Page: of 217

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  5:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Lora, I'm sending you the addresses as a Word document. It may look a little funny as it has maven colors and bittersweet request codes in it but you're a smart maven - you'll figure it out! If you can't access it, let me know. I'll be sending it from our e-mail address - the mavens have mine so you'll be getting it special delivery!

TS, regarding cheating, a maven's gotta do what a maven's gotta do!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  7:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
HaHa Karen, you're right we're a ruthless bunch, giggle, snort,lol!

Hey Dawnzo, I was wondering do you have a picnic basket in your bunch of baskets(say that fast, three times)? How about one of the gathering baskets, the one that a 9x13 pan will fit in? Any large baskets, oh do you have any of the berry baskets? I really need a larger one(not a berry basket, thats another story) that I can put in the living room with sewing supplies and my projects in it so I don't have to run upstairs everytime I need something. Not that it would hurt me, but anyway do ya, do ya, do ya?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  7:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh, BTW, Denise did you ever get your MJ mag? I haven't got mine yet.........or my SSE......

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  7:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
TS, FYI: I haven't gotten my SSE yet either but I did get an e-mail from Bountiful Gardens today that said their catalog will be out shortly.

I'm going to bed now, mavens. Much love.............sleep well.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  7:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Goodnight Karen, I'm going to watch NCIS pretty soon.
Sleep tight.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  7:59:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey everybody, I am still here!!! Boy, this morning was the scariest. So much lightning and noise and it rained ALL DAY!! Yes, there were 2 tornado warnings very early this morning. I believe one was on top of us but never touched down and the other went slightly around us and put the school where my mom works in lock down for about 2 hours. I was praying hard let me tell you. Tornados are one thing that I don't like...you never know when or where they will hit. The other tornado warning that Karen spoke of that was south of me was near my grandmother and aunts. There is so much water standing on my property right now it isn't funny. My mother in law and I were talking about this being the anniversary of an F4 tornado that hit in 1978. It wiped out most of Bossier City. The storm this morning was similar to that one. It never touched down close to me and I am sooooo thankful for that. Thank you all for thinking of me.

Lora, I am so sorry for your loss. How are you doing? It is very difficult to lose a loved one and even more so when it happens around the holidays.

Is anyone else still here??

"Love one another."

Edited by - Homespun Livin on Dec 09 2008 8:32:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  8:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Karen,
I liked your version of the 12 Days of Christmas better. The speech in it sounds like how my family members talk. LOL! I copied and saved it. Thanks for posting it.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  8:18:55 PM  Show Profile
Okay. Here is an update, I just checked my local news/weather page. There is another storm coming and should be here either tonight or tomorrow. I knew there was a tornado on top of me, I just didn't realize how close. Since it was still dark, I couldn't see anything. The Goodwill Road they speak of in the article below is only minutes away, just right down the road. Not far at all. Here is the story:

"Storm causes significant damage in Webster Parish"

WEBSTER PARISH, LA (KSLA) - "It started a couple hundred yards up through here, you can see the tree is damaged," said Sheriff Gary Sexton as he motioned toward several homes on Goodwill Road in Webster Parish.

Witnesses say all the damage - destroyed rooftops and split trees - are the result of a tornado.

"It's not confirmed except for the lady here told us she actually saw the tornado, so we have a confirmed tornado on the ground," said Sheriff Sexton.

Just waiting for the rain to stop, many residents were surprised by the powerful winds. "I said 'well, it's beginning to rain a little,' and before I could get that out of my mouth I said 'oh my God.' The wind, it just came from that direction and tore the whole front off. I didn't know the trees were down because I couldn't see outside," said Bobbie Joe Foster, whose home suffered damage from the storm.

Around the same time, just down the road, Keith Alton had told his wife to get in a closet. "And about time I shut the door I felt the whole house (move), and it was over," said Alton as he motioned with his arms indicating the roof lifted up and came back down quickly.

During that short amount of time, the wind sucked out the insulation, and sprayed it all over the side of his home.

Residents immediately began working to keep out the rain, and the sheriff's office worked to clear debris. "We brought out our inmates out here and got their driveways and vehicles free to come and go," says Sheriff Sexton.

A transformer could be seen in a front yard, leaving dozens of homes without power. Amazingly there were no injuries.

"We're alive, that's the main thing. We'll build a house," declares Alton.

After the debris is cleared on Goodwill Road crews will begin work to restore power. Sheriff Sexton estimates that all power will be restored to thirty or so homes by Wednesday.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9493496&nav=menu50_2

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  8:22:17 PM  Show Profile
It looks like this is my last post for a while girls. I am not sure at what time tomorrow they will shut me down. I will try as soon as I get up in the morning and see if I am still hooked up. I am sorry that I missed chatting with you all tonite, but I am so thankful for last night. Good night and sweet dreams. Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  8:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Brenda - so glad you made it through all right, and I will be praying for you to make it through the next weather system too. Hope you voice isn't absent too long
Lora - My prayers are with you too, and your mom. The holidays are a lousy time to be dealing with loss.
To all the rest of you - sweet dreams!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  8:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh and Ruth - glad you decided to let the boy live:D

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  04:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens.
Thank you Corinne for your update, we all were worried.
Brenda, I'm very glad you are safe!!!! We are going to miss you, don't forgot about us okay? If you want I could print every week and send it all to you, let me know once you get to a computer.
Hi Amy Grace, bummer, NCIS was a rerun last night. lol I don't do re runs, books I'll read again and again, re runs, nope, go figure, lol
Well off to work, ta ta

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  06:57:04 AM  Show Profile
Lora~I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We had to plan a quick funeral when my grandmother died it was not fun. It is good that Lliam is doing ok.

