.(3 gardening 1 autism) Didn't close the loan to fix the house. Trying another route.

I am also trying to convince some co-workers the importance of what we are doing. Got my mom mostly convinced to check out the forum and possibly join. She can't garden anymore, but still loves to learn.

Tina - about the friendship thing. I'm there with you. I lost a really good friend over something trivial. We still speak, but the closeness is gone. We were friends for over 10 years...Hang in there - we are all here for you.

Lora #358

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.

Please visit my new blog and post your opinions about different subjects. www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  7:56:08 PM  Show Profile
hey..it's not me..it was someone else with the friend thing...but thanks anyhow.:0)

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  01:13:12 AM  Show Profile
so...I read through the Garden Ville websites information in regards to Organic Gardening(composting,benefecial bugs and more) this evening..and took the little quiz...and at the end they ask you to write a short essay about what organic gardening means to you:
here was mine:
--------------
Organic gardening for me means getting back to the heart and soul of what gardening(raising vegetables, fruits, and flowers)truly is. Working in harmony with nature, not against it. Taking into consideration the natural cycles of rainfall,sun exposure,and the seasons.Gardening the way our ancestors did before there were so many chemicals and pesticides available to the public. When people planted by the moon phases,and used what their farm animals provided as a natural fertilizer to help boost the soil content.
These are the ways that need preserving.As some would call it "the simpler ways".
When bees, butterflies, bats and birds were not dying off by the thousands due to overuse of man made chemicals that are touted as "beneficial" to our land and soil..when in reality they are killing off the very things our land needs to thrive and grow..the beneficial pollinators.
To me organic gardening means providing areas that create a harmonious balance on one's land, be it a city backyard, or a 100 acre farm..wherever it is..to provide not just an area to grow fruit and vegetables, but to also plant beneficial plants/native species to each particular region from which bees and butterflies and other beneficial insects and animals can have a nectar source/a living area so that all works together in harmony.
Bees, butterflies and bats..in a cycle which then benefits what grows in one's yard,garden,acreage.
To supplement the soil as needed with only natural products taken from the animals, or from the land..giving back to the land;from the land.
Not destroying the land with harmful chemicals that several years down the road we learn from this study or th next that these things are harming us more than we know.
To me organic gardening is a path back to our roots...the way it should be.
-----------------
short and simple..and to the point I guess.:0)

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  02:54:27 AM  Show Profile
From Annika's list, here are the seeds I have localised and in which catalog.
Still working on the rest of them.
Corinne

Annika ‘s list

BC : Baker Creek
SS : Seeds Savers
HS : Heritage seeds (Canada)

BC : Baker Creek
SS : Seeds Savers
HS : Heritage seeds (Canada)

Algonquian Squash,
American Apple,
American Heirloom Pears,
* American Persimmon,
http://www.naturehills.com/product/persimmon.aspx
American Wild Plum,
* Amish Paste Tomato, BC SS
* Amish Pie Squash, HS
* Aunt Molly’s Ground Cherry, SS
Aunt Molly’s Husk Tomato,
* Aunt Ruby’s German Green Tomato, BC SS
Baby Crawford Peach,
Beaver Dam Pepper,
Blenheim Apricot,
Boston Marrow Squash,
Bronx Grapes,
Bull Nose Large Bell Pepper,
Burbank Tomato,
California Mission Olive,
Capitol Reef Apple,
Chalk’s Early Jewel Tomato,
* Cherokee Purple Tomato, BC
Chiltepin Pepper,
*Crane Melon, SS
* Djena Lee’s Golden Girl Tomato, HS
Elephant Heart Plum,
Fay Elberta Peach,
* Fish Pepper, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
* German Pink Tomato, BC
Green-striped Cushaw,
Hinkelhatz Hot Pepper,
Inca Plum,
Inland Empire Old-Grove Orange,
Japanese Massaged Dried Persimmon: Hoshigaki,
* Jimmy Nardello’s Sweet Italian Frying pepper, BC
Laroda Plum, Livingston’s Globe Tomato
Livingston’s Golden Queen Tomato,
Louisiana Heritage Strawberries,
Louisiana Satsuma,
Mariposa Plum,
Meech’s Prolific Quince,
Meyer Lemon of California’s Central Coast,
* Moon & Stars Watermelon, HS SS
Native American Strawberry,
New Mexican Native Chile,
New Mexico Native Tomatillo\
Norton Grape,
Oldmixon Free Peach,
Orange Oxheart Tomato,
Padre Plum, Pawpaw,
Pixie Tangerine of Ojai Valley,
Puebla Avocado,
* Radiator Charlie’s Mortgage Lifter Tomato, BG
* Red Fig Tomato, HS SS
Rio Oso Gem Peach,
Sebastopol Gravenstein Apple,
Sheboygan Tomato,
Sheepnose Pimiento,
Sibley Squash,
Silver Logan Peach,
* Sudduth Strain Brandywine Tomato, SS
Sun Crest Peach, Valencia Tomato,
* Wenk’s Yellow Hot Pepper, SS
Wilson Popenoe Avocado,
* Yellow-Meated Watermelon BG

