Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 MY ATTIC ADVENTURE AND A NEW BOOK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MY ATTIC ADVENTURE AND A NEW BOOK Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  11:24:08 AM  Show Profile
Its only very hot and humid today so why not go up in the attic and clean and sort? Anyway thats what I did and I put a pretty good dent in it. Alot of it I didn't take pictures of because who wants to see rows of old tonka trucks, fisher price toys, clothes and winter coats etc? But I took several pictures, ITS A VERY BIG ATTIC.Did I MENTION HOT!!! So I feel like I got a lot done today. Also went to the post office and mailed out a few farm girl things, and took lots of books to the Library. It was a very heavy bag of books, next time I will try and park closer to the door. I'm OK nOW.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  11:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Nancy Jo! Your attic is amazing!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  11:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Looks like you did a great job, Nancy! So, wanna come help me clean out my cellar? :)

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  12:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
On the days when I over dose on coffee I would love to come help.

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  12:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo I have three long attics want to come help me, I am so glad they have doors on them

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  12:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma,
I would love to see whats in your attic.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  1:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Oh, my, Nancy Jo. It's TOO HOT to be up in an attic. I hope you had a nice pitcher of iced tea or something cold to drink. Did you turn on a fan?

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  2:10:38 PM  Show Profile
I wish I had an attic. It would be so useful...and fun! When I was little I always wanted an attic so I could go up and play in it. There is a very nostalgic feeling with attics for me.

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  3:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Nancy jo. you definitely need to sit down in a cool spot and read a little of your new book. I like her books too. It looks like you got a lot accomplished. I'm actually feeling pretty good today so I'm taking it easy, I don't want to push my luck. My daughter and i took a ride to get a little something for the next mini apron adventure, and we got a little lost on the way home (I consider looking at maps cheating) but it was a charming road, loaded with farms and beautiful yards and huge willow trees and vegetable stands. So that was a treat. The sun was out and everything, now it is clouding up and getting very humid...
I'm impressed that you ventured into your attic, I wish I had one, I do have a huge barn, but that is not the same. It was nice to look at all your shelves stocked with treasure.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  4:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh...WOW...what a neat attic!!!! And what treasures! I didn't logon today...I was trying to be good and get some stuff done and I did! But still not enough in my book. I can't seem to stay on one project very long so I guess I like variety in tasks sooo...I cleaned 2 shelves in the garage (hot), watered, weeded and trimmed outside (very hot) and then came in and stripped wallpaper off one wall in the guest bathroom, then I took a bath, did laundry, cleaned up the house etc. I still need to make out bills but I'm pretty tired now. Oh...and I took a hike with the dog early this morning for about 2 miles....no wonder I'm tired! I LOVE Sandra Dallas....I think...I'm going to try my knitting skills now of which I have NONE...another adventure!
I used to have an attic years ago and they are wonderful! I have a basement but they can get damp and musty...an attic is pure heaven! Well...maybe not in the heat. Good job girlfriend!
P.S. I took before (or in progress) pics of the bathroom so I will post them soon and then post pics as I get it done....maybe that will keep me motivated!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  5:55:52 PM  Show Profile
well honey-chile .. your attic is a LOT more organized than my SCHOOLHOUSE!!!

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  7:35:44 PM  Show Profile
Do you allow anyone to go up there to shop?!!!!! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  9:02:15 PM  Show Profile
Good idea Susan. LOL MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  06:17:01 AM  Show Profile
If the postage rates weren't as high as buying a new car I would be more then happy to send out some of these things.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  06:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I commend you!! My attic needs cleaning also but too hot for me. Mine is an adventure ever time I get into it. Its been pack for 2 years and some of the box 12 years. When I can't go shopping I head for the attic. Like you Miss Wilma I'm glad it has a door and every time DH thinks he needs to get something out of it I gladly offer to get it for him.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  11:20:41 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, it looks like if we went thrifting together, we would get into a cat fight - we seem to love the same kinds of things! You'd have to take one half of the store and I'd have to stay on the other!!! LOL!!! Grace (katmom) has a couple shelves like that in her basement - it is like going into a wonderland! So far I've been able to keep my pretties to a few curio cabinets and shelves, but I think I am needing a new cabinet...or I should take the cue from you and pack some away and "rotate" them. Maybe some day I'll get that organized. Anyhow, YOU'RE NUTZ for doing that on a hot and humid day, but I thank you for sharing the pictures. Take it easy today! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  12:01:04 PM  Show Profile
Last night, or rather this morning, at around 4 a.m. I was looking at your attic pictures and suddenly remembered I could click on them to enjoy them even more. I had been trying to figure out the doll on your basket. Very sweet. I really enjoyed viewing all your goodies, and I eventually tipped over around 6 this morning.
It is cold, rainy and kind of wretched here today, my knees and shoulders are com;laining bitterly so now that I have my errands done, I'm going to go lie down and read an old favorite book by arthus Upfield and see if I can't get a couple of fur hot packs to settle on the right sppots to soothe my bones. Those cats have to do something to earn their keep...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MY ATTIC ADVENTURE AND A NEW BOOK Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page