Page: of 217

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  12:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Tina, I have been there with the tooth thing. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery and as little pain as possible. Hugs!
*shudder* I hate getting my teeth pulled, I've had several in the last few year. I'm glad that you had a good holiday.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  2:46:44 PM  Show Profile
yeah..I'm not looking forward to it, but at least the oral surgeons office will take a look at things on Wednesday and take exrays..I'm sure they'll see that the one needs to come out of my head asap. I hope they'll get me in quick as it isn't fun.
well gals..just wanted to let you know that the new magazine is on the site at (www.stliving.net)..hope you enjoy it. would love to know your feedback on this one.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  5:47:05 PM  Show Profile
My sympathy Tina - I had my wisdom teeth out a couple years ago, it wasn't too bad really.
Karen - my husband actually bought a "christmas sweater" this year - amazing!! He said he'd wear it too!!
Hope everyone is A-OK, Marcy - be careful driving in the snow, and Annika, sorry you missed Thanksgiving.
I'm mid-way through the prep for the cheese sale - all my cheese cutting muscles hurt
Talk to y'all soon
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  6:11:43 PM  Show Profile
HHELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO Mavens! Anyone here tonight? I just sent DH off to a meeting, so I get to chat for a while if anyone is out there.

Tina-I seen that you were asking for post cards from other states for your little one- I have your address, I just need a name and will get one sent out. I was told when I was 18 that I didn't have any wisdom teeth- HA! They were wrong. Hope you can get them taken care of real soon.

Marcy- it was nice to hear from you.

Just out of curiosity- what do each of you have for your ring tone on your cell phone? I had Bohemian Rhaposdy by Queen, but I just downloaded my new one the other day and it is the Peanuts theam song. I don't get as many startled looks when it rings now.

Lillian

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  6:16:14 PM  Show Profile
hi Lillian..thanks:0)
you can send it to Ian c/o Tina(then my last name of course) :0)
thanks so much.

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  6:26:33 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome, anything to help a child learn.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  6:38:55 PM  Show Profile
Well it looks like no one is here, so I'm off for the evening. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  7:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi, is anyone around? I'll check back in a few. Otherwise I hope that all of my sisters have a mavenly and happy evening.
BTW, did anyone who paid for the SSE membership get their November catalog? I'm wondering where mine is? guess I should check with SSE...

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  8:59:22 PM  Show Profile
Annika-I have a paid membership to SSE and was wondering the same thing?

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  9:40:11 PM  Show Profile
I will give them a few more days and then email them and see what gives? I have been looking forward to it for a while now and am like a little kid waiting for Christmas. How are you Lillian? I have been so busy with my landlords farm sitting that I have not been very social lately.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  04:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Annika

Hi, is anyone around? I'll check back in a few. Otherwise I hope that all of my sisters have a mavenly and happy evening.
BTW, did anyone who paid for the SSE membership get their November catalog? I'm wondering where mine is? guess I should check with SSE...

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Dec 02 2008 04:59:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  05:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I was wondering the same thing.
quote:
Originally posted by Contrary Wife

quote:

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  05:01:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Contrary Wife

quote:

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

I was wondering the very same thing.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  05:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Sorry Mavens for the triple post, brain not working, no tea yet, first day back to work at cafe. Sorry I've been MIA. Stuff goin' on. My son-in-laws mother died Sat night, so we have funeral things being planned. I'll get back to asap. Miss ya. Tina I hope you feel better soon, dental work is not fun. Hi Lillian and Annika.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  06:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Mavens Check out my post on Moyer and Pollan.. there is some awesome info there.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  06:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Happy Tuesday morning, mavens! Sorry I missed the chat last night. Robbie came home and wanted to go look at Christmas lights so, of course, I jumped at the chance. It's kind of our thing this time of year. We get a pizza and drive around subdivisions looking at other people's decorations. I'm not sure if we'll put anything out/up this year. We were going to skip the lights-on-the-house thing this year and just put up a little display with a spotlight on it at night. I'm not sure we'll even get that far but I saw some houses last night that did that and it was really pretty. Subtle but very Christmassy.

TS, give my condolences to your son-in-law. It's so hard to lose a parent. Was it expected?

