vintagetag
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Linda
Cheyenne WY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  10:05:07 AM  Show Profile
We have a Canadian cold front moving through. Yesterday we got 5.68 inches of rain - it started sometime in the early morning and it is still raining today. Unusual weather for us but can't complain. We have had watering restrictions for the past four years - so all of this moisture is more than welcome. Along with the rain, we got unseasonably cool temps. Yesterday, we only got up to 48 and today we are at 50. It is kinda of funny becuase by Tuesday we are supposed to be back up in to the low 80's.

I was soooo tempted to start my fall decorating yesterday. I had a "indulge me" day instead. I ran to the library and got a bunch of crafting books to look through - plus, since I don't have cable, rented a movie - actually a BBC series called Foley's War. Got home and put on some dry clothes - made a big bowl of popcorn - and sat and watched my movie and looked through my books. I'm thinking Christmas all ready and wanted to see if I could find any new ideas to add to my decorations.

Today, since I don't "spring clean" (I'm all ready out working in the yard) I'm starting on my "fall cleaning". The kitchen is getting a good cleaning - cabinets getting sorted through and a good scrub down. I also am using this time to see what I need to add to my winter pantry - I like to stock-up and be prepared even thou winter is months away yet.

Everyone enjoy their week-end - rain or shine!

Linda
Cheyenne, WY
USA

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  8:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Linda:
I'm ready to decorate for the Fall, too! I can't wait. How soon do you decorate for Halloween? I always seems to start too late. I absolutely love Christmas and all the holidays and decoration stuff. The winter pantry stocking-up is always something I said about living up north. I mean if I lived up north that's what I'd do. I don't think I could ever drive in all that snow. LOL
Hopefully, for us, decoration mode won't be too far away!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

vintagetag
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Linda
Cheyenne WY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  07:59:49 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
Halloween decorating usually starts with the 1st of October - with Thanksgiving shortly after. I all ways start Christmas decorating on the 5th of December as this is my dads birthday and for me has become the traditional day to start.

Driving in the snow really isn't that bad once you get use to it. We don't get snow like those in Minnesota, thou.

Linda
Cheyenne, WY
USA
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Rain, Rain, and more Rain Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page