Page: of 217

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  12:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Oh ladies, I feel for you. We're fortunate enough this go round to be comfortable but we've been without and it ain't no fun. Will pray for a let up soon - for all of us. DH just told me it looks like there might be another round coming tomorrow after all.

Dawn, you didn't miss out on anything. Rene, was looking for a Farmgirl Connection e-mail that had been sent out about subscribing to the magazine and getting the stitching book for free. Which I did and now am the proud owner of two MJ books + five more bumperstickers!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  12:38:36 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, ladies!!

I know you are going to think I'm crazy but send us a little bit of your cold. It is 64 here today and I don't like it near Christmas. I want it to be a little colder and just a little bit of snow.

Amy Grace~I hope your day got better.
Dawn~I got your list today. I will make my order and send it off. I hope you have fun making the chicken saddles.

Blessings,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  3:06:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm thinking I should take a hint from Thumper's mom - If you can't say anything nice.....only substitute good for nice. Anyhow.
I can't believe it is 64 in RI Ruth, I'm pretty sure you've got some winter on the way:)
It looks like this arctic weather is settling in for a week or so - this is very unusual here. We might get 2 or 3 days at a time, but rarely a full week. I hope everyone makes it through alright!!
Back to knitting - just wanted to check in and say something slightly more cheerful!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  4:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies!

I now have voice and video chat capabilities on my onixica at yahoo dot com messenger service!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  10:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Wow we washington girls are in a mood arent we? it is so cold here. My youngest son attends a school that is about 35 miles from our house and this Am he got 1/2 way to school and was turned around due to frozen busted pipes and flooding of the school, of course he was estatic....My 17 year old was home all day with the "creeping crud", and my day was full of "hey MA"...............it is suppose to get down to -1 here tonight~ So Kiani (my 21 year olds dog, has been made the "proud resident" of the garage instead of the back yard, and I have been sitting by the fire place most of the night trying to get some last minute stitching projects done. So Amy Grace, I know of what you speak.

I love winter when it is that post card winter, you know beautiful and white and bright out... this cold and grey is a little hard to handle, my somewhat normally perky self was a little agitated by the end of the day today.

Karen, I have received a few requests for that email about getting the stiching book with the re-upping of your subscriptions for those in the sisterhood, thanks for passing it back to me. The offer ended to day so I hope all who wanted to take advantage of it, did so. I know I certainly did.

Well ok.. I best be getting last minute chores done and getting ready to turn in, I reckon tomorrow will be another adventure... nite mavens!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  06:35:37 AM  Show Profile
Maybe that's what my problem is.... its just so darn dreary outside! Yesterday it was in the 50's and today we are barely out of the low 30's. The wood burner is going, but it doesnt feel like it. Stella, Sammie Jo and Gypsy (the dogs) are stir crazy and all want to go out and play B-A-L-L - I'm afraid to type it in one word for fear that they might actually know how to read it!! They have been snapping at eachother and grouchy themselves.... I cannot figure out what to make for dinner... I am so tired of ruining food. i made a pot roast yesterday and it came out so salty.... I didnt even season it with salt! BIG SIGH! Tis the season girls....
On a lighter note, we had Christmas with my dad Sunday. It was nice and quiet. Last year, 6 out of 13 of Dad's sibling showed up with their family's and it was a party! This year it was just Dad, Jerr, Audrey and me. Audrey ate dinner, got sick, opened her gift and then fell asleep! Dad and Jerry watched the Bengals/Redkins game and I sorted through coupons. What a Christmas huh? We ate lasagna, the last of my green beans from the garden, whoel grain bread and a cookie platter that was half gone before dinner. Thanks goodness those boys can still eat!

Karen: How lucky are you! MJ Books! I have all of them. I was a bad girl. When I joined the connection and realized what it was all about, I went straight to Barnes & Noble and bought all of them.... on my cc. Now I am paying it off!! OH well......... did you get a Plowin' Thru bumper sticker? I want one, I'll trade ya somethin!!

Ruth: glad you got the order form. I am almost sold out of smellies.... I cant believe it. Please note that it may take a bit to get some things together. And I always throw in a freebie!

Lora and TS: your packages went out yesterday.... in all my excitement I forgot the packing list. I will mail that off to you soon.