Tina, so sorry to hear about your tooth problems. It's been a long time since I had a tooth pulled. Hope you don't have to go that route but whatever they decide will probably be for the best in the long run. Tooth pain is no fun. (What an understatement!)

Marcy, it's good to hear from you. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend - except for the long drive in the snow. What a wonderful surprise for your gramma to have all of you there.

Annika, that's for the get well wishes. I was back to "normal" yesterday and working around the house.

Today I'm going to be grocery shopping and doing a few errands. Even on a weekday, shopping at this time of year is no fun for me. Seems the stores are crowded all the time and the closer it gets to Christmas, the worse it gets.

Last week I tied my pumpkin bread baking in with my gardening. How, you ask? I saved the eggshells to use for starting seeds. After breaking the first couple it dawned on me that I'd read somewhere about using them to start seeds. When they're ready to transplant you just break up the shells and plant them too so the plants get the extra nourishment. I have almost a dozen already. Of course, Robbie just read in the J.I. Rodale book about starting seeds in trays and is thinking of going that route. We'll probably end up doing both just to see how it works. The book goes back to the library Friday unless I can renew again. I wish I could find a copy to buy. I don't know if the library would see theirs. Guess it couldn't hurt to ask. They also have one by J.I. on composting. Who knew little ol' DeSoto would have such gems?

Have a great day, my friends, and I'll check back in this afternoon.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  07:05:44 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone! Karen I love to drive around and look at christmas lights. I don't decorate outside so seeing everyone elses lights brings me much happiness.

TS- So sorry about the loss. Hope to see you back soon.

Today is errand day around town, and pick up a few groceries. Not much else going on. I might play in the greenhouse for a while. I picked a tomato for DH's sandwich on Sunday. This is the latest I have ever had FRESH tomatos, and yes it is an Heirloom plant.

I'll check back later-Lillian
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  10:43:41 AM  Show Profile
TS: I iron my waxy stuff with a brown paper bag not ironing in the same place on the bag twice. It removes it likkety-split.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen

http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
http://gyspycowgirlcreations.blogspot.com
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls: well computer is working for now...... slow but sure... The old gray mare ain't what she used to be!
Seems like I have a lot of gossip to catch up on.....
Tina.... kudo's on the mag this month....I LOVE the 'get rich quick' article. I am going to copy and save that and post on my frig..... love love love it. I am also going to check out the fresh air organization. I think I'd like to do that!
Hi everyone else! Corrine, everytime I read something from you my eyes well up.... what's up with that? Hubby says I'm too compassionate! I cry over everything lately!
Sounds like thanksgiving was a hit for everyone...except for the mince meat pie Marcy! I stayed home on black friday and decorated the house. It was sooooo good to finally have Audrey home. This is the first holiday that I've had with her in 3 years. I am left a little homesick for her now..... do I ever miss that kid. Her boyfriend of 2 years broke up with her the day before T-Day.....how shallow. She has a broken heart, but nothing that a little surprise of mine couldnt soothe. Since she moved all her friends here dont get to see her much, so I invited them over for a 'reunion'. They all had a good time and I hope this means that she will come home more often!
I went shopping yesterday.... I really wish that my family appreciated the fine art of homemade gifts. They dont. So I left home yesterday at 9:30am and shopped for 11 hours. Yep. ELEVEN. I got it all done in one shot....baking supplies included. I really do not want to leave the house again until February!
Who won the apron on the PLOWIN' Thru thread? If this dinosaur doesnt die on me I will have to go check.....
OH! I got rid of my GypsyCowgirl blog..... I have a hard enough time keeping up with ya'll and my own blog.....and now Tina's AWESOME ST Living forum..... omg..... tina dear...bravo. love love love it! Anyhoo, anything and everything (including pics of me and Lora's wknd is on the Harvest Blog..... take a looky when ya'll get time.
I miss you all....gonna make this one short so that I can puruse other threads! OH! I think I applied for like 90 badges this morning! Yay me!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen

