Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Here's the scoop... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  09:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, so I THOUGHT we were done with the military, Scott has 5 months left and we were D-O-N-E..well things have radically changed and I am actually quite ok with it.

After going back and forth as best we could by email, I think we are going to opt to do 4 more years. After all the pros and cons, I think with the immediate job market, election, craziness going on, we found staying in is our best option. I won't go into details of it all because there is a lot we considered but what this does mean is a move (again) and possibly one to Virginia.

I am adventerous and have been online all day looking for place to live, schools, hospitals, food, daycare, etc...and well..this might be happening.

I was so thrown off because we had planned on TEXAS for SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long and what we were going to do and now it has ALL changed but we will be ok.... Texas will always be home and as long as we are together, we will be fine.

I know that may not seem life altering to many of you, but to us this is HUGE HUGER BIGGEST!!!!

I will keep you posted as I find out more.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  09:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Hang in there, Heather, although it seems scary it will also be exciting! Keep us posted!
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
hi Heather, are you kidding, life altering is an understatement!!! I am glad that you are moving forward positively today...i am in awe that you can be the forerunner for the move and not be intimidated by it...you have courage. i wish you the best and i hope your new place will bloom for you until you get to Texas, just don't miss the bouquets along the way. thank you for being the woman behind the man who serves to keep us safe, that is such an important and difficult place. thank your husband for being willing to serve...Debbie

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all
Emily Dickenson
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  09:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Heather-

I know how much you were looking forward to having Hubby home. Will he be deploying much during that 4 years? Or will he get to stay home more? It sounds like this could be really good for your family!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  09:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Heather.....would you be living on Base Housing? That really might help in adjusting to a new place. Usually lots of Kids would be around for Charlie to play with and friends are easy to make on Base and it could certainly help in the financial end. Also, I have seen some absolutely amazing transformations done on Base Houses! Lovely interior designs can be accomplished. Base Houses can be made to look very charming and cozy!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  09:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hi again...
There is ALWAYS the possibility of deployment...that is the way of the military...so we try to enjoy each day that we can.

Probably will try to find a place to live, depends. We can save our housing allowance if we can find what we want out on town but I have the skills to fix up any place.

As far as moving or going somewhere new, this is OLD COWGIRL hat for me...done it MANY times...I actually get a high off of new places and prospects.

It just took me a minute to wrap my head around ANOTHER STATE move and I am ok now...life is meant to be lived and we will be ok...

(((HUGS)))

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  10:04:59 AM  Show Profile
Heather I hope it all works out for you! I really admire those in the military and ESPECIALLY their spouses!

If you do move to Virginia there are a bunch of girls from there here on the forum. Plus my mom lives in Virginia too! Good luck!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  2:34:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! You definitely sound very optimistic about all of this. That is a very good attribute to have. I know I would be having a really hard time with it. Hang in there and if you need anything, just drop me a line. Have a great day!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  2:36:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot to add that my boyfriend of 3 + years just told me last week that he is going to go into the military. I am so scared and I don't know what to do myself. I know our situations are different but I really do feel for you!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  4:47:13 PM  Show Profile
heather! this may be that window I talked about, closing door opening window, remember? You might even be able to find that plot of land or farm you have been looking for. And job wise there might be on right there for you! I am praying, just keep up updated. hugs

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  6:00:02 PM  Show Profile
heather .. virginia is quite beautiful .. we never do know what is waiting for us around the corner! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  8:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Heather you have always been our little gypsy girl, loving to travel around. This will be a new adventure for you and your family. If I know you, you will have a wonderful time in Virginia. It really is so pretty there. No matter where you are you will have us, we are just a click away!

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  08:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Whoo hoo ... come to Virginia, Heather! I'm several hours from Va. Beach area so I can't help you with local suppliers/vendors, but it will be great to have more Virginia farmgirls around!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  09:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Heather , My oldest son was stationed in Virginia for he latest AT training. He LOVED IT!!!!!! He said it was the nicest place yet, wonderful weather (he was there during the winter, much better then Wisconsin winter), close to wonderful site seeing, the people where very nice down to earth. He just Loved it. Not to hot, not to cool. He would like very much to move back but since he's looking into special forces it will be either Kentucky (my vote) or Washington. Thank you and your hubby for supporting our military. Moving is hard but I think you will love the weather and all of Virgina.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  12:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone!! I am excited to see what is coming down the road...we shall see. I lived in VA beach for a short time and thought it was beautiful. We have moving down to a science now. Just the whole SHOCK that things are changing so much... (((HUGS)))

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Here's the scoop... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page