Page: of 217

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Corinne, I miss you already. You are still going to France, correct? And help me with "a bientot." What does that mean. I don't speak French; I only cut and paste it.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & KMW (Keeper of Maven Words)
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:00:04 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LivingWell4YouI'm sorry. My brain short-circuited when I read that phrase. When I was growing up, computers were the size of a room - literally.

Yeah, I was born shortly before Mt. St. Helens blew. It's possible you may have a handful of years on me. So I grew up on a Commodore 64 with a cassette tape for data (oh, how I loved playing Barbie, Muppets and Jumpman), then we got the 5" floppy for that, then an NEC laptop with the two drives (one for data, one for the program) then a few IBM lemon laptops, then Toshiba laptops in the 90's.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys
Go to Top of Page

DearMildred
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Amanda
Tulsa OK
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:09:13 PM  Show Profile
Cleavage envy! Ha ha! I miss my Toshiba laptop, too. I have to actually LOCK the touchpad on my new MSI Wind because it is such a pain.

Corinne safe travels and we can't wait to hear of your adventure from the other side of the atlantic.

Karen that sounds exactly like something I would do!

Annika that's great news that it's NOT cancer!

Gotta go take pictures of buildings. Y'all have a fantastic day.

~~~Amanda in OK~~~

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I got home from work and was trying to read throught the posts before I posted anything, all the while thinking, did I write Denise's bd down on the wrong day?lol

Annkia I'm very glad your dad doesn't have cancer : )

Corinne, safe trip to France, we love ya even if you are a trouble maker, ROFL!!!!!! :p
BTW, your lists are fabu!

Kelley, dear, Dawn is yankin' your chain, yes, she might have made those, but she can't pass up an opportunity to give you a bad time, lol

Rene',I haven't rec'd the Lynn Coulter book plate yet, hmmmm.......maybe it ran off with the apron, lol

Hi Dawn, Karen,.....oh heck, hi y'all, lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

gramax18
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Elinor
meeker Colorado
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  1:00:24 PM  Show Profile
Corinne, Thanks for the organic gardening planner. I printed it out so it could be right in front of me. Have a good time in your travels.
My garden still has snow on it and it will be a couple of months before I can do anything with it. But when my seed order gets here from Pinetree Garden I'll start some things inside.
The sun is out, PTL.
Have a good day!

Elinor

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  2:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Okay, Kelley, I'm posting on the forum because it is the place we go to for all the latest info. Then I will e-mail you. Just wanted you to know my phone battery died. I am not ignoring you. Please accept my apology with a big bow tied on it!

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  2:49:06 PM  Show Profile
LOL.....yeah, yeah, yeah....you can tell the truth!!! I promise it won't hurt my feelings!!! I know I talked you right to sleep, didn't I???? It's ok....happens to me all the time!!!.....LOL
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  2:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I kept trying to tell you that the battery indicator was beeping but I was laughing so hard I couldn't get it out!

Marcy, I am so serious. We will definitely have our hands FULL at Spring Fling. Kelley even laughs like Dawn. Oh my!!!

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  2:59:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm still LMAO!!!! No....you couldn't tell me because I wouldn't shut up long enough to let you!!!!!!LOL....LOL...LOL
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  3:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Ok.....everyone keep your fingers crossed, because I'm gonna try and do this broadband thing by myself......eeeeee......without DH's help!!! If ya'll hear a loud explosion, or all of your computers shut down......don't worry, don't panick, it's just me trying to do something "Techy"!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

DearMildred
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Amanda
Tulsa OK
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  3:05:47 PM  Show Profile
You can do it!!!!

Off to help my honey pack, and plot how I'm going to get my seeds started this weekend and get him packed to move all at the same time. Everybody have a fantastic evening.

~~~Amanda in OK~~~

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  3:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Amanda, you can do it too!!!!

Kelley, if you can't get it to work, tie the wires in a bow.

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  3:36:36 PM  Show Profile
LOL>>>>.hahah I did it, but soo far, it doesn't seem that much faster!! Hmmmmmm.....
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  3:40:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey Amanda.....I know it has to be hard with your BF moving so far away....thank goodness you'll have your garden and us to help you through it!

Karen....If you want....after your phone gets a good nights charge, you can call me in the morning (if ya want) I'll be home all day tommorow!!!....LOL...
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  4:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
http://www.mamashealth.com/garden/seedsaving.asp

Hey Mavens, This is one of my new favorites when it comes to all things garden. I am preparing for a chapter meeting tonight at my best friend Terra's home. We are covering sprouting, cold frame planting and SQ Ft gardening... Of course I will be sharing about the mavens. Maybe we will get more prosserfarmgirls to join in on the conversations. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  6:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
Hello Mavens, Brian has got me signed up today and would like me to give you a little info on myself. My name is Gail and I am 54 yrs old. Homemaker who spends most of my time either gardening, hauling wood, cleaning coops or whatever I can find doing. Love to take out my boat and go fishing in summer. Always looking for someone to go with me. Now that I've joined the Charming Chicks chapter in Kfalls, I have other farmgirls to take along. I am trying to get back into sewing which has been a long time passion of mine. I have a daughter that lives nearby and a son who lives near Boise, Idaho. My husband and I have 3 Labs, 3 cats and some chickens. We live on an 8 acre hillside overlooking farm fields. This is my little heaven. I am really happy to be a part of this forum and look forward to meeting all of you.

Gail Farmgirl #486
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  7:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Horray she jumped in feet first.. A true farmgirl. Welcome Gail.. I think you mean Gabe was the person who registered you. Or am I mistaken.. no matter.. You are going to learna lot about saving seeds & other garden info.

