Page: of 217

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Are you sure it was a quilt and not a horse blanket?lol!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:03:57 PM  Show Profile
Corrine I cant type and laugh..... on TWO subjects!!!

Oops. I dont have the list anymore. I will have to make a new one. Forgive me????

Oh yeah, I never got the maven address list. Could someone resend? I think I requested it when this computer was taking a "break!"

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen

http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Corinne, TS, I am loving "hearing" your voices here. I've missed everyone so. Did I say that already? heh heh heh

Brenda, are you still out there???

I made some of my Christmas cards this year. I was in the Christmas swap (43 cards to send out) and decided at the last minute to try making them. It was so much fun! I struggle with scrapbooking because of that onery perfection issue. But the cards - homemade cards every year from now on! You all will be getting store bought ones this year as I had bought them before making the mental switch but next year, homemade all the way.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:04:18 PM  Show Profile
I went to the library today and they had some Cajun Christmas books. One of them is a take on the 12 Days of Christmas. Okay...bear with me, I don't sing very well.....

The Twelve Days of Christmas in Louisiana

On the 1st day of Christmas my cousin gave to me... a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 2nd day of Christmas my cousin gave to me...2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my cousin gave to me...3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 4th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me...4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 5th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me...5 golden horns, 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 6th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me... 6 ghosts a spooking, 5 golden horns, 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 7th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me... 7 secret treasures, 6 ghosts a spooking, 5 golden horns, 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 8th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me...8 bottles of hot sauce, 7 secret treasures, 6 ghosts a spooking, 5 golden horns, 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 9th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me...9 Cajun crawfsih, 8 bottles of hot sauce, 7 secret treasures, 6 ghosts a spooking, 5 golden horns, 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 10th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me... 10 frogs a leaping, 9 Cajun crawfish, 8 bottles of hot sauce, 7 secret treasures, 6 ghosts a spooking, 5 golden horns, 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 11th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me... 11 bees a buzzing, 10 frogs a leaping, 9 Cajun crawfish, 8 bottles of hot sauce, 7 secret treasures, 6 ghosts a spooking, 5 golden horns, 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and a pelican in a cypress tree.

On the 12th day of Christmas my cousin gave to me... 12 Mardi Gras beads. 11 bees a buzzing, 10 frogs a leaping, 9 Cajun crawfish, 8 bottles of hot sauce, 7 secret treasures, 6 ghosts a spooking, 5 gol-den hornsss!! 4 river boats, 3 marsh ducks, 2 baby gators and - a - pe-li-can in - a - cy-press trreeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

ROFLOL!!!!!! That was just for you Dawn. :)

Hmmm....that was awful, wasn't it?

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:06:36 PM  Show Profile
I LOVED IT! Are you kidding me? That almost rival the Cheech & Chong Night Before Christmas! Which I may add is very close to my heart! HAHAHAHA!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I loved it Brenda, * clappppping* LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh, Brenda! I have a Cajun Christmas CD! It has the 12 Days of Christmas on it but with different gifts. The first day of Christmas is a grobeck in a cypress tree. I will get the words out here tomorrow for you so you can read them as a til-we-chat-again present. I'll have to type them as I listen to it so it will take awhile but it is so funny. Wish I could type with a Cajun accent. I don't have Dawn's golden gift for that!

Hey, Dawn, speaking of horses, guess what we got yesterday? A truckload of horse poop for our compost pile!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I love "local" humor. I told my daughter this morning seeing as I was going to northern Idaho to do some shopping I had better go find my camoflouge hair clip. She came back with "ya better wear some orange too" LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
ooooooooh, black gold, lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:10:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm copying that down..... Brenda, I love Cajun stuff. Big Harry Connick Jr fan, have read countless books about that area, wish I coulda seen New Orleans before Katrina.... not a crawfish fan, but make a mean hot sausage and chicken jambayla (if I must say so myself)..... I do envy you.... except for the gators and snakes. I am a southern woman trapped in OHIO!

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Corinne, how's it going now that you're back home? Wish I could be there to help you get your household loaded up. So where will you be on Christmas day? And New Year's day? Do you know yet?

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
That's O hi O

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Karen she said she would feed us tea and cranberry bread if we come and help, sounds like a deal, don't ya think?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
O hi O - that reminds me. When we were visiting Robbie's parents I saw several OHIO ornaments with a lighthouse for the I. Not sure what the connection is between Ohio and Hilton Head, SC. Maybe lots of people from Ohio retire there?????

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so I gotta work on my Cajun accent. And I need a hat. I DO have a MArdi Gras Mask.... its beautiful!

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Brenda it is somptuous, thanks for taking the time to type all of this.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I always wanted to go to Mardi Gras. hey, we could decend upon our dear Brenda in a year or so, call it Mavens at Mardi Gras, Oh my!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
TS, I think that's a fair trade - tea and cranberry bread for lifting and packing! It's the friendship and the laughter that makes it all worthwhile. There will be plenty for Corinne to laugh about after we got done packing her stuff!

Dawn, I think your farmgirl tiara would be stunning for Mardi Gras.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Wait till you see what I'm sending her for Christmas, hehehehe it will go with that tiara.
Oh, BTW, Dawn, how tall are you?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:18:54 PM  Show Profile
haha! Karen, thats funny. Ohi...wait....O hi O boasts beautiful lighthouses. We are coastal Lake Erie ya know.... we have a shipping industry.... ask Lora. I took her to the HArbor look at my blog!!!

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I've never been to Mardi Gras but did get to go to New Orleans when I was in college (over 30 years ago). It was beautiful. We did a tour of the houses during the day and hit Bourbon Street at night. It's so sad to think of all that history - gone.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Oh yea! I remember seeing the picture of Lora and the anchor on your blog, QMD. Aha! the missing link!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
No, really, how tall are you Dawn?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:21:16 PM  Show Profile
I am 5' 2" and full of it....obviously.

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  7:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
black gold? *innocently*

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: