Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:37:49 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone put up a small holiday tree for other seasons?

After seeing a friend's hallway table tree decorated for every season, I thought would give it a go last year with a Fall / Halloween tree. A black "feather tree" picked up on discount was used as the base.

Added from inexpensive finds or crafting were mini trick or treat wooden bags with wire handles, assorted candies tied on with ribbon, little spooks made from Tootsie Roll Pops and fabric, tiny masks, and a topper bow of ribbon in Fall colors streaming.

The candies and spook pops were there for the taking.

At the round, wooden base were stacks of the tiny pumpkins.

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
Farm Girl #300

Kansas to Massachusetts

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4178 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4178 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:54:52 AM  Show Profile
I have one of those small pine trees in my dining all year around. I have clear lights on it and usually have old fishing lures hanging on it. I do change it for seasonal decorations though. Flags, leaves, halloween, easter, etc. I enjoy plugging in the lights all year around, as we walk through the dining room to get to the kitchen.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  10:54:18 AM  Show Profile
Linda:
That's a great idea. A Halloween tree with black & orange bows with cats sitting at the base. I think I'll do that.
I loved your ideas.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  11:41:12 AM  Show Profile
We have a seasonal tree as well which is a branch that sits on our mantle. I use mini ornaments etc. This year I want to put up a big tree for halloween and can't figure out what to use... and 4 foot Christmas tree or a 4 foot branch.

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  5:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Your year round holiday tree sounds adorable Michele. It brings a smile to my face just picturing it. Have fun decorating your new feather tree for Halloween Linda.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  04:06:32 AM  Show Profile
I love a halloween tree. I cut a 6 to 7 ft branch every year and bring it in the house about a week before halloween. I put it in a water jug and then decorate it with lights and creepy things. On halloween night i carry it outside and sat on the porch.It will stay pliable for the week and i stay right with it when the lights are turned on.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  08:44:07 AM  Show Profile
I've got a couple Halloween trees I put up. You can find them at Hobby Lobby and sometimes Joann's, along with ornaments with Halloween theme. I'd keep them up year 'round, like the rest of my Halloween/Samhain decor, but the kitties are too interested in stealing the ornaments~LOL

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

Daisydu
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Becky
Rock Hill South Carolina
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  09:37:18 AM  Show Profile
My husband and son bought a 3' fiber optic tree for me for Christmas a few years ago. I decided since it was a gift, I would make it my holiday tree. It stays out year round and is decorated for the seasons and holidays. I have small Halloween, Easter and Christmas ornaments to hang on it. In the spring and summer it has butterflies. Snowflakes for winter. My son always helps me decorate it.

Loving a simple life in the country!
www.twistedfencepost.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Fall / Halloween Tree Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page