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  7:29:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah Rene - whatever did happen to that apron?? I did however receive my book plate and bookmark - thank you so much for doing that.
Annika - so glad to hear the good news about your father, the non-cancerous news anyway. Here's hoping that his recuperation from medical procedures will be speedy and uneventful. I hope you are doing okay too, caring for a loved one can be very draining, I've been thinkin' about you.
Amanda - too funny, the minute I read Winslow, Arizona, what pops into my head but "Take it Easy", then I read further and find I'm not the only one with that association.
I have been struck with a creative/sewing bug lately and made two aprons and a "Prairie Girl" tunic top since last week, I'm channeling the gardening energy I guess.
I just got an e-mail from Corinne, I have her cell number and will see her in Paris in two weeks!!!!!!!! How cool is that? The second maven I meet in person and it will be on another continent!!
Karen - I am buying a camera tomorrow (my DH fell in the river with my old one 4 years ago so I am due) so I will take and post pictures of Corinne, and me too I guess, hate having my picture taken.
Tina - I love your idea - we could be America's Test Garden ( like America's Test Kitchen you know?)
Okay, I may now be too tired to post further, the dog and my life stresses have combined for not much sleep this week for Amy. I wake up at 3 and start thinking and can't stop or get back to sleep. Then I get really dopey at 7:30 pm
Later
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Heirloom Mavens Badge Badger
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  7:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello gail!!! So glad to see you here!! You are just gonna love it!!!! I promise!!

Rene' - i checked out that link, and REALLY like it....Soooo much different stuff, and all in one place!!! Yippy Skippy!!
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  7:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow - I completely missed the last page when I was reading, I really do need some sleep - welcome Gail!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Heirloom Mavens Badge Badger
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  8:31:59 PM  Show Profile
welcome to all the new gals!
--------
well..maybe someplace like Baker Creek would want to have test gardens around the nation? who knows?..it certainly would be something I'd consider great fun/and a terrific learning experience if I ever had the chance to do something like that.But I don't know of anybody willing to take a small risk like that.We'll see..the idea has been posted here..maybe someone knows of a company/companies to contact??
---------------

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:25:22 AM  Show Profile
PHEW! About 12 pages and I (think) I am caught up. To tell the truth, I skimmed over most of it.
I really think the test gardens are a great idea. Def food for thought.....
***************************************************************************************
Kelley: yep, I was giving you greif. I did make them for Audrey when she was a babe. I took a purple turtleneck and added a plaid skirt to it. i have a pic of her somewhere in this mess of a house. However, I have to admit I never took the tank top and added a skirt. That's a great idea. And yes, I found the pattern in an old (early 1980's) crafting book, except they did it with over sized t-shirts. Run with it girl, everything old is new again. Bring it up to date and market the snot out of them! Count me in as a future buyer! Bring some to sell at Spring Fling!
**********************************************************************************************************
Speaking of T-shirts. We (me and Lora) have a guy that will make Maven T-shirts. However, they are NOT lady shirts, just your regular old t-shirts. However, the printing cost is PERFCT. I'm thinking, Mavens on the upper right hand side of the front, and the bumper sticker logo "Save our Seed, Feed Our Future" on the back.... no pic. Short and sweet. Let me know your thoughts.
***********************************************************************************************************
Stress. Yes. Its been a difficult couple of weeks. lots of tears and lots of heartfelt thinking, however, there is a light at the end of the tunnel (if I can call it that)... Some what of a solution. Thank you all for thinking of me.
***********************************************************************************************************
Okay, I am kinda new to this gardening thing as well. I have started cabbage, peas, and tomatoes already. Should I have done that??
**********************************************************************************************************
Weather update: we are under 4" of snow this morning! RASPBERRIES!!!
HAs anyone peeked in the henhouse lately? I laid an egg... albeit a silly egg. Okay, my morning time is up, I will try to peek in and post some more at work today. If anyone wants to cht tonight over at stl. lemme know. I could use some girl time. Or give me a call! I'd love to hear from ya'll!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Gail! Oh gosh, we have so many newbies that I feel like I can't keep up! My original plan was to send ya'll a seed packet and a little welcome note. I'm so sorry I drpped the ball. If you'd like, shoot me an email.... I will try to send off something this week. I so love that our family is growing. I do not feel so alone when I have a "basketball team" of sisters around!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:30:37 AM  Show Profile
TS: if you have time today, please call me at work regarding me buying my ticket online. I am confused about some stuff and not sure how this all works. If I dont hear from you, I will try to contact AAA and get my ticket through them. I am trying to avoid at ALL COSTS a flight change in Chicago O'Hare. I hate that airport.... I'd rather have a connection in Denver. Most of the flights I've looked at want to fly me to JFK (New York) and connect me there to fly to Spokane... How stupid. So, some travel help would be great!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:46:01 AM  Show Profile
Yay!! good to see you back Dawn....but You made me loose my whole 14 paragraph posst!!!!! LOL.....
Tina - You know, I was thinking.....aren't we already going to be test gardens anyways?? I mean, I'm sure that there are plenty of us that are going to try a new heirloom variety that we have never tried before....and I think if we all (those who want to and have the time) keep very detailed garden journals about our gardens this season, that surely will already be a good start, right? I'm excited to see the differences in the seeds that TS is sending me.....since we live in different zones, are there going to be many differences, or will they hold steady??...And the taste....is the difference in the soils each of us has going to affect the taste?...Hmmm I get excited just thinking about it!!!...lol.....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page