jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2005 :  5:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Every year at this time, I bring some herbs indoors and alwaysfall for plants for sale at the super market! So far, I have the place loaded with marjoram, a bay tree, rosemary, oxalis, weeping fig, devil's walking stick, jade, brain cactus and african violets. I manage to keep them all going during the winter months and put them out in the spring where they flourish all summer and then i bring them in again in the fall.
But m question is this: is there a name for the malady of buying even more plants every fall, even though there is barely room for the ones that must squeeze in the house to winter over? I just came back from a sale, loaded with orchids, christmas cactus and of all things...a venus fly trap! help!
Does any one out there have the same problem and what in the world do you do about it. Something comes over me and i absolutely cannot resist those plants!! I mean, it is so bad that if i had to choose between food and more plants i think the plants might just win out! Jenny Louise

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2005 :  6:27:37 PM  Show Profile
Jenny Louise-Hi! Oh girl you have got it bad! I have this when it comes to bedding plants and perrenials especially! Growing up I never met a houseplant I didn't like and my Father used to refer to my room as "The Conservatory"! They just kept dividing and multiplying so they were over running me like yours are. Have a "Potting Party" and share the wealth with some of your plant loving friends!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  7:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, a potting party is a great idea. I had a little health food store in town for a few years and we had a plant share every spring, where folks could bring in root divisions. I should do a smaller version and have an in-home party with some friends. Thanks for the idea...and by the way has anyone had a healthy venus fly trap survive? I have done pretty well so far, but I have only had this one for about a month. I did find a great link to a guy that gives advice on them, and all carniverous plants. Pretty cool. Jenny Louise
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic indoor gardens Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page