http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
http://gyspycowgirlcreations.blogspot.com
"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  12:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon mavens!!
I just had to come here and say hello. I have been so busy with the holiday and everything else. We put up our Christmas tree on Friday and I had to work. Had family over for Thanksgiving and it was nice. It was only my in laws, my family won't come because they always go to my brothers. No matter what they won't come here. Oh well, their loss. We had a nice day and they usually expect us to go over to my brother's house after my in-laws leave. It is usually chaotic and crazy there and we decided to just stay home. I invite my parents but they don't want to come. My brother's is only down the street but they won't even stop by. Sorry, I just had to vent. Everyone in my family actually thinks that I am being unreasonable but I don't think so.
I miss all of you here. Today we deep cleaned and purged in my daughter's room. The recycle and garbage bins are overflowing.
I have my seeds picked out that I want to order from SSE. I am planning on getting a membership right after Christmas. I don't want to pick too many things. I want to try a little at a time and I don't have alot of room so we'll see what we can do.
Dawn~I am so glad to hear from you. Your thread from the other day was so sweet. My family doesn't appreciate the fine art of homemade gifts either. No matter what they are they always just think I am being cheap and not wanting to spend money.
It sounds like all of you have been very busy. Did everyone decorate for Christmas yet. We still have to put up our outdoor decorations.
Blessings,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  2:12:16 PM  Show Profile
hey gals,
thanks for the compliments in regards to the magazine.
(Paul(my hubby) created the STLiving site that Dawn mentions)
Have been busy today cleaning out my kitchen and packing away the non essentials..what a chore..and deciding on what to get rid of..looks like I'll have another garage sale, even though I vowed I wouldn't, but still enough stuff to warrant having yet another sale. oi! I must be a glutton for punishment.
Haven't even decorated for Christmas yet... going to have to do that real soon.
Hugs to you all.

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  2:26:32 PM  Show Profile
Tina your sons post card went out today.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  7:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Marcy!!!!!!! I got your Christmas card in the mail today! I love it!!!!!!!!!!! I won't spoil the surprise for anyone else but the goodie is adorable and inspiring. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mavens, I got home from shopping today and crashed. Robbie just brought me the mail and now I'm heading to bed.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  7:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Just checked in to see what everyone is doing - Tuesday night, have worked 4 days, long days, 4 to go, then time off....
so sleepy....
Nighty night
Amy Grace
I miss you all!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  11:48:34 PM  Show Profile
I've been going through the kitchen stuff today...and oh my..how can one person wind up with so many cookbooks?! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed going through them trying to decide which ones are "keepers" and which ones I can live without.
yes..a garage sale will be in the works..yet again..oh gracious.Probably about the time we get the sign up..we'll go ahead and have a big garage sale to clear out even more things.
(uggh..but ahh well..cest la vie)
-----------
about my teeth..I have a wisdom tooth that grew in totally sideways and has been a bother for many years simply because..well it is an odd weird tooth... didn't grow like it was supposed to after all..ha.
So I had not really had any problems with it even though it has had a cavity in it for oh gosh..a good 18 yrs..but all of the sudden about a day before Thanksgiving it decided to start aching.
Dull ache, but I figured it is best to go ahead and schedule to have all of the wisdom teeth out so that this rogue tooth does not get infected and cause even more problems.
So..tomorrow I go to the oral surgeon to get x rays and to find out when they can get me in for having them all removed.
yeah....yikes..but..on the plus side..I'll probably lose weight for that week that I'm a gauze mouth...ha..so that might be a good thing.
Not looking forward to it, but it really should have all been done a good 20 yrs ago on having those wisdom teeth removed.
Anyhow..that's the latest on that.
-----------
I've decided that I'm going to leave the 2 large raised garden beds in the back yard instead of removing them ...and will grow a few things in the raised beds... (as long as we are still at this house). I plan on going ahead and putting in some beans and things like that so that we can still enjoy fresh veggies even while trying to sell the house.(gardening starts here in mid February with things like potatoes and onion sets..around Valentine's day with the Full moon)
Because once we list the house..we don't know how long that will take.So I'll try to continue a little bit of normal activity while we are 'in transit".Plus I miss "playing in the dirt".
-----------
Hope you all are having a good week thus far.
-----
I'm up this evening far later than I should be..oi!
So..tah -tah for now..this princess is of to get her beauty sleep..ha.
-----------
have a great day!

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly