Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 what's behind your 'screen name' on the forum?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic what's behind your 'screen name' on the forum? Next Topic
Page: of 4

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:55:40 AM  Show Profile
About 20 minutes south of Chadron, Nebraska, there's a farm. That farm had been in our family for over 100 years. It was homesteaded by my great-great-great-grandparents. My grandmother was born there, and we used to go visit my great-uncle there twice a year every year when I was growing up. Long story short, my great-uncle made the decision (a very wise, but also extremely difficult and heartbreaking decision) to sell the farm a couple of years ago. We were talking one day about how some people name their farms and about our family's cattle brand. I decided that had it been up to me, I would have named the farm "Summerstead" since people used to refer to it as the Summers' homestead. So, even though the farm was in our family for over 100 years without a name, we now refer to it as Summerstead. And, since I came up with the name, I get to use it for whatever I want!

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com

Edited by - Summerstead on Aug 25 2008 09:58:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  10:43:24 AM  Show Profile
My given name is Jessica Mary, but my nickname has always been Jessie Mae. The only time anyone calls me Jessica is when I am in trouble!
Go to Top of Page

gramax18
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Elinor
meeker Colorado
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  9:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I have 18 grandchildren and an unnone number of great-grandchildren so far so that is how I came up with gramax18. So far I have 9 greats and 2 on the way. What a blessing all of my family has been to me. I thank the Lord for all of them.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  10:45:08 AM  Show Profile
Wow!What a blessing Elinor! That is wonderful. what a legacy to have:)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  10:46:13 AM  Show Profile
Jessie Mae--I hear ya girl!! lol
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:38:30 AM  Show Profile
I chose mine because my favorite all time song is "Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills and Nash

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

gentlewoman farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Judy
Bakersfield Ca
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  12:06:20 PM  Show Profile
I took mine as a take-off of Gentleman Farmer. Thats what my husband called himself when we lived on 8 1\2 acres and our farming was mostly chopping tumbleweeds. He worked in town. We had gardens, animals, children and tumbleweeds. We lived in our "house" while we built it. When I moved in I was 19 yrs old, the house was framed, no siding, windows, heater or cooler. No roof, when it rained I got wet. I how live on 1/4 acre, and at 67ys old, it keeps me busy.

Be good to yourself and be good to this earth.
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  1:04:35 PM  Show Profile
For the first 20 years we lived on our little slice of heaven everyone around us was toxic. In the way they lived and their lovelessness for their possessions and for their land. Thankfully in the past 10 years, those toxic neighbors are leaving and being replaced with "Tree Huggers", Herbalists and Back to the Land types....which is thrilling me to no end! But those first 20 years, I always said that the birds and bugs and wildlife around here knew a harmonious farm to come to...tada!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  1:16:57 PM  Show Profile
I am milkmaid because I milk two very spoiled sweet cows!!

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #542

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Ooops...guess I should of been paying attention since I also posted a topic regarding the same thing...

What fun to know!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

idsweetie72
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Sandra
New Meadows idaho
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  06:50:00 AM  Show Profile
idsweetie- because I live in Idaho and have been called a sweetie, 72 because that's the year I was born!

Mazy Day Farm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic what's behind your 'screen name' on the forum? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page