graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  2:25:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Teresa Sue - I'm sewing Christmas gifts today - just serging seams and finishing pajama pants then I felted a bag and a pair of slippers, one pair of slippers to go!! I have a bunch of "me" projects lined up for after Christmas too
Yup - this weather is something. We have had the news on all day because my husband is depressed about missing work so he parked himself in front of the TV, anyhow, record snowstorm ever, and still snowing!! 20 inches so far....
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Dec 18 2008 2:28:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  3:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Mavens, I love you. I've been busy, busy, busy and will be even busier tomorrow as it will be the first day that I've been able to get out all week to finish the odds and ends of Christmas gifting.

For those of you snowed in, enjoy! It seems like the worst of our weather is done for awhile - a little freezing rain (is there such a thing) this evening but temps are climbing so all should be okay by tomorrow morning.

Lora - do be careful out there. A man was hit and killed crossing the highway this morning in St. Louis. So sorry to hear about the cuts at work.

Gotta get back to "work" - will check in again when I can.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  4:09:08 PM  Show Profile
HI girls!
I love you too! Just had a fun talk with Alee..... computer microphones rock! today i spent cleaning the upstairs. I had to otherwise Audrey would've had to sleep with me! It took me exactly 10 hours. I have 2 rooms upstairs and have accumulated so much stuff that I had to seperate sewing from jewelry/scrapbooking. It does look better and it'll be much nicer to sew (or die trying) in a larger, well lit room.
I am baking again tomorrow. We should be in the for the weekend as we are to get whatever Karen had yesterday. Ice, sleet, snow...you name it. I know its scary when you get that much snow.... but I'd rather have 20" of the stuff than ice!
Lora: I am so sorry for the job stuff....
Not much else is happening. I got my Bakers Creek catalog today and am looking forward to pouring over it. I am saving it until AFTER Christmas though.....
I am done with all my gifties except MIL. Last minute Jerry thought his mom would really like a scrapbook so I have a few more pages to imagine on that. She is really hard to do stuff for as they are well off, and need for nothing. Okay girls. I need to sign off here.... I just wanna "sit".

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  4:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mavens!! It is so nice to know that we are not alone isnt it? From last minute holiday preps to being snowed in!! In northern Indiana we are expecting freezing rain, sleet and snow!! Most everyone is planning on a snow day tomorrow!! I will make one last stop tonight on my way home to get some things and then I am ready to be iced in!!

My DD got her permit this week and I am a wreck with her wanting to drive in this weather!! She has to learn sometime. Just went through this last spring with DS and survived but the roads were clear!! OH MY!!

I am still making presents and todays project was a doll for my oldest sons girlfriends neice!! All I needed was a good excuse!! Been wanting to make one for awhile!! She's a bit homemade but a 2yr old will love her!!

DH is home and driving me NUTS!! I really like it when he works but a couple more weeks before that happens!! OH MAN!!!!

Want to laugh? DD has auto mechanics at school so Wed I took the car in to change the brakes!! Spending 3 Hours with mostly teen boys was interesting to say the least!! OK so she got filthy dirty (expected cuz she loves what she does) and then we were ready to leave.. I put the car in reverse and you guessed it!! NO BRAKES! Car is rolling backwards..garage door is slllooowwwlllyy opening..I am freaking out and we hit the door!! Damaged the two bottom panels!! Didnt hurt my crazy Aztec. (I will explain sometime--that thing takes a beating or rather gives one and keeps going!!!) Well, I was mortified, teacher was cool and the kids were like OMG!!! They get a new door and we made it out the other door safely!!!

Always something!!

Tina- thanks for the card

Lora- thank you..everytime I go to make a pie I am digging for the recipes--I am sticking it to the fridge!!!

Dawn- thank you..I clipped the mittens to my decorations in the car and love the earrings!!

Teresa Sue- thanks for the card..it showed up on the perfect day!! I needed some Maven cheering up!!!

I hope everyone else is doing fine..snowed in or not!!

And the big question...if we start onion seeds next month do we start them inside or out???? I am so focused on the holidays that gardening is malfunctioning in the brain!!!!

