Page: of 217

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  06:46:45 AM  Show Profile
My computer is still on the blink , but I'm risking a post or two. I'm so sorry to have dropped off the earth, I should be able to get this darned monkey box fixed this month. Corinne, you get to spend time with your friends and have your Christmas, that is just so wonderful! *Hugs*!!!

Lots of love to all of you.

Gotta go read about twenty pages of posts to catch up. bbl

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  07:18:35 AM  Show Profile
Dawn~Don't give up on Etsy!! I have felt the same way and it is confusing but try again. I know it's hard and time consuming but it may turn out to work ok this time. I am going over to your blog to see your wares. I can't wait for the flier.

Tina~I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky!! Having teeth out is no fun. When I had mine out, I only had smoothies for two days and I had to have it with a spoon. Try to get some rest. I hope today is a better day for you.

Rene~I have sent out your little ole package. I hope you get it soon and enjoy it.

Annika~I hope that monkey box gets fixed soon because we miss you here.

Amy Grace~I hope you are feeling better today.

Happy, Happy Birthday to You, Alee!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Blessings,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  11:06:15 AM  Show Profile
BIG SIGH.....
Karen, you are absolutely right. I am NOT a QUITTER! I will regroup and retry. Ruth, Tina and Teresa Suzeee Q...thanks for the kick in the pants!

Tina: I feel so bad for you. I once worked for a dentist who had a short fuse. If he thought you had enough novacaine....you had enough, better to have it wear off over time. Corrine is right, soup, warm not hot, and nothing cold otherwise you will go through the roof. I had an abcessed tooth once....no fun.

Amy Grace: I so feel your pain girl! We are still paying on my surgery of 3 years ago. I have to admit I do feel a littel better now, but that "stomach" feeling I fear is from the WHOLE economy, not just our troubles. I seriously fear for the nation as a whole.....Other than being bought out by another country, I do not know how the good ol US of A is gonna get out of this mess. We may all be learning how to use chopsticks someday.... i say that tongue in cheek, but you never know.

TS: Ya know, you remind me of my mom. Thats a good thing!

Karen: re: email..... put up some decorations, play some funky 80's music (how about THE WAITRESSES singing that Wrapping song??) dance in your kitchen. Make chocolate chip cookies. If that doesnt help you get out of the funk nothing will!

Alee....Happy Birthday girl. And many more!

Lora: I have the farmgirl sign saved for you.

Annika: I've missed you sweetie! DOntcha just hate Monkey Boxes???

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen

http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane

Edited by - deeredawn on Dec 11 2008 11:08:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  12:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks gals..actually slept a long time today..didn't wake til about 1:30 this afternoon..yikes..what's with that?
ahh well..the top of my mouth feels o.k. its the bottom jaw area that still feels funny. I managed to eat some mashed potatoes this morning around 10 before I toddled back to lay down after taking a pain pill and I tell you..mashed potatoes never tasted so good..although it was difficult to eat. I've started the rinsing with salt water..and so far that is going well too.
I can finally talk now that gauze is out of my mouth. thanks for having allowed me to whine.
------------------------
Happy Birthday Alee! Hope your day is a great one.
---------
o.k. Dawn..you can do it gal!
-----------
hugs to all of you..may you all have a nice day.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  1:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mavens.
Glad to hear you are feeling a wee bit better Tina.
Dawn you know all of us are not going to let you take the easy way out, LOL. I got your package in the mail today so hopefully you will have it by the first of next week, hoping you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  2:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
WOO HOO!!! I got a present on Alee's birthday! Teresa Sue just calle me - what a fun conversation! Feeling much better now - dancing around the house singing, "I got a phone call! I got a phone call!" (Robbie's not home yet. I'm sure the second wave will hit when he gets here!)

FYI: If some of my typing oesn't make sense, it may be because the d key is sticking on the keyboar. What is with these arn computers anyways?????

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  3:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
So.....do you have a hard time finding a keysow to go with your keyboar? *Giggling*
Yes, I got to chat a minute with Karen, it was great. She said Robbies guitar was fine too, hehehe
Okay, I gotta go get something done!
Love ya,

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  4:28:07 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Dear Alee.......
Hope the day finds you well.
Remember that the mavens love you!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  4:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Tina - hope you are feeling a little better, and you can get some good rest. I don't know if they gave you pain killers but I remember them messing up my stomach alot!! I quit taking them because of that, yogurt helped out on that regard.
Annika - how nice to hear your voice!!
Dawn - mm-hmm, it's not lookin' pretty. My husband is the last guy to sit at home at his work, so if he's sittin' home it's bad. We are actually fortunate here in the Spokane area because the housing bust wasn't so bad so there is still a lot of construction going. Winter is just always sketchy for work and we have a couple too many bills for our available cash flow.
John feels guilty so then he gets aggressively cranky so then it makes home life very prickly - I've gotten so I don't take it personally but it is sort of tiring......Kind of like working retail:D
Oh well, we've never missed a meal and we've never missed a Christmas!!
Talk to you mavens soon -
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  4:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Annika, good to hear you girl, missed you.

