Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Bear5/Marly Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  11:28:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to all of the MJ farmgirls for their concerns and prayers. I am fine. My husband and I have been busy with the clean-up at our house, the business, and at the camp. Luck-Dog and the two inside cats; Zoe and Gracie, are settled down again to their normal ways of life. Brenda (Homespun Livin), in you, I have found a friend for life. How did all of the other Louisiana farmgirls do during the storm? I hope and pray all are well and fine. I can now say, without a doubt, this MaryJane farmgirl Connection, is, indeed, a caring and loving sisterhood.
I can't wait to start chatting and reading the postings again.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  1:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Great to hear your "voice" Marly and glad you're to the clean-up part although I'm sure it's no fun. Take care.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  2:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Awww shucks Marly! I was very worried about you. Everybody else had checked in except you. You will always be my friend too. :) I think Monica (Old Fashioned Girl) and I were about ready to hit the trails in search of you. We are soooo happy to have you back!! ((( HUGS TO YOU )))

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Welcome home, we missed you and thought about you alot, sorry about the cleanup, but so glad you are safe...continuing to pray about the coming storms...be safe...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  2:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
We are so glad you are safe Marly!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  2:13:54 PM  Show Profile
Alright....what did I miss? What happened????

Dawn M. Sista #279 (big grin!)
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
http://gypsycowgirlcreations.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  6:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Dawn,
Marly has been MIA (missing in action). When hurricane Gustav came ashore, Marly and her hubby loaded up the critters and left in their travel trailer to safer grounds. After it was all over, everybody checked back in to say they made it through safe and sound. Everybody that is...except Marly!! We were all worried if she was okay or not.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  6:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yay Marly! I am so glad to see you back safe and sound!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  8:16:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jami, Brenda, Debbie, Amanda, Alee: It is so nice to be back at the MJ Farm Connection Site. I haven't had much time to chat and read postings. I'll get a little caught up tonight. I'll look and see what's going on.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  9:12:37 PM  Show Profile
Marly,Next time there is a storm I am going to give you my # and you call a.s.a.p.!!!!! I am so glad to hear from you! Do you know there are 26 campgrounds around Lafayette!!! Next time tell us which one you are going to!!! I am so glad you are safe and well! I was such a huge relief when Brenda e-mailed me saying she had heard from you! Please stay safe!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  9:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Monica:
Brenda emailed me and mentioned how she and you were both so concerned. I am really sorry if I caused you any grief. Hurricanes make me wild. I had no idea there were that many campgrounds around Lafayette. Brenda did give me her number. I gave her my number. Now, if I'm missing, she'll know how to contact me. Or, if she's missing, I'll know how to contact her. LOL Thank you for caring and the concern. Running from hurricanes is second nature to me, as I'm sure others on the coast feel the same way. It's always a last minute decision to stay or to leave. When the sheriff's department drives up in the driveway, well, it's time to go. Monica, you are a true farmgirl and it's nice to be able to call you a true friend.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  05:23:13 AM  Show Profile
Holy Cow! Marly, geesh! I am soooooo glad you are okay. I hope Gustav washed that gater away!!! Wow. I had no idea..... I am so glad you & yours are safe!

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  05:24:13 AM  Show Profile
OH! Brenda, thank you for letting me know!

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  07:49:13 AM  Show Profile
Marly, from your description (hurricanes make me wild) I just can see you blowing off in the wind like a "dorothy" figure with your little dog too! Fortunately, you're flying away in a home away from home though and not free-falling.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  09:10:07 AM  Show Profile
Marly, No need to apologize!!! We were all just concerned and the best I could do from Arizona is call around! We are all so glad you are safe and if I ever get the chance to meet you I am going to give you a big hug and yes you truly are my friend!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dawn:
I wish Hurricane Gustav's winds would have washed the alligators away, but nope, didn't happen. LOL As my dh and I were racking the yard and picking up tree limbs, the alligators (2) were watching us. Dh had to get the shotgun while we worked. LOL I'm only seeing three, at the most, alligators in the lake.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Whew!!!! SO GLAD you are alright...I wasn't posting but kept 'looking" for you or news of you on the boards! Thank Goodness that you and your entire family are alright. Sorry you have to clean-up but if it makes you feel any better...I didn't have a hurricane but my house looks like I did! Love ya!!!!!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Jonni:
That's funny! If you've ever been in a hurricane it is sort of like the Dorothy thing. LOL We did not take the camper. We had it hooked up and ready to go and head to north Louisiana, but after lots of thinking, we decided to go to our camp. When we got to the camp, the sheriff's department came by and said they were evacuating that area. Oh, well... About ten minutes later, my sister who lives by herself called us at the camp begging to come to Lafayette and stay with her. My main question to her was could I bring Luck Dog and my two inside cats. She was scared enough, so she said yes. LOL My husband isn't the best travel trailer driver. ROFL
We once had an RV that we called Godzilla. Not because it looked like Godzilla, but because of the way my dh drove the thing. Every time we'd go to our favorite camp site, up highway 13, the man would take-out (demolish) at least four mailboxes. It got to the point when people on highway 13 saw Godzilla coming, they'd run out by their mailboxes with their arms on their hips. My dh just said if they didn't put the mailboxes so close to the road he might not hit them. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Monica:
I hope, one day, we can all meet each other. Maybe next year we'll all get together and have a hurricane party! Thanks, again, for your concern.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Lorij:
Which direction are you 10 minutes from Lafayette. Our camp is in Butte LaRose. Are you around there? Let me know. Are you getting concerned or worried about this up coming hurricane Ike. I deliberately did not watch the weather until this afternoon. Now, I am getting that wild feeling again. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  11:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Sandra:
Funny. My DH asks when am I going to get around to cleaning the inside of the house. Well, let this hurricane season finish, which is sometimes in Novemenber. I think Nov. 1st. LOL Why clean it now, after Hurricane Ike it'll be just as bad!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  8:36:12 PM  Show Profile
ROFLOL!!!!! I am in stitiches Marly!! Just got a picture in my mind of Godzilla and your hubby taking out all of the mailboxes!! LOL!!! Thank you for the laugh. That is too funny. Hey, I am all for a hurricane party!!

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  08:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Marly, you have certainly not lost your sense of humor! Had me laughing hard this morning with the Godzilla story and your housecleaning stuff.

Now on alligators in the back yard---whoa...that is something I've never experienced. Bet you don't raise free range chickens huh?

Stay safe.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Bear5/Marly Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page