Tina: I am heading over to look at victory right now..... GoOD FOr YoU!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  07:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Brrrrr
It is so cold here this AM. Our schools have a 2 hour delay (like most in the area), and it is just COLD. I need to do some baking today as the Prosserfarmchicks are having a cookie exchange on Thursday which should be so much fun! We have a great group of gals and it is always so much fun getting together. I have a couple more purses (teabags) to make today as well ....I started some sour dough to make bread for some Christmas baskets as well.. I love the business of holiday prep, and I am THRILLED to say I haven't had to enter the Mall once :)........LOVE that! I am more of a "hunter gather" when it comes to shopping, so the mall, or department stores around the holidays are a nightmare for me... with making the bulk of my gifts this year, I just havent missed the crowds I must say. My Tree goes up this weekend and the house becomes winter wonderland (right now it is more like santa's little workshop)... Trust you are all having as much fun as I am... Ok off to make oatmeal for the lazy heads who got to sleep in this morning.

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  10:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Hello Mavens!!

Checking in here real quick while I can.

Dawn~I have my order picked out but it's no rush. I will email you so you can give me a total with shipping. It can wait until after Christmas. I just wanted some goodies for here at home and you can take as long as you need.

Annika~I just received my package today. Thank you so much. I just love the books!!! I hung the cute little pouch of cinnamon sticks in my kitchen. It's adorable!!! Thank you again for your generosity.

Rene~ I hope you get your package soon. I sent it out last week. I sure hope it doesn't get lost. Our main post office has been so slow this season. Packages are actually sitting there for days before they are sent to the local post office. I guess they are flooded with work.

I have finished school with the kids' today, ironed, washed 3 loads of laundry, assembled a gingerbread house for us to decorate after supper and made a garland to hang on our fence. Now I need to get these Christmas cards done so I can send them in the mail tomorrow.

Blessings,
Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  3:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I'm so glad that you liked everything and that it got there in one piece! Happy Christmas dear Maven Sister!

I'm still baby sitting the farm and all of the critters and have been very busy trying to get it all done here while my land lady goes for back surgery and my land lord has gone to be with her. I will be less busy by the weekend, I hope and able to enjoy the days leading up to Christmas

"Waving hello" to all of you, I hope that you are all busy and staying warm and getting ready for the holidays and getting into the Christmas spirit.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  3:42:35 PM  Show Profile
Okay. I lied. Its NOT in the 30's here. Lets try 21 flippin degrees. I went out today to try to find something for Audrey from my FIL. He just gives me $ and I go. I came back emplty handed. Well, not exactly. I found a scrapbooking store..... ahem. That bag will go straight upstairs!
My house has been decorated since the day after Thanksgiving. Its something my mom used to do and I do it just to lift my spirits. Although I must admit I spend the next 3 weeks rearranging! I took a picture of all my Skinny Santas and I will post them on my blog soon. Please enjoy them! If I ever get to move into my "dream" home, I want a Santa Bathroom. My ex-MIL has one, and I love it! Its red and white and she has these Santa's all over the place in there. But they are all vintage or Skinny..... and it doesnt look overdone.
I found 2 more FarmGirl signs... Once the weather clears I think I may do some original work on the barn siding we have leftover from the old chicken coop.

Okay girls.... from the sounds of the weather, I'm gonna hunker in. We are gonna get hit with ice and sleet. Fun times!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  7:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals!!
Feeling slightly less cranky so I'll give it a go, if I start sounding grumpy I'm cutting myself off.
Rene - your baking day sounds terrific, I am going to try that Thursday. I have been mostly able to stay out of the mall this year too, I started really early and it worked well. I got down to the wire on a couple of handmade gifts though and they will not get done, I refuse to make myself crazy this year:D, or should I say crazier.
Forecast tonight is for zero degrees, then snow tomorrow, then 15 below this weekend, like Dawn said, time to hunker down.....
Try to stay warm and happy mavens, spring will come again, and seeds will rise from the earth
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  7:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Dawn - thanks for the nice post in the henhouse - good reminder for disgruntled farmgirl (me) I'm off to read some christmas stories:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  7:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, you made my morning so bright with your story, I will carry the kindness all over Kuwait today.
Love ya Maven Queen,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  06:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens.
I am SO excited, it's supposed to get up to 22 degrees today, wooohoooo.
Now that I'm a bit thawed out I'm not so grumpy, lol
Hmmmm, what's new? Well, I'm not working at the cafe today, business slow, I got cut a day. My budget cries, but my soul soars, lol.
I dislike the malls also. Three cheers for Rene' and her effort to avoid them!!! I have been wrapping my head around making all of my gifts for next year. Everything, even the birthday presents. In fact the simple life is calling me and I think it's time I started answering it.

I'm almost ready for Christmas. The house is decorated as much as it is going to be and it's clean. Just have to do the last minute fussing you do right before company comes. I made fudge yesterday. I'll make another kind today. Also cooking a pork roast to make tamales Friday. I have a plum pudding in the works and other goodies. The baking and cooking is what really gets me in the holiday mood, I really enjoy it.

