Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed... Next Topic
Page: of 10

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  11:02:38 PM  Show Profile
I am sure we will Kathy,
Sharon sending you email....

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  08:44:07 AM  Show Profile
Sharon I just saw your Post! Sent you my addy!

Sorry Girls I've been M.I.A.!

Been busy working.. alternating Migraines with all the tropical depressions/hurricanes.. they all seem to be missing us luckily.. but come close enough to cause a low pressure system wich will throw me into a Migraine quicker then anything.. that & food.. smells.. stress.. loss of sleep.. sleeping too much.. travel.. change in habit.. ok.. well Life Gives me Migraines.. ok! dang it!
But.. we work around that don't we!
Anyway.. with my shift at work I am on four 10 hour days.. so I am working from 10am til 8:30 pm.. Sort of ruins the day don't it? BUT .. it DOES allow me a TEENY bit of time in the mornings for a few quik errands.. like post office & stuff like that.. not enough really to get into a big project or anything.. just enough to make a mess really..
ANYWAY!!
The Sewing room floor is FINISHED!!
Did I already tell you all this? I'm experiencing De ja Vue here all of a sudden!
Hmmm.. Maybe It's because I've slept since then.... Not sure..
But!! My Faux Wood Planked floor is NOW comeplete.. or is as much as it's going to be anyway! I think i told you i really Gypsy-ized it & refused to actually remove some of the furniture from that room.. wel.. actually.. i've decided that alot of that furniture had now become stationary.. & was not moving ANYWHERE! So.. the loaded down book cases & tables & shelves stayed exactly where they were most happy! & I cut the carpet up around those pieces of furniture! So.. the fancy paint Job was done 'with in'
those areas.. ok.. now take your hand.. & place it under your jaw.. 7 close your mouths.. it looks Fine! so there!

So..THAT Project Complete.. I Have moved on to another room..
Yes.. the Gemini in me insists on constant change!
The Cloths Dryer had become possessed.. & had taken on some screaming demon every time it was in the on position.. until it finally threw some crazy bearing or something! So.. Butch Baby has finally fixed it..!
Whew!~ what a Major feat THIS proved to be..
But in the process.. He had made a few phone calls To inquire with friends in the business about the possible purchase of a new dryer..
Nothing for any kind of deal.. & well.. you all pretty much know my sweetie.. if he can't get a deal.. he'll wait.. which means I'll soon be doing my laundry down by the river with sticks & stones..
HOWEVER!!!!!
One Buddy mentioned a COMMERCIAL Washer that he had for a fantastic deal! Butch said 'We'll take it!" Since our old one sounded like it was full of gravel everytime it went through a spin cycle.. it was just a matter of time before this sucker went out too!
He tells me about this fantastic deal Via My Phone text..
What I come Home to was a TRUE COMMERCIAL WASHING MACHINE..
I'm Talking Change Slot & All Girls!
Now.. I'm not sure how much it was actually intending on 'Charging' me
to do my laundry in my own home.. But by the time I got there..
Butch had removed the change slot.. & was instructing me on the
'very simple & safe way I'm supposed to slip my hand inside this metal box & turn this lever to start the wash cycle' !!! "Using causing to NOT to touch those Wires dangling there with a wet hand.. although their grounded out anyway of course!" I Swear to god the man is trying to kill me!

I DO have a sparkeling new washer now though..AND a Dryer that has been excercized so no longer Screams when on..

So, what was I supposed to do? But to Run out & Buy new paint of course!
Yes.. i painted the Laundry Room friday evening & finsihed that up Saturday.. Loved the results so much.. I carried it on into two walss into the Kitchen..
Not to frett though Sisters that Puked up pinkish orangish yellowy textured wall by the Mini Tree stayed just as it was!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  08:51:49 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhh!!
& Speaking Oh Mini's!!!!

Kelly!!Yours arrived yesterday!!!
SO PERFECT!!
Girls! Kelly has a knack of personalizing EACH & EVERY one of her Mini's!
No two are ever the same! yet Each one is a TRUE Birthday Mini!
Each one is cuter then the last!
Those sweet little Pink ones i was looking at & thinking.. now THESE are cute.. Not a Birthday print on them.. yet.. they DO look Birthday..
Then i REALLY looked closely at them.. & they have the TEENIEST of TEENIEST little Birthday candles I have ever seen in my entire Life!
HOW Darn SWEET!
They ALL have SOMETHING Birthday On them I think!
So cute Kelly! Great Job Little Girl!

Ok Babies.. I bet we get some more arrivals this week then.. huh?

We should probably start talking about the NEXT Mini's!
Although Halloween is My Most Absolute FAVORITE Holiday!
I JUST don't see us making that dead line!
So.. What do you all think?
I WAS Supposed to be Polka Dots.. Carol Sue's Pick..
I suggested a Christmas Polka Dot theme.. see how creative we could get with that.. but she said she'd rather wait.. & have the Polkies be a theme all on their own.. so.. what do you all want to do.. remember.. we need to give ourselves plenty of time..
Thanksgiving? Winter? Christmas?
You name it Girls.. Lets hear some idea's...

