Page: of 217

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
do.......

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I.......

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Okay - I'm back. It's been way too long - withdrawls suck big eggs!! 26 pages to read - ya'll are hard to keep up with. I did get behind on reading, but am trying to catch up.
I hope everyone is getting thru their own trials and tribulations knowing that we (mavens) are here to help each other.
It isn't easy for anyone to lose a loved one much less 3 in a row, but knowing we are all going thru that together has made it easier for me. It also helps to see that humor prevails over sadness.
As you all know-(Dawn mentioned it in one of her posts)-my step dad (32 years as such) passed away 1 day before his and mom's 32nd anniversary. Massive heart attack. He passed around 2 am and I got to mom's house about 4 am. I took her to the funeral home around 10 and made all the arrangments. Then I took her shopping to get a couple of outfits to wear to the funeral home. She hadn't been shopping since my wedding 15 years ago. When we got back to her house she crashed on the couch and slept for hours. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and I am still not done. I am going back up this weekend to do more. I may be 37, but I have always considered myself to be a "kid" like everyone always called me. This weekend I grew up. I have never planned a funeral on the fly before. That was an eye-opener.

I love the magnets. They are so cute! I hope to get my Maven's Christmas present out soon.

I am not going to stay on here very long tonight. I want to get that book done and apply for my badge along with the bustin out one too.

I love you all and I hope you can over look my attempted impersonation of a turtle on Dawn's blog. It was so much more than cold and my hood blew off waiting for Dawn to take the picture. I thought I was going to freeze to death!! (I think she did it on purpose - a 3rd attempt to "off me"!!) Hello, Train!

Lora #358
If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.

www.farmallchick.blogspot.com

Edited by - FARMALLChick on Dec 09 2008 4:18:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
can..........

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
to...........

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
get..........

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:17:59 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhh - I almost forgot - I received a much needed phone call from Dawn while I was at the funeral home. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY LITTLE HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know how much I enjoyed hearing from you.!!

Lora#358

Please visit my new blog and post your opinions about different subjects. www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
us...........

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:19:07 PM  Show Profile
I am trying to get us there too

Lora#358

Please visit my new blog and post your opinions about different subjects. www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
to.........

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
200 PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:20:30 PM  Show Profile
After all I haven't been on in so long - I needed to play catch up.

Lora #358

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
WOO HOO!!!!!!!! Thank you, Lora!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:21:37 PM  Show Profile
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we did it!!!!!!

You go Karen!!!!!!!!!! Team work!!!!!

Lora #358

Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:23:01 PM  Show Profile
lol

Lora #358

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Now, on a more personal note, I am so sorry about your step-father, not for his sake but for those left behind. It's so hard. And to have to put together a funeral on the fly, not easy, my farmgirl friend. How are you and your mom holding up?

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
That was pretty cool, wasn't it, Lora? WOO HOO's all around!!!!!!!!!!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
TS, where did you go????

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I have about 10 more minutes here. Right now I have butternut squash in the oven for soup (new recipe). I'm going into the kitchen to measure an ingredient then coming back here to check in, going to the kitchen, coming back, going to the................well, ya know.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:39:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing fine. Mom - I don't know. Her paint club Christmas get-together was tonight. I called her at the club and she sounded ok. We'll see......

thanks
Lora #358

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hey Mavens, great job, we made 200 pages, even if we did cheat a little, *GRIN*
Lora, I am so sorry about your step father. I love ya girl, remember, a Mavens gotta do what a Mavens gotta do, plough through farmgirl.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Anyone heard from Brenda?
AVM finishes up the week after next week, I'm just waiting for everyone so I can apply for that badge, I applied for my other two already.
I've been working on Dawn's present and the Christmas cards. I probably won't get Dawn's finished and mailed until the end of the week, but I'll get the cards and my Mud Hen present out tomarrow.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
You and your mom (and anyone else in the family) do what you need to do the next few days. Just concentrate on taking care of yourselves. How's Liam doing with all this? We'll be here holding down the fort and keeping you close at heart.

TS, no word from Brenda yet. I checked the weather site earlier today and the tornados were lower down in LA than where she lives but there was a tornado warning this morning there (for 2 tornadoes if I remember correctly). I'm hoping someone she knows can post for her and let us know she's okay.

My maven cards will probably go out Saturday. I'm giving myself that long to get them done. If I don't get everything done by then, they're going out as is!

Hey, I placed my MJ mag subscription last week and I have the stitching book already. MJ's stitching book and seed catalogs coming - I'll be set for January!!!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  4:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Well, ladies, the squash is done and I need to stay in the kitchen to finish the soup. If it turns out to be tasty, I'll post the recipe in the henhouse.

Love y'all!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  5:02:15 PM  Show Profile
I am really doing okay. Lliam is doing surprizing well. Lance said he wailed for about last Wednesday when he got the news, and then again at the funeral home, but after that not too bad. He was up at 3:30 am this morning (why-I will never know) He made it almost all the way thru school, but we had to go get him around 3 (usually 4:30). Teacher said he was very aggitated and grouchy. I explained his lack of sleep as the probable cause and she agreed. He was allowed to go home without it getting counted as a suspension. Whew!

I need ADDRESSES!! I have a few but if you Maven's would email me yours (even if you think I already have it!)I would love to send out cards! And I want to pych out my mail carrier!! He gives me the strangest looks when I get a letter or something from a sister and I start jumping up and down!!

Thanks,
Lora #358

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page