Page: of 217

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  05:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I will be in and out most of the day and probably won't be posting much but I will be checking in. Try to keep it under 5 pages til I get back.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  06:05:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear! You DID have a day Karen, glad you are ok, somehow I missed your mis-adventure yesterday.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  06:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Karen-

OOPS! I just remembered! It wasn't the timing belt that snapped. Replace the above mention with _fan_ belt.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  07:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Look out, this one's gonna start a fire in the henhouse. I just had the wild and crazy idea to start a "You know you're in the HMV when...." thread in the henhouse. Not sure where to put this in the henhouse. Since it's not a book or project or bio, I'm going to stick it on the bulletin board. Those of you who aren't officially in the henhouse can post in this thread and I'll move your lovely comments to the initial post.

This gem did not come from my mind. Oh no. It is the brainchild of my loving husband who volunteered another way of identifying when his wife has been sucked into the vortex. I thought rather than adding it to the definition we could have a thread and maybe include a hard copy in the BB&B gift basket for MaryJane - although I have a feeling when she finds out about it, she'll be peeking in for a good laugh.

Follow me to the HM Bulletin Board.....................

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  07:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Okay, just realized I don't have access to the bulletin board so follow me to the project discussion folder.....................

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  07:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Mercy!
Do you know it has been one bunch of grapes, two cups of tea, a phone call, and a couple of hours to get through these pages and the henhouse? Wait.....I need another cup of tea, I'll be right back.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  07:45:59 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone!!
Teresa Sue now you know how I feel when I sign on late in the evening after being off all day. I read things that I want to respond to and then can't remember where, I have started taking notes:) Anyhow how was the quilt show? Huckleberry's grocery store is near Deaconess hospital in Spokane. Lower south hill on Monroe Street between 9th and 10th. We are owned by Rosauers but we can be pretty autonomous with regards to selection - organic and gourmet. If you ever come in come by the bakery/cheese department - I'm the manager there. I wanted to tell you that I have had many of the same feelings of isolation in Rosalia - I was recently fortunate to find that there is another MJfarmgirl in town - someone I knew even - but it seems hard to get involved somehow. Not sure why....
Glad there are farmgirls to talk to here.
Karen - don't you hate it when lunch turns into an ordeal because of car problems? I had a week of them in June, hoping they are done for a while.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  08:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh and Huckleberry's carries a bunch of MJ's stuff in the bulk section too

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  08:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay. Right off I want to say that I think we are becoming fast friends. There are going to be times I am going to want to tell y'all stuff that doesn't have anything to do with seeds, I know it's hard to EVEN imagine! Today I'm going to do that here, but if anyone has any suggestions as to another place to post these tidbits, please tell me and I will(I know, I know, the whole Contrary thing)comply.
----I am glad everyone seems to be relatively healthy.
----Annika I'm glad your brother is better, I can understand the relationship, I have a couple of those with two of my brothers, love em, do not have anything in common with them, but I try to still have a relationship, but have recently realized, it takes two and the balls in their court. I am at peace with it.
----I want to apologize if I made anyone not feel welcome, I have experienced that a couple of times on other threads and I feel terriable that I might have contributed to that feeling, please forgive me.
----I suggest we give the title of Honorary Heirloom Maven_HHM_ to our members who aren't in the sisterhood,but who want to share and learn with us. The ones that are really interested will find a way to eventually(on their own or with help from our special fund)find a way to join the Sisterhood or they will contribute so much we'll make them stay,LOL
----I read so much this morning I know I've forgotten someone and or thing that I wanted to mention. I did do some posting in the henhouse.
----Okay first of all, I don't know how much I'll be posting this week as I've got to work, and get ready for another trip. Really, y'all I am the consumate homebody, I very rarely leave home, then it's for work or child/grandchild related. I am going to San Diego to visit my daughter, Autumn, I'm leaving Thur morning and I will be back Mon afternoon. I haven't seen her for over a year and she asked me to come down while her husband was away at a 90 day training(he's a career Marine). So, I'm off agin, but it'll be fun.
----Now, you have to hear about my Montana trip. We spent the night in Missoula, went to quilt shops and antiquing and then Sun we went to the Kalispell quilt show. Had a good time, not much sleep but bought some pretties. I bought a teacup for my collection, a teacup saucer from Austria that will be the closest thing I will ever find to go with a teacup from Prussia that a dear friend gave me, some fabu crocheted trim with buttons instead of beads that I'm going to put on a couch pillow, a cute little shamrock dish, 30's reproduction fabric(one of my favs), fall themed fabric, fall themed fat quarters, and a linen dresser scarf embroided with an old fashioned girl in long dress, bonnet, and beautiful hollyhocks.
---While I'm in San Diego I'm going to do some experiment with the design of our badge and I will get back to y'all on that next week when I come home.
----Also when I come home I will post my bio-didn't want to do that unitl I acually had the time to think about it and do a good job.
---If Alee gets the subject thread up (Badgebadger) I will also begin on that when I get back, along with the book coordinator, is it book coordinator or bookclub coordinator that I was asked to take on? Pleas advise Will Rogers!!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  08:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Amy Grace. I will try to get over that way when I can. I talked to this gal on the bus and she also knew of places to get organic produce. I'm going to email her when I get back from SD and then I'll post the info on that Spokane thread I started so the info is out there and shared. I think I will start taking notes, good grief, ha!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  08:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Contrary Wife

