Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Checking in...just for a minute...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Checking in...just for a minute... Next Topic
Page: of 2

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  3:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Hello Heather, tough going no doubt, but I so respect you for starting over without all that toxic behavior, you and Charlie and Scott will be so much healthier for it.I am happy for you and the Y, just what one needs to work off stress and Charlie will have fun as well. Glad you checked in, it hasn't been right here without you and I hope you will keep talking to your family here, the girls are so caring and they love you so... Will be praying for decisions to come for your place to live and well, never give up,never...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2886 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2886 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  4:42:00 PM  Show Profile
Good to hear from you Heather, Hani in there sweetie, you are a tough girl & will come through this a better person. Kiss that Charlie for me!
\___/ Hook Em!
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  5:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hey, birthday (farm)girl! Congratulations on a new year and a new life! I'm so sorry you had to make that decision but YOUR family is Scott and Charlie. I was so glad to see your post. I've been wondering how you were doing; felt so bad that you had to take your leave for awhile; feel so happy that you're back.

Like Alee, there was a time in my past when I had panic attacks and was in my own "Great Depression." Having been there I can tell you (1) the only way out is through (there are no shortcuts or detours - you have to deal with the issues) and (2) life on the other side is better than anything you could have even imagined. And I can honestly say I'm grateful for the experience because it's made me the person I am today and given me a compassion for others that I wouldn't have otherwise. I pray it will do the same for you.

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  5:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Heather I'm so sorry for all your headache and heartache with you family issues. I ope the best for you and your family. Praying for your hubby to come home safe and sound and really soon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you and Charlie are painting the town RED!! by the way love the song!!

Melanie

~blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  6:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone. I do appreciate it. Charlie and I went and got some hot wings and fries with the neighbors and then indulged in ice cream and tiny cupcakes. Yep...back to the gym tomorrow!! HA!!!

I had about a week and 1/2 before school started when this all went down. I spent 2 days at home just sleeping, praying, thinking and trying to grasp life. I sent Charlie off to daycare and just took really good care of myself. That is when I joined the Y and I got A LOT of sun...a little burnt but feel fantastic. Then I got a haircut, put on some makeup and a pink shirt and I felt better. It was such clarity that I felt. I wanted to stop the sick feeling I would get when family would call and I would talk through gritted teeth. I also shoot straight from the hip and I don't hold back from telling people how my life is. I no longer make excuses for my family and if people around me can't understand that, then that is their problem. Most who don't understand have a great relationship with their families and cannot see my point of view and honestly, I was tired of trying to explain it.

I know just say I can't explain and I don't want to but don't pressure me to make nice, you don't know the 15 year history and cannot sit in judgement of me.

Thanks for your understanding and (((HUGS)))... I love ya farmgals!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  7:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Heather, you have made wise choices. If your family causes you nothing but anguish and makes you feel like you are going to have a true melt down, then you only have one choice, stay away from them. These are there problems honey, not yours. You can do nothing for them, they can't be "fixed"and don't want to change.But you can make your life your own and live by your own rules nobody elses. A very wise Dr. once told me, if someone or something bothers you and makes you feel bad about yourself or a nervous wreck, stay away from them or it. Life is too short to waste time and energy on toxic negative people. Believe in yourself, be happy and live your own life honey, you deserve it.Go forward now and don't look back. I am so glad you came on to fill us in. I truly miss your posts.

Hugs, Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Checking in...just for a minute... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page