Grains/Cereals

Anishinaabeg Manoomin (Wild Rice),
Carolina Gold Rice,
* Chapalote Corn,
Agrestal Organic Heritage Seed Co., Little Pine's Native Heritage Place

Chicos,
Roy’s Calais flint corn,
Tuscarora White Corn

Nuts

American Butternut, American Chestnut, American Native Pecan, Emory Oak “Bellota” Acorns, Nevada Single Leaf Pinyon, Shagbark Hickory Nut

Pulses (beans, peas & lentils)

* Arikara Yellow Bean, SS
Bolita Bean,
Brown and White Tepary Bean,
* Cherokee Trail of Tears Bean, HS
* Christmas Lima Bean, BG
Four Corners Gold Bean,
* Hidatsa Red Bean, HS SS
* Hidatsa Shield Figure bean, HS SS
Hopi Mottled Lima Beans,
* Hutterite Soup Bean, HS SS
* Jacob’s Cattle Bean, SS
* Lina Cisco’s Bird Egg Bean, SS
* Marrowfat Bean, OSC Seeds (Ontario Seed Company)
* Mayflower Bean, BG
Mesquite Pod Flour,
* Mississippi Silver Hull Bean—Crowder Cowpeas, BG
* O’odham Pink Bean, Little Pine's Native Heritage Place
Petaluma Gold Rush Bean,
Rio Zape Bean,
Santa Maria Pinquitos Bean,
Sea Island Red Peas,
Southern Field Peas,
* True Red Cranberry Bean, HS
* Turkey Craw Bean, BG
Yellow Indian Woman Bean

Vegetables

* Amish Deer Tongue Lettuce, BG
* Early Blood Turnip-Rooted Beet, HS
* Gilfeather Turnip, Hope Seeds and Perennials, Prairie Garden Seeds
* Grandpa Admire’s Lettuce, SS
Green Mountain Potato,
* Ozette Potato, SS
* Speckled Lettuce,
Cottage Gardener Heirloom Seed

* Tennis Ball Lettuce SS

Sister # 101

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Oct 01 2008 06:03:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  05:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Wow Corinne, great job, you are on track Maven! I'm sorry I haven't had time to look at the list, working and getting ready for my trip. I will take any heirloom seed that will grow in my zone, which is zone3-5, strange, I know, but I have to account for the micro-climates due to the mountains.
---All of you who are overwhelmed, it's okay. Like Dawn said, we will keep on going and we'll figure it out. I think too, perhaps the intensity that this subject matters to us took us off guard.
---Karen, you nailed it when you said the thing about from giddy to gritty, lol You are such a silver tongued devil,lol
TM-AS in Tina Michelle sorry the Mavens keep getting us mixed up! TM and TS I guess when one is reading fast and breathless, the initials just merge! Thank you for you advice.
---To everyone, thanks for your kind words and suggestions. I think I was initially hurt by my friends words. I didn't make her mad, the part that bothered me the most I guess is there are many things she believes in that I don't, but I don't bash her beliefs, I am old fashioned I guess, I still believe in free speech AND respect for others' opinions. I haven't done anything rash and I've thought about it. I've decided the best way to prove my point is in doing. The relationship probably will be like Lora said, there, but the closeness will be gone. Thanks again, y'all are great.
Okay with all that has been said, do you want to start the HMBC the first of Nov, so y'all don't feel quite so pressed? Need imput.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  05:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Theresa Sue, hang on there, sometimes it is okay to let go of a frendship that is not sustaining us any more.
And it is not about making your point it is about feeling respected in your own opinions.
Hugs.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page