I found these two websites, and I'm going to post them on the main forum, they are for Childrens toys, made in the USA, non-toxic, some are fair trade products, some organic, green, etc. Just a better choice than Chinese radioactive, poisoned, toys.
Oompa Toys (oompa.com)
Earthentree (earthentree.com)

Fabu news!!! Recieved my SSE catalog yesterday. Oh my, it is gorgie!! I have been pouring over it and the St. Lawarence fruit tree catalog. What pleasant hours are spent dreaming.
Well dears, I need to check out the hen house and then get busy, I'll check in later.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  06:57:48 AM  Show Profile
AAARRRGGGHHHHHH! Where is my SSE catalog!!!!!! Oh by the way "Hi" Mavens! Sounds like everyone is having lousey weather! I braved the elements yesterday and ran into Salem- It was a sheet of ice, took me 4 hours to do 2 hours of shopping (Thank goodness for global warming) I was a bundle of nerves by the time I got home. Much better this morning!

I am off the the henouse real quick to read the new post, i'll be back later. Everybody stay warm and safe!

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  06:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lillian, don't let Al Gore hear you say that, ROFL, oh my.

Dawn your story was WONDERFUL, thank you.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  08:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Mavens,
My schedule has been a little off as the boys have had 2 hour delays for school. THEY are however thrilled. They are out for 2 weeks starting Friday and they can't wait. We have plans of picking my oldest son up at the Airport in Portland on Sunday, and then spend some time at the cabin in the Blue Mountains as well. I have alittle more baking, as the prosserfarmgirls are having a cookie exchange tomorrow night (which will be so fun), and I am hosting a Christmas Party at my house for some of my hubby's co-workers on Friday night....TODAY is my birthday, so I am planning on "playing" a little today...and meeting some girlfriends for dinner tonight at the local mexican resturant.

I cant believe how cold it is here... the poor puppy is NOT amused at all and we are doing all we can to keep him defrosted.

Hope you all have a blessed day! Give yourself permission to have fun for my birthday :)

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  08:42:56 AM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Rene, hope you have your family around you to celebrate.
Have a great year starting just now and enjoy the friendship that comes out of the farmgirls.
Love,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  08:43:19 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Rene! play to your hearts content m'dear!!!May it be a good one and many more to come!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  08:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Rene!! I hope you have a wonderful day and have alot of fun.

Dawn~I am off to read your story.

Blessings,
Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  09:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Happpyyyyy Birrrrttthhhhdddaaayyyy Rene'. I had it marked on my calendar as tomarrow!!!So sorry.
I hope you have a wonderful birthday, many good wishes and thoughts coming your way.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  10:24:53 AM  Show Profile
H-h-happy b-birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu! that was the bestest Marilyn Monroe I can type. So deal!!!

Hope its a happy happy one!

BE WARNED! Do NOT let Corrine send you sappy emails! You will be bawling like a baby all day! Ask me how I know!!! sniff sniff!!

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  10:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Rene~I just saw your post in the hen house. I'm not a sister yet so I wanted to let you know that my ideal way to spend my birthday would be some nice quiet time, a bubble bath, some reading and just being alone for a bit. Then a nice time with my family with a nice dinner that I don't have to cook.

Of course Mavens if you would all like to come by and visit on my birthday I would be more than happy to have a fun day with you.

Dawn~Your story was awesome. I am heading out in a few minutes myself and I will keep it in mind.

Blessings,
Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  10:40:30 AM  Show Profile
Dawn your Christmas story is awesome! I think I will take up the gentleman's gallantry and wish everyone that I can a merry Christmas. What a wonderful way to spread the spirit. You are an inspiration !

Has anyone heard from Karen? I'm a little worried about her, she is usually here and posting more often and I miss her ... sorry I haven't been very active on the thread or in the hen house, just so darned busy lately!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  10:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
HI Annika, I just got off the phone with Karen.. She thought spending time with me on the phone would be fun...............AND IT WAS! She seems fine, do I need to worry?

Ruth...........Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderful Christmas package full of wonderful homemade things.... I feel like a queen, I have them all set up like a "shrine".. hahahaa... I couldnt image feeling more special, thank you!

Dawn, your e-card absolutley cracked me up.... and the Model looked just like me :)

Marcy Jo... There are few things that speak to my heart as "homemade" cards...it shows that someone took time to think of me.....thank you so very, very much...

I love having you all "here" with me on my birthday, thanks for taking the time out of your busy lives to have fun with me.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page