---If Alee gets the subject thread up (Badgebadger) I will also begin on that when I get back, along with the book coordinator, is it book coordinator or bookclub coordinator that I was asked to take on? Pleas advise Will Rogers!!!!

Hi Teresa Sue!

If you start the Badge Badger discussion over in the Henhouse, you will be able to edit the original post when there are updates, so I will wait to post in there until you do :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  09:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
ROFL Me, edit the posts,ROFL, Okay, I am a computer duh,ta-duh. LOL. If you can teach me how, I will try, NO,I WILL DO IT!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  09:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I've been on the computer for about 3 hours and I need to get dressed, y'all have contributed to my being slothful,ha, I have to go give more haircuts at the cemetery. Check in with y'all later.
Oh, BTW, I missed y'all.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  09:12:35 AM  Show Profile
I missed you too and am glad you are back, you go give the cemetery a haircut, we'll try to keep it to a manageable ramble here

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  09:14:53 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join the book club. I have put the book on hold at the library and hope to have it within a week.

Teresa Sue~It sounds like a you had a great time. It sure seems like fun.
Annika~I hope you can begin to feel better with eating the raw foods and non GMO products. Praying for you.
Karen~I hope your car can be repaired quickly and cheaply.

Wow I can hardly keep up with all the posts here. It was a crazy weekend and now I have been sitting here catching up with all of you. Well the kids are done with their homeschool work and now they want lunch. I guess I should feed them

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  11:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Peeking in - will respond to wonderful posts that have occured since last peek after I take a nap and then take Gustav (our dog, not the hurricane though there are many similarities) to the vet.

PQs, do your thing!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:01:22 PM  Show Profile
Dear sweet friends,
Thank you all for replying to me both privately and here on this thread. I am so sorry I caused such a stir. I guess it was just a misunderstanding on my part and I apologize. Please know that NONE OF YOU did anything nor did you say anything to cause me to leave. I thought that I had posted in the wrong thread thinking that it was private and felt very embarrassed and ashamed of myself because I felt like I rudely intruded on y'alls conversation. It was just a mistake on my part, not yours. :) Silly me huh?? I adore each of you. You all have such kind hearts. I would love to come participate in this thread although I don't really feel like I would have much to contribute. I will make a vow to plant only Heirloom Seeds and plants in my gardens and to freely share with others and to teach them to do the same. My 12 yr. old son already understands the importance of this. He has become interested in keeping bees! He said, " we are gonna need bees to pollinate all of our plants." Smart boy!! He reads labels too!! :)

Just like Dawn said, I've got spunk or should I instead say that I like to stand my ground for the truth and what is right? The Agriculture Extension agent never replied back to me after I told him I am educated enough to know what is really going on and I can call it garbage if I want to! Word of caution!! If you ladies decided to confront your extension agency, proceed with more tack and finesse than I did. He,he.

