Author Reading Room: Previous Topic THE HANDFUL ISSUE - FALL 2004 Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  08:33:43 AM  Show Profile

Hello Girls, and Sarah and Carol from the farm and magazine. I am truly enjoying this new issue. So much color. I think your photography work is excellent!!!! How do we nominate you for an award in the magazine world?

I do have a question: On pages 36 and 37 the irises are featured in a beautiful full page photo, but there isn't a notation about them. Is this the new Sweet Lena variety or a combination of the irises that are grown at the farm? Do Sweet Lena's come in a variety of colors?

Also on page 37 there is the photo of Mary Jane photographing these flowers. The red or hot pink robe she is wearing looks very reminiscent to the styles that were popular in the 40's and 50's. My mom just gave me a whole batch of patterns and I think this style robe is among them. I may have to try it out! We should all look so elegant in our robes!

Kudos to everyone who made this issue happen. Excellent work all around. It is appreciated.

Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural

Edited by - Clare on Aug 17 2004 08:41:56 AM

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  12:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Clare,
How fun to receive your input! I heard this morning that we've had at least two sightings of the Handful issue in stores, one in Tennessee and one in Texas.

Answering your questions: The bouquet on pages 36 & 37 is just a random sampling of irises from MaryJane's garden. In spring, this place is full of blooming irises everywhere. They are MaryJane's favorite flower.

Her pink robe is one she picked up at her favorite Antiques store in Moscow for $6. I showed her your post, and she said "Tell her I would LOVE to get my hands on that pattern -- we can work out a trade or something!"

Thanks again for the kind words on the magazine. So much effort goes into each one, but it's so worth it when we finally see it in print!

Sarah (sourjayne)

No artificial sweeteners added.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2004 :  2:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Well, since the issues turning up on stands are in the south (Tennessee and Texas), that may mean a trip to Borders this evening to see if Florida, too, has the new magazine out yet! Cannot remember when my subscription is finished, but I don't mind having two issues! I share with my daughter.

In any case, I know I have a treat in store! Can't wait to see the irises and the robe....love comfy robes.

Thanks, Clare for the heads up.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2004 :  07:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone!

I just received my Handful issue and it looks great so far!

Julie
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2004 :  1:56:20 PM  Show Profile
Hooray! I had a present in my mailbox today! The new issue came to my door, and I was amazed at how excited I was walking up the drive to the house!

This new issue of MaryJanesFarm is not only a Handful, but also a heartful and a soulful gathering of beauty and common sense. What better combination could there be? It is exactly why we all love farm life - it is full of beauty and common sense all at the same time.

Thank you, MaryJane and staff - you are providing a great conduit of joy and knowledge to those of us lucky enough to have discovered you!

Oh, and MaryJane, Miss 4th Street - I grew up on a 4th Street! That photo really made me smile.

jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic THE HANDFUL ISSUE - FALL 2004 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page