Love you guys!!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  5:43:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi all you wonderful Mavens. Sorry I have been out of the loop here. I have been down with some health issues. Still not up to par but wanted to say a quick hello. I have caught up on the posts and hope everyone is doing ok. Everyone keeping warm who needs to?
Tina~ how are you healing up on the wisdom tooth extractions. Mine is coming along. I have to get some more work done after the holidays. Nothing major just checking it out to see the next course of action.
Thanks so much to all for the Christmas cards. I really enjoy our group here. One of the heirloom catalogs came today so I am curling up with a cup o' tea and checking out the seeds I want to get.
Take care everyone and I hope you all have wonderful holidays!!

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning dear Mavens. Well, I have a mess this morning. My Christmas tree fell over. Broken ornaments everywhere. It happened last year too, lost a lot of my ornaments. It can't be a random thing, I guess my tree stand is a dud. I'm going to saw about a foot off my tree(it's 9 feet tall) and see if that helps.

Today I'm going to bake sugar cookies, make carmel corn, & bake bread. Maybe bake some other cookies as well, depends on how long it takes me to clean up the tree thing.

Corinne are you working away getting ready to move and saying goodbye to dear friends. I'm thinking of you.
Karen glad you are up and about, hope you keep feeling well.
Good to hear from you Denise.
Marcy I know just what you mean about the DH, lol. Mine works M,T,W,TH has F,S,S,M,&T off, then works W,TH,F,S, has S off and that just keeps rotating, 4 on, 5 off, 4 on, 1 off, etc. That long weekend of 5 days, !!!!! by the fifth day I'm hiding in the closet just to get some "me" time,lol aaaggghhhhh, not to mention it totally screws my days up, I never know what day it is. So usually, if I haven't posted for a while, DH is on his long weekend.
So good to hear from so many of you. Has anyone heard from Brenda? We miss you Brenda!!!
IM with Alee yesterday for just a wee moment, hubby needed the computer, so only got to say a quick hi, hope to see her here more, at least until school starts again.
Hope y'all have a great day, and I hope everyone is going to try to be her next Monday, I'm looking forward to it.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:30:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, Mavens!!

Busy doing school here. I have alot to get finished today. I also need to make up a French quiz for my daughter to take.

We have a big snowstorm headed our way. I won't be able to go to work tonight. I probably won't go until Sunday now. I clean a drs. office and can go anytime on the weekend.

Denise~Sorry to hear that you have been sick. I hope you are better soon. It stinks being sick at this time of year when there is so much to do.
Teresa Sue~Have fun baking.
Marcy~Yes, when dh is home everything is out of whack. Try homeschooling when he's home. What a distraction.

Gotta go.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
WOO HOO! Maven, I am out of the house!!! I am at the St. Louis Bread Company (Panera Bread to the rest of the world)!!! And, most importantly, I have just licked the last envelope for the maven Christmas cards and they will be in the mail to y'all today.

I just heard Paula Deen for the first time on TV last night and after all of her "Y'alls" I was tempted to take it out of my vocabulary. (My apologies to Paula Deen fans - she's wonderful, I just overloaded with all the y'alls)

Now I am on my way to do the finishing touches of my Christmas shopping and get groceries (as I was snowed in then car-less for most of the week). Did I post that the blower went out on our Malibu when we went to visit the in-laws? Well, we didn't think much of it at the time until the weather got cold and Robbie said we'd need it to keep the windows clear when it frosted. We stayed warm enough (just enough, no more!) with the temp turned up high and no blower but he wouldnt' be able to take the car in bad weather due to the window issue. So Monday when we were iced in he was checking the car and the truck (Ranger) and both had frozen washer fluid tanks. Yea, that was when I remembered that in the summer he uses water and vinegar in them. Well, he just never got around to switching to washer fluid for the winter. AND to add insult to injury, when he tried to put the hood back down on the Malibu it wouldn't close all the way. The main latch wouldn't catch so we cried "uncle" and took the car to the shop Tuesday. They put in a new blower motor, thawed the washer fluid tank and filled it, oiled the latch (it was just dry - we thought cable had broken), and changed the oil. Now I'm good to go for my day o' shoppin. It's 8:30 and I plan to hit the stores as soon as I post this. Hopefully it will be a little less crowded than later in the day.

Know that I'm reading everyone's posts even though I'm not posting much. Prayers and good thoughts are being sent to all as I go through them.

FYI: The newsletter may not get posted until noon CST tomorrow due to a busy week, shopping tonight and more looking at lights tonight. And next week I'll be taking the holiday off so get ready for a mega newsletter to kick the new year off!!!