Amy Grace, I know just what you mean. Construction seems like it is either feast or famine. Last Jan DH's co layed off 5 guys. He said it's slower this year and layoffs are expected. He's been with them a long time, but you just never know. When I think about it, it makes my gut just tighten up. I keep saying I'm not going to worry about it, cause there is nothing I can do about it anyway. I try to put a positive spin on it, but we'll see. We'll just farmgirl up won't we, lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  4:51:23 PM  Show Profile
yep, all we can do. We made it for 8 months of layoff in Portland. Don't know how but we did!!
Who does your hubby work for and what part of the construction industry is he in?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  4:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh! thank you Lillian for the card, very cute!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  5:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Well he apprenticed out as a carpenter years ago. That was in the old days when they learned everything and contractors didn't sub everything out. He built houses for several years but by the time we moved up here the construction business had changed so much and everything is basically subbed out, and he said he was done building houses like that because you lost so much in quality control. You have to understand, my husband is a perfectionist when it comes to building anything,lol So now he works for Overhead Door of Southern Idaho. The company owns several Overhead Door franchises, Boise, Clarkston, Spokane, Post Falls(the office he works out of)Sun Valley, several more that I can't remember. Anyway he's basically the only one with a carpenter background, which is very helpful in many situations. He was an installer for years, they put him in management, he hated it, hated being in the office, so now he does the service work and he does all the gate work, you know, the fancy, smancy gates all the gated communities and the rich people have, that keeps him busy, especially as no one else in this area with the company knows how to do them. He says they are still getting work from the really wealthy people, but the everyday, average person just isn't having garage doors installed or worked on. This year the company gave Christmas bonus, but they are smaller than they have ever been, of course it doesn't help that the government took half of it, *shrug*

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Dec 11 2008 5:21:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  5:33:39 PM  Show Profile
MmmHmm - my DH is a framer/drywaller - hard on you physically, so he is talking about the office. I think he would hate it - he should learn something else, but don't tell him that. It is rough this year. DH works in commercial construction so there is still some of that going, particularly tri-cities, so they haven't been hit quite as hard. We will see about the christmas bonus.....
Teresa Sue and Lillian, thanks for the Christmas cards!!!
Very cute, both of them!!

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  5:53:41 PM  Show Profile
OmGarsh,I just got the cutest card and thingie from Marcy.... Clever!

Amygrace, theres nothing a good temper tantrum wont fix! I threw one on page 199 (?) and guess who's etsy is up and running? Thank heavens!

Okay, thats all folks. I gotta go. I've been cooking ALL DAY!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  5:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh yea, I've done my share of dry wall. It is hard on you. Whenever DH didn't have some of his crew show up, I'd get to "help", lol, cement work, drywall, painting, etc. DH used to do all of that too. My son in law is an ironworker, he's been over in Moses Lake working, it's commercial too, he has lots of work.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  6:03:32 PM  Show Profile
www.harvestthymefarm.etsy.com

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  6:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Go Dawn Go!!

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  6:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue - I've done a little bit of drywall. When I was 8 months pregnant I spent a Wednesday throwing two different loads of freight for the tiny organic food store I worked at, then Thursday we hung drywall in the room the baby was to sleep in. Lo and behold the baby - Randy, now 16 - showed up the next day, a month early!!
Sounds like you are a tough farmgirl!! Cement work is really hard work
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  6:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Dawnzo,
check your etsy. I think someone ordered something. hmmmmmmmmmmmm Who was it?

hee hee hee

Lora #358

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.

Please visit my new blog and post your opinions about different subjects. www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  6:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
yea, hard to say if I hate cement work or painting the worst *grin*

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  6:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I got the last "farmgirl sign", eh, he, eh, eh, ah, lol
kind of a weird version of, na, na, na, na, na

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Dec 11 2008 6:45:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  9:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mavens!

I am so sorry! I have been so out of the loop lately. I have been so busy with finals! I have the last one tomorrow! I think I am going to do some sort of silly ridiculous dance once it is all over! Next semester is going to be even crazier though!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  06:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Alee, sooooo good to hear from you, even if it is a wee bit, lol. Good luck today on your final, and you will plow through the next semester!! Boy, you will be ready for letting loose at the BBB in July, won't cha farmgirl, hehehe

Good morning all the rest of you Mavens.
DH starts his long weekend today. We are off to CDA this morning to take a friend out to breakfast and do last minute Christmas errands. Tomarrow we will go to Cheney to pickup the grandbeasties, John and grandson, Houston, will go chop a Christmas tree and the granddaughters and I will head home. We'll make fudge, popcorn balls, and carmel corn, hot chocolate (ya know, all that stuff we try not to eat most of the time, lol) and decorate The Griswald. Little family joke, remember the huge tree in that Chevy Chase Christmas movie, the family's name was the Griswalds and they had a HUGE tree. My tree has to be large to hold my collection of glass ornaments, so my smart alecky daughter calls it The Griswald, lol.
Then on Sunday, Grandpa and I will collapse on the couch in an exhausted stupor. LOL, true fact, lol
Have a great weekend, love ya all

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  06:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Dawn, your etsy shop looks great! Way to hang in there!!!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page