Author Family Matters: Previous Topic First Day of school Next Topic  

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Today is the first day of school here in MD. I was just wondering if everyone else has sent the kiddos off to school today.

To me - the first day os school always feels like I should start getting ready for Fall! I know it's still summer, but it makes me happy to know that Fall is just around the corner!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  07:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Tammy,
MY high schooler starts tomorrow and my middle schooler starts next week. I am never ready for school to start as I always tend to feel like I turn my family time over to the school system and it makes me a little cranky....you know? Anyway, we have the shool shopping about done and all the supplies etc. And first day will come and go even if I am crabby :)

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  07:46:57 AM  Show Profile
My two go back next Tuesday. Went clothes shopping yesterday and will finish up this weekend coming. We are, thankfully, almost done. I sure am gonna miss them. You get so used to having them around and then...
My two boys are almost fifteen (he'll be fifteen next month- (YIKES) and thirteen. I don't even want to think about when they get any older!!

Farmgirl #170

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  08:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Me too. Caiti starts high school today and Mimi is still in middle school. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls with all my heart, but I look forward to being able to get projects finished now that they aren't underfoot. It's tough to keep things together when you have a gaggle of teenage girls in and out. Plus, autumn is my favourite season. It's kinda like my yearly "nesting" time, getting things ready for the winter and holidays.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  08:56:22 AM  Show Profile
My oldest started last Tuesday (Aug 19), but I still have my younger one home with me for another year. School around here seems to start earlier and earlier. This year, they even decided to add an extra 10 minutes to the end of the school day!

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:01:53 AM  Show Profile
We started today also. I'm kinda sad that the summer is coming to a close, but I love this time of year - life seems to slow considerably.
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:08:40 AM  Show Profile
I love having the kiddos home, but yes we also love the back to school. They were so excited and had trouble sleeping. But we got up early, breakfast, fed animals etc and they got their 30 min. early to hang out with friends! They love school. I miss having them at home though. I ca'nt wait to hear how the first day back went.

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Heart of TX chapter
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:21:56 AM  Show Profile
It's September 3rd for us. Steph will be a freshman - Mama is having major anxiety about sending her chick to a high school with 2000 kids! I think this feels worse than when she started kindergarten.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  12:25:28 PM  Show Profile
My College age daughter started today. My high school daughter started last Wed, Aug 20.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  5:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Here where we are in North Creek NY school starts Sept. 3rd, I also "go back" to school that day too (college)
Laura

http://cottagekids-laura.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  06:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I admit that I miss my little ones when they go back to school, but I do enjoy time to get my house organized and cleaned after a summer full of kids running in and out! I think Jenn is so right. Things do start to slow down a little in Fall. Everything gets cooler and the bugs go away...YAY! I love sitting out on the porch with the hubby and feeling the cool air and watching the kids play after school.

This year I go back to work. I applied to be a substitute teacher and I've gotten accpeted. So, by October, I'll be working again. I have mixed feeling about it, but we need the money. Plus, I'll be at my kids' school working, so that's a plus for me!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  1:15:19 PM  Show Profile
We homeschool,through a charter, and started the 25th too. Day two and all is well!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic First Day of school Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page