Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 what's behind your 'screen name' on the forum?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic what's behind your 'screen name' on the forum? Next Topic
Page: of 4

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  9:58:15 PM  Show Profile
i'm CabinCreek-Kentucky .. cuz' that's what our place was named when we moved here ... we've since changed it .. but i have so many posts under this name that i haven't changed it. i think when i hit 1,000 posts .. i'll change it to FreedomValleyFarm-Kentucky!

how did you come about choosing your screen name?

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  10:30:07 PM  Show Profile
Well...my username is lacisne88...my last name is Swan..."la cisne" means "the swan" in spanish. I am majoring in Spanish at my university. The 88 is the year I was born...1988! That's it!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  11:20:47 PM  Show Profile
I am Dutch, born and living in the Netherlands. Hence my screenname Dutchy :)

"As you become secure in God's love, you will discover that you need not surrender to the opinions and judgments of others. GOD IS FOR YOU!" ~
Unknown

http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  12:48:04 AM  Show Profile
Well, when I don't sleep (like tonight) I read...except tonight, but maybe later...or is that earlier????
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  04:03:42 AM  Show Profile
82 part of my address KY cuz thats where I live and gal cuz thats me.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  04:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
melanie cause that's my name and 47601 is my zip code

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  04:34:28 AM  Show Profile
We have a house that has few trees around it (unfortunately) and I'm trying to like this new space. But when it's late, I like to go outside and look at the stars. It's very dark out here and they are so beautiful! -- hence, StarMeadow...
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  05:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Living Well is from Matthew 25:21 "Well, done, good and faithful servant" - because that's what I want to hear from God at the end of my life
4 is from Mark 12:30 "...love the Lord your God with (1) all your heart , (2) all your soul, (3) all your mind and (4) all your strength"
You is for God, my family, my friends, my farmgirls(!), any one whose life I touch.

God bless -
Karen

Farmgirl Sister #??? (to be filled in after I get my badge)
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  06:27:06 AM  Show Profile
We have always loved the mountains. Lived in the flatlands most of our life except for 3 1/2 years in Vancouver BC. So when Jim got to take and early retirement and we got to move anywhere we want we moved out West to the mountains. My son asked what my screen name was once and I said Mountain girl--his response)jokingly) was Mom you ain't no girl : ) I said he wasn't too old to spank : ) JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  06:39:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm Simplyflowers! It's a name I picked when I first became a memeber of the "farmyard"!

I wish I could farm fruits and veggies fresh in my own garden...however....I live in a subdivided neighborhood in Stafford, VA..Under the devine power of the Home Owners Association!! Ugh...

So...All I can have in my gardens are simply flowers!!! Hence the name... ;)
Mostly beautiful hostas, orange lilies, white lilies, impatients of all colors, tulips, some other annuals that are pink and I don't know the name of...etc.etc.

One day, maybe I'll have my organic garden of goodies..but not until I put a fence up aroung it to hide the tilled up ground that HOA wouldn't like. Until then, I have my pretty flowers...

Have a great Monday friends!!!

Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  06:44:58 AM  Show Profile
Back when Taco Bell had the comercials with the little dog and he said "Here Leezard, Leezard" I was doing theatre and we'd eat at Taco Bell sometimes after rehearsal. Well, my name is Liz and the friend I carpooled with just started calling me Leezard and it stuck, even though that was close to 10 years ago the name is still being used.

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  06:55:34 AM  Show Profile
Well mine is cause I live in Georgia via Ga Girl.

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  07:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I love everything that is Wizard of Oz...and a couple of years ago, author Gregory Maguire penned the novel "Wicked"--the "other" side of the story. It centers on Elphaba (L. Frank Baum..WoOz author, get it??) who is the Wicked Witch. A totally enjoyable read!! Her nickname is Elphie, and I can relate to her. 0503 is the month and date of my bday! So, there ya go!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  07:21:01 AM  Show Profile
I chose doglady because I've raised Miniature Schnauzers for 29 years. Many people call me the "female version of the dog whisperer" because I help a lot of folks with their dog problems. My website is Kennel Creations because I create (breed puppies, write articles, and make some dog products).

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  07:27:18 AM  Show Profile
My name is Belle. My life is gardening, cooking, putting up food for winter. Peppers seem to go with my name, so Bellepepper. I really prefer the jalapeno, cayenne and habanero but didn't want to give any one the wrong idea by calling myself "Hot pepper"
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  07:39:03 AM  Show Profile
That's hilarious about the "Hot Pepper!" LOL

Jamie :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  08:16:25 AM  Show Profile
Our last name is Brewer, and with 7 of us, there's quite a crew whenever we go somewhere!

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  09:32:19 AM  Show Profile
Nuttin Honey! LOL!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  09:42:47 AM  Show Profile
I am a "mom" to a Cairn Terrier.

"Let us greet with a song of hope each day"
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  09:53:14 AM  Show Profile
I would have gone with hot pepper too. Mine came from the the grand babies calling me. Gramadinah /Diana I wish I could have come up with a better one but am proud to have the girls give me a name.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  10:07:45 AM  Show Profile
Lainey is my nickname. My parents have called me that since I was little.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  10:20:05 AM  Show Profile
My maiden name is Hebert, pronounced A-Bear. I'm the fifth of six Hebert's. Bear5.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  1:00:04 PM  Show Profile
Sweetproserpina is the name I use all over the net. Usually it's not taken, so that's why I stick to it!

When I came up with the name (5 years ago?) I was taking classical lit in uni. Proserpine(a) is the roman version of the greek Persephone, goddess of the spring (among other things). And sweet - well I try to be :)

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  1:06:55 PM  Show Profile
OK, there's not much thought behind my screen name. Little did I know when I signed up that I'd stick around so long, so I just threw a name up there. Wanted to be Katie, but that was taken. So I added the '-ell' for my last name, which begins with L. So I'm katie-ell and it is kinda stupid, but too late, little missy! Can't change it now!

At least I like my blog name.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

PrincessFunnyHaHa
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

LeeAnn
Salt Lake City Utah
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  1:16:39 PM  Show Profile
This is my first post! My screen name is PrincessFunnyHaHa. I have 3 brothers, no sisters, and my dad always called me Princess. My friends have told me for years I should do stand-up. I just lost my dad to colon cancer, and the last thing he said to me was Princess. Therefore, I am PrincessFunnyHaHa.

Humor is mankind's greatest blessing.
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  3:17:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello PRincess. Sorry to hear about your dad. I've always thought Princess was such a special name. Glad you're here! Anyway, my nickname is mommom. I'm a mommom to two of the sweetest little boys and I'm very proud of it! Susan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic what's behind your 'screen name' on the forum? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page