Brenda~We will miss you. You will just have to go to the library often. I am glad that you and your family are ok with that crazy weather around you.

I have subscribed to MJF and paid it in early November but still no magazine. Can I whine like a two year old?~I want my MJF magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get it!

I have to get back to schooling the kids.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  07:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of Tina today as she goes for her surgery. Praying all goes well and she recovers quickly.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  07:47:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ruth, sent you the email of the service manager at MJF, she was very helpful.
Tina, we are thinking of you, come back soon and in good condition.
Corinne

Sister # 101

Edited by - Corinnelouise on Dec 10 2008 07:47:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  08:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Good morning, ladies! Brenda, I know you may not be able to read this but I am so incredibly grateful that you're safe. Gotta tell ya I was pretty worried yesterday.

I'll be laying low today. I've been dealing with an arthritis flare the last few days. Yesterday was pretty good until I stood too long making supper. My right knee and hip are the problem areas. My bad - made some not-so-wise decisions a few months ago that set me back. That and all the traveling we did. Oh well......it will be better eventually.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  08:22:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mavens! Was hoping to join in on the fun Monday night, but my nephew was using the internet. Sounds like a good time was had by all! I went and ran errands yesterday, they are calling for snow on the valley floor this weekend and people panic when they hear that "S" word. I went and picked up extra milk and a few other things at the store so if it does snow I don't have to deal with the "panic". It is funny because it isn't the snow that worries me, it is the cold weather that is predicted all week- temps aren't supposed to get above freezing. The poor animals that are outside.

Tina- Hope all goes well today.

Brenda-Take care and we will be waiting to hear from you.

Lora-Sorry about your loss, it is so wonderful that you are there for your mother.

Christmas cards went out yesterday, so everyone should be getting one. Has anyone heard from our supposed new girl?

I am off and running for now, but hope to check in later.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  08:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies, hope very is well and happy.
Today we got good news. We are not going to travel and leave Kuwait during Christmas time, but sometimes early january. so that means I can decorate the tree (a huge fake one) and have the Christmas dinner we have planned before we got the news of an imminent departure.That made my day and now I feel so warm and fuzzy inside.Leaving means letting go of a lot of things, hope to stay, hope to keep some friendships alive, cozzyness of knowing the surroundings and the weather, all these things we take for granted but never are.So I am grateful that we can finish the year kindly in a house that I have enjoyed so very much and which has been very kind to us, me especially.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  08:53:51 AM  Show Profile
hi,
am back already from the oral surgeons. everything took only about 40 minutes..I was back home in an hour.
look like a daggum chipmunk and still numb right now. didn't need an iv or anything..just the nitrous oxide and I was awake through it, just numb and a bit groggy was all.
it all went real quickly and was over before I knew it.
thanks for all the good wishes. Am sitting here with icepack on will have to change out gauze in a few minutes.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile
Tina, that is great news, thanks for letting us know. I hope your head is not spinning and that you got some painkiller available if you need them.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  09:11:42 AM  Show Profile
thanks..yep I have pain killers if I need them. right now just still numb and have ice packs on. only needed the nitrous oxide and shots for numbness.(novacaine) so everything went real well.

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  09:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Aw Tina... Sounds painful! My thoughts are with you today

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  09:44:32 AM  Show Profile
no pain yet..still numb..chipmunk faced and still packed with gauze:0)

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  10:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls. I was reading through and was going to post a couple of times, but then someone else said what I was gonna write....great minds!

Tina: thank goodness nothing last forever..... you'll be through this soon!

Lora: Thinkin' of you and your mom. Remember: I'm here if ya need me.

Brenda: cheri'.....so happy that all is well. YOU ARE STILL SO MUCH A PART OF THIS FAMILY!

I dont have much to add..... hoping to get stuff mailed out next week. I have worked 2.5 days this week and things are picking up at the hatchery just as I predicted. If you want a chick catalog, please call me at 888.568-9755 extention 116. Love to hear from ya and it's toll free!!!!!
Also, if you are planning on coming up for the Spring Fling, I will try to get some chicks for you to buy cheep and take home... just let me know.

I gotta get some baking done. Talk with you later.

TS: I have an old style sewing basket. Its wider at the top and tapers a little. It has a wooden lid covered with fabric.... I tried changing the fabric with no success and in turn loosened the knob. If you want it you can have it. I also have a large berry basket with red, navy and green weave thru it. I cant remember what else you asked about without looking....brb.....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen

http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  10:58:51 AM  Show Profile
Ok TS, I think I have just what you need. YOu wanna take a chance? Let me know. If you dont like it, we will try again.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen

http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page