Love to all! Mornin', Ralph! 'Night, Corinne! Hello, train!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:35:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Mavens, hope you are all well. How do you feel to be snowed in ? I am sure all the cooking and baking smell wonderful in your home.
I can watch snow falling on for hours, I get lost into it.
Even if we do not have snow here in Kuwait, it is getting cooler by the day, a couple of days ago the desert got some frost, and on morning we are a wee bit higher that 32 F.
I did a lot of baking today, our quilt guide is having a Christmas gift exchange and a cookie swap, so I made a lot of cookies today and enjoyed it a lot.
Teresa Sue, except for the sewing room, I haven't done anything yet, will wait until Christmas is over and the New Year too, then I can be more efficient. Your tree is huge, I am so sorry you've lost so many ornaments, they are so precious and full of memories. Let me know if you need some, next year we could have a Mavens Chrismas ornament excahnge that would be fun, what do you think Mother Maven Dawn ?
Thinking of all of you, no news form Brenda, hope she will pop in before Christmas.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh Corinne, so good to hear from you. Thank you for the condolances on the ornaments. Maybe I should have a little ornament funeral? Hmmmm....methinks it would be a mass grave, LOL. Ha, Oh well, yes, they have many memories. Last night after I heard the crash around 2am, I thought to myself, what is the lesson in this. Hmmmmm...still deciding on that,Ha! Over the years I have come around to the thought, that things come and go in our lives. We enjoy them while they are here, cherish the memories that we had from them, but remember they are just things, so I let them go. We have to remember to ALWAYS, ALWAYS put people and our relationships with them, above things and places. Ha! You wouldn't think I could pull that thought out and even type it before I've had my second cup of tea this morning would you? LOL

Karen, have a grand time shopping and enjoying the season, so sorry to hear about the auto troubles. When y'all want a good laugh I'll tell you about my mousemobile. LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Goodmorning all..
Things are so crazy here, we didnt get the snow perdicted but seems everyone around us did. I think it makes a little worse off as the crops have no protection from the intense freezer we are in...you walk outside and your face instantly is frozen. I talked about "all you all" (sorry Karen, that is "up north" version of all Y'all).. LOL anyway, the Mavens were on the top of my talking points to the prosserfarmgirls during the cookie exchange.. I really encouraged them to get on the forum as I am dying for Y'all to get to know them and them you all...

My kids have an hour delay this morning and are out at noon......................So my window of getting anything done is a little smaller than normal.. Hope you all have a great day!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rene', no, I haven't been following you around the forum, it just looks that way. Hmmmmm.....what! No!!! I am not an apron stalker!!!!!!LOL!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  08:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Ladies!

I am gearing up for a big day of baking too! So far I am going to be making Snickerdoodles, Sugar Cookies and Candy Cane Cookies. Oh and oatmeal cookies too! My grandfather, brother in law, and a cousin are all getting a goodie basket for Christmas. The only person on my list getting a "Store Bought" present is my father-in-law because he doesn't like cookies and giving him breads and biscuits doesn't seem festive enough. So he is getting locally made summer sausage. I might make some sort of savory bread....hmmm....

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  12:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

Annika!

You snickerdoodle recipe is perfect!!! Thank you so much. I just ate one and it was exactly what I wanted! Next up sugar cookies and sugar candy cane cookies!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  4:55:34 PM  Show Profile
HI GIRLS!
I LOVE YOU!
This is the strangest illness season I've ever had. I was donwn with the 'p-nona" right after my b-day.... then all last week I felt great, then this paste Weds, I started in with the sniffles - which is very rare for me. I do not blow my nose--ever. I know, TMI..... anyhow, about a day of constant tissue companions and I woke up yesterday all stuffed up again. So I though I was "healed". Noooooooo..... I woke up this morning with my chest on fire and a horrible hacking.... I dont wanna cough cuz it hurts so bad. But otherwise I feel great! I broke down and drove an hour to the health food store for colloidal silver. I've used it before with good results, so I will try again. I also picked up a can of "green protein mix". I will try to get a good green shake in at least once a day from here on out.

I took all my cookies out of the freezer and I'm missing quite a few... I may have to file a complaint with the local cookie sheriff...... I have an inkling of the responsible party, but need more evidence...... once the theif is caught, I will be back in business... Until then, I am off to bake more this weekend.

I simply cannot believe that Christmas is really here. It doesn't feel like it to me for some reason... But on a good note, I've not been as blue as I normally get this time of year!