Anyway, didn't mean to be long winded. Just wanted to let you all know that you didn't do anything to offend me at all and I still think you are all just AWESOME!!!!!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:18:36 PM  Show Profile
WARNING: Rant coming on...
It APPALLS me that these multinational and filthy rich companies would be so small and petty as to destroy heirloom and endangered seeds... Why do they have to tinker with what nature made perfect in the first place? It sickens me the thought of all of the varieties that have died out, hurried along by these giant seed corps. Just sickens me.
Maybe I am being a cynic, but I seriously doubt that any amount of heirloom seed saving is going to harm these companies enough to warrant destruction of the heirlooms or the amount of money spent trying to stop the saving of heirlooms. These people HAVE NO RIGHT to dictate what I plant or eat. They have no right to keep me in the dark about GMO foods and seeds. They have no right, no matter how much money is in it, to change the world to suit their greed. Oh Lord, I am mad to the very core of my being about all of this. They have the money, there is no doubt, but they should not be allowed to have the right.

I love that we have all come together in this time and place to make a stand and try to change our lives, our family and friends lives and others that are looking for alternatives and or are willing to try something "New". The likelihood is, most folks will just keep on keeping on and buy their seeds from who ever has the best price and the biggest pack of promises...a good number of people just don't care and wont care. They want it bigger, faster and better...it doesn't matter to them that the food grown tastes insipid slop, they will just dump a bunch more sugar on it...Sorry, I don't mean to rant...I shouldn't have started reading AMV and all of the links we have all provided. GRRRRRRRRRR!

I think that we CAN make change, but people have to be willing to listen, to be concerned, to want to make the change. I'm glad that I have a bunch of heirloom passionate sisters to share my rant with...hope I haven't upset anyone

Annika is an angry mouse

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:24:24 PM  Show Profile
roar on Annika.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:44:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tina =)
Brenda, so glad that we didn't offend you. Hope that you stick around and chat with us. We have a lot going on and we are just getting organized so we are still in the start-up process. Your boy sounds smart and wise and a wonderful son. I will take your words of advice and go about chatting with my extension agent in a more cautious and careful way.....not that you'd believe it reading my last rant =)

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Annika's new name is Angry Mouse Roaring.<grinning from ear to ear>(AMR)
I agree with you with all my heart and soul... Basically there will be an underground and guess who will be in the thick of it? Us.
See why I said AVM should be our first book in the HMBC.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Brenda, glad you are back! So glad you decided not to throw coconuts at us,lol. If I can help your son with his bees let me know. I'm not an expert by any means but I did take the Basic Beekeeping Class from WSU and have completed the Apprenticeship Level of the Master Beekeeper Certification Program with the Washington State Beekeeper's Assoc. I have refrence books if anything needs looked up. I don't have my own hives yet because we live like 20 feet from the wheat field and they spray too much pesticides to keep bees alive here. When we move to our property in Idaho I'll keep bees tho.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  1:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Contrary Wife

ROFL Me, edit the posts,ROFL, Okay, I am a computer duh,ta-duh. LOL. If you can teach me how, I will try, NO,I WILL DO IT!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Sure Teresa Sue! If you go and look at any post you have ever written, including topics, will see above the text a row of icons. One of the icons looks like a piece of paper with a pencil. Click on that and it allows you to edit your posts!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  1:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brenda-

Welcome back! It sounds like you have a lot to offer! I can't wait to start swapping seeds!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  2:00:14 PM  Show Profile
Annika~How true!! We will make a difference no matter how small. I would love to see more people become involved and learn about what these companies are really doing. I know that the want it now~faster, bigger, and better~ people are the ones who really need to learn from us. So I guess we have to make some noise!!

Brenda~I am sure you have alot to share with us. I usually feel that I have nothing to contribute. I am here to learn and do what I can.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page