I am really tossing around some ideas for the farm market. Maybe that's why the holidays are not foremost on my mind. All I can think about is planting. Baker Creek Seeds has seed stands available for wholesale..... what do you think? Should I become a 'distributor' of Heirloom Baker Seeds? I wanted to run it by 'family' first. I could have them here by Spring Fling to go along with the plant sale.....
Also, another idea popped in my head today, but I digress.... I try and try like heck to be the seamstress my mother was. I am not. I cannot knit, I cannot quilt, I dont know how to can, I dont know how to make soap..... but I want to fill the market with homemade goodies. If any of you want to send me things to put up in the shop I will. All I ask is that you pay for your shipping and handling, and I will send you all your profits. I think it'd be neat to say "oh, my sister makes those....." wink wink!

Alee: I just have to tell you that your mom's glass jewelry is to die for. I am a fanatic about diocroic glass.... its hard to find around here and whenever I get some it sells quick. I just made my dd a necklace from a piece I found at a thrift store! LOVE IT! You and your mom are very talented girls!

Corrine: I think an ornament exchange is a great idea...YOU can head that up next year!

Its sure good to hear from everyone.... COuNT DOWn is oN!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  5:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dawn- I would be happy to send you some of my goodies to put in your Farm Market when you open up. Look at my website and let me know what you want about a month in advance (Soap cure time and dolly making time etc). Also you should talk to my mom- Sage here on the forum. Perhaps you could point her in the right direction to a place for her to sell her jewelry and/or your Farm Market as well.

Things are going great around here. Talked to an old friend last night and showed her my homemade soap. She wants to learn and is starting a CSA here in my hometown. We talked about me building her a webpage so we'll see. I am not exactly sure how much to charge for building a whole site and managing it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
Teresa Sue, so sorry to hear about your tree and the loss of your ornaments. I am on the mend. It's hard because I have had to go to work during all of it.
I am so glad all my christmas stuff is done and I can relax a little. I'm still doing a bit of sewing tonight.
take care everyone.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  6:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody..I've been busy/busy with family here to visit.
-----
levi'sgrammy- so far so good on the healing of the teeth..or where the teeth were I should say..was able to eat a regular meal today..but slow healing on the one tooth that was sideways and deep... I honestly think it will be a full month before the holes are healed up completely. I do have to make sure I swish with water/salt water several times a day/after a meal.
Usually after a salt water swish it aches a bit..and if it aches too much I just take 1/8th of a prescribed pain pill. The dr. gave me a prescription for antibiotic before I even had the teeth out/he said to start the antibiotic a day before I came in..but I started it 2 days before I went in to make sure I had a good kicker against anything.
Anyhow..I hope that you are doing better too..and able to munch on a little bit.
----------------
Gals..I hope you all are having a great weekend!
..oh..I had fun/frugal happen today..went to a thrift shop and saw a Fenton green glass boot in the case..I thought oh surely they'll want $15 or better for that..easy as it was a soft green color. Well what a surprise when the gal said "oh it's $5..and then she said... but oh it's close to Christmas..how about $4..I just "oh yeah..Merry Christmas!"..LOL
---------
Well got to go the gals here wanna watch a movie together.
hugs.
I'm having a great time with my mom..I'm finally learning a little about her childhood/growing up years that she never ever told me about.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at: www.stliving.net
and at:www.thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and at:http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  7:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Tina Michelle - so glad you mentioned the Fenton, I knew there was something I was meaning to get my SIL - I drew her name for the XMas swap.
Teresa Sue - I am so sorry about your tree, what a loss. And to both you and Marcy yes yes yes, the boys get in the way when they are home. Yesterday I was supposed to stay home, have a quiet day, get the last of my projects done etc. but no, everyone was home with me.....total chaos. Oh well, best laid plans, the Subaru needed new CV joints this week too, couldn't happen in September when we had extra money and the heating bills were low, no, no where is the fun in that?
Dawn - I would much rather have snow than ice!! I've been thinking about my eastern maven sisters today as the weather forecast for your area kept repeating....hope everyone makes it through okay. oh and Dawn, I have been toying with the idea of restarting the business I had when my son was a baby of hand-batiked baby clothes, they would fit right in with your farmgirl themed stuff. If I get off my butt and do it I would love to sell my stuff at your farmstand.
I just got my Baker Creek catalog today - can't decide whether to dive right in or save it. If I save it it will have to be for two weeks, that is the first time I have down time again hmmmm, I don't think I'm that patient.
Talk to y'all later
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  9:31:55 PM  Show Profile
hey gals..got some exciting news on "across the fence" :0)
Amy..glad I could help jar your memory.:0) I was trying to type real fast tonight..sorry my post looked a little fuddled.
Mom wanted me to come watch a movie with her..so we watched a really great one called "The Autobiography of Jane Pittman"..it was real good.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
hugs,Tina
p.s. thanks for all the cards/earrings, little mitten clip,etc. lately..so very, very nice to receive them in the mail.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at: www.stliving.net
and at:www.thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and at:http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  06:23:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What is everyone's plan for the day?

Today I am going to be making chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon rolls, and maybe something else too. These are going to be Christmas gifts along with the Snickerdoodles, Oatmeal Raisin, Sugar, and Candy Cane cookies that I made yesterday!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  06:26:24 AM  Show Profile
Shoveling snow!
Shopping!
shopping!!
shopping!!!
Christmas tree decorating
Feeding the farm animals
taking a bubble bath and falling asleep on the couch :P

Today is the only day without predicted snow fall before Christmas, so it will be getting basic groceries in before another big storm hits and drifts us in again.
Hi everyone *waves from a snowdrift* I'll try to chat sometime this weekend once I get some things done . Does anyone else need more hours in the day or is it just me?

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Edited by - Annika on Dec 20 2008 06:38:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  07:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey all.....
My plan is to open the market in mid-April, with a grand opening the weekend of Spring Fling. Do what you can and send it to me. Price it and keep a log. I will keep a log on my end of what i sell, and once a month I'll cut you a check. In my opinion, its win-win.

Today I'm gonna finish that scrapbook.... I know I've been talking about it forever but I'm gonna set my mind to it. I have to bake a bit more as well and on Monday we are having a Christmas pot-luck at the hatchery... I thought I'd bring a chicken dish..... <giggle>

I am so tired today. I woke up at 9am and can't shake the sleepies.....

Oh yeah - Fenton Glass. I have some. I'm from West Virginia, we hillibillies always have Fenton. Are we looking for anything in particular? I'd love to send some your way. NO CHARGE. Trade only. I have no use for the stuff. I also have some crystal.... I'm not a crystal person. Its family heirloom stuff, but I just keep it boxed up and in a closet. The Fenton is white with little white bumps and a wavy edging around the lip. I also have a red luster dish as well as some blue stuff. i should take pics and post on blog. Someday......

HAve a good one ladies. Peace out! haha

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  07:53:12 AM  Show Profile
TS: been thinking about that basket. Lets trade for it. You still interested? Lemme know after C-day.

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  08:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Morning Mavens, it's DH short weekend so he's working today, hence I am on the computer, HaHa.

Tina I'm so glad you are feeling better and you even have company to watch movies with and enjoy. You are right tho, it does seem like you have craters in you mouth when you have teeth pulled!

Denise, I hope you are feeling sprightly soon. Will you be working as much once the holidays are over? If not, maybe you'll get some recoup time.

Corinne I think an ornament exchange would be fabu too.

Dawn, I do want baskets, notice the "s", hehe. But what would you like to trade? I would like to put some goodies in your farm shop, I'm just not sure how much I can get done.

Alee, I don't know what happened yesterday when we were chatting/typing, I lost you and then my internet was goofy for a while, I hope it was the internet and not my computer. We will get together!!!

Annika, are you as tired of shoveling snow as I am?! And, yes, I do not have enough hours and more important, enough energy!!!

I am going to redecorate the tree today, had to strip it and start all over. I actually didn't lose too many important ornaments, a few vintage, but they are some that I have a lot of.
I am also going to bake off my sugar cookies, never got it done yesterday. If I have time I'll make other cookies too. We'll see how the day goes, hopefully it isn't as challenging as yesterday was.

I haven't told y'all lately, but you really brighten my life. Thank You.

Oh, I got my Baker's Creek catalog too, Amy Grace, isn't it just gorgie, OMG. I made the mistake of taking it with me when I took a bath last night. Big mistake, an hour later as I leave the bathroom, poor DH, haha, we only have one bathroom, need I say more? LOL.

I have been drinking tea and watching those home improvement shows that they have on Sat morning, I love those things. Probably from run off construction energy that I've been around for the last thirty odd years, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page