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Edited by - Kathie on Sep 16 2008 08:52:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  11:14:19 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, So glad the minis arrived, I did try to make them as birthday as I could with what I could find, I have to say the St. Jude fabric saved the day! Any way glad you liked them, I am up for Fall minis, there is sooooo much fabric out there, if we had them finished by Nov. 1st or so that would give us time for the winter/Christmas, then as a pick me up from the winter blues we can do polka dots. I would hate to miss the holidays, when there is so much out there to create with. Just an idea. Ya'll get busy now ya hear!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  4:49:12 PM  Show Profile
What? No Halloweeners? I'm sure I could have them in by Christmas....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  9:45:41 PM  Show Profile
LOL, with the holidays coming we don't want to get to close trying to do them all, life can start getting crazy for a bit,
have we done Harvest ones yet....like for Thanksgiving......I don't think we have.....whacha think.....

Kathie, thank you for my bedtime stories, I needed them girl......

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  11:20:26 PM  Show Profile
here i am ...guess what..my minis are done....now to get em in before they are late....anyway you all will crack up when you see them....you know how I got a new serger in april for my bday? Well I have been scared out of my wits bythe darned thing, but no more!!!! I just sat here with my daughter the last coupla nights, and sewed both of our sets of minis with the serger, no scissors involved, started with a few yards of fabric, serge, baby serge, we have teh most hilarious minis we have made yet, all by serger with cutters going! hahaha! these r totally crackin me up..i was scared of this machine, can u believe it, ha..not again, 3 more stitches on it to learn and then I can really stir things up!!! glad to be back and glad you are all swell! cheers.

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  10:14:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kathie, I think I forgot to put my name on my minis, Can you stick them on if I mail em to ya? I knew there was a reason I was waiting to mail them. Let me know and Iwill get them in the mail before they go back out.

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  7:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh no, Jess beat me out.....I better really get in gear......
Jess, I am so glad to see you.....serge away girl....

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  08:13:54 AM  Show Profile
really, these minis are hysterical..my learn this stitch project!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  10:57:15 AM  Show Profile
Sure Kelly send them on.. I'll attach them for you.. we have plenty of time yet!

OK MAIL CALL

KATHY's Minis Arrived Wednesday!!!

Girls! Pretty In Pink!
ALL you Birthday Princess' are just going to LOVE these! So SWEET!!
All adorned with teentsy crowns too!

Love these! Such a great job Kath!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  11:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
My request for the next one is Christmas! Not everyone last year did Christmas minis and I imagine those of us who did could still use more!!!
Christmas again...pleeezeee? Whatever ya decided I'll do tho.
Linda

One day at a time by the grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  11:21:54 AM  Show Profile
that is good with me..christmas polka dots!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  12:51:48 PM  Show Profile
I like the Christmas Polka Dot Idea too.. when Carol Sue said Polka dots.. I had al sorts of sunny little visions swimming around! Think about it CS.. I know you really want your Polkie Dot thing to be just so.. So you make the call on this one Sweet Pea.. Could be a Fun Quirky Christmas idea!! You deside thou.. ok..

NO Pressure.. REALLY!!

Girls sorry if I've been away too much.. I know I have been too.. feel as if I've been neglecting all my wee Babes here.. I have been feeling just not quite up to snuff lately i think.. tired too.. working lots of hours.. & having way to many computer issues.. REALLY aggrevating me! Home computer still out of commission.. This lap top has a mind of it's own & acts like it's ancient!.. i swear it belonged to Moses..
some times it works.. sometimes it doesn't.. & I never really know whether something goes through or not.. i hate it!
& work is getting to be impossible to get on line lately..
Seems as if they are actually expecting us to work or something!
what a pain in the rear!!!!

I miss you all to pieces though!

Love ya Girls!

Jess.. How you feeling sweetie.. Your one my mind all the time lately you know..
Love you little Girl..

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  1:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Im good. Went shoppin at the thrift for a few hours this morning, decided I should not do that for that long again, but found some awesome stuff! How bout u babe?

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  1:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I love polka dots! What about polka dot theme and that could include Xmas polka dot but not required...just any sort of polka dot....????

One day at a time by the grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:00:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm so ill tonight Girlies.. This is day 2 of a very sick tummy for me..

I've decided that Butch must be Poisoning me..
I'm sitting here now with an ice pack on my belly.. It's on fire..
Karin suggested boiled milk.. I can't stand ice cold milk.. If I had to drink warm milk even I know I would just hurl ..

ok.. I have to confess.. It was yesterdays breakfast Bacon.. Not Butch.. unless he slipped the Arsenic in the skillet while I was cooking..

Ugh.. I feel Like I have an Alien inside my gut..

Yes.. i know how exciting this is to hear..

Hope everyones had a Lovely weekend!!!!

Get those Mini's In Babies!!

So.. whats the Call for the next round then?

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Edited by - Kathie on Sep 22 2008 06:01:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:06:40 PM  Show Profile
ugh...so sorry kathie, hope tomorrow brings a better tummy day!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
poor Kathie...feel better soon!

farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Sep 21 2008 5:07:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  12:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, I want you to know I am working on my mini birthday aprons. I will keep you posted. I really want to have these to you, but my mail date I am heading for is Sept 29th. I will do my best to get them out before that, but I have treatment tomorrow and a class on Thursday. (A friend convinced me to take a wallhanging quilt class. I got the applique done in time for Thursday now, our last class.) Plus, a friend is coming in on Friday night. Is this going to be OK with you? You will probably have them by Oct 3rd.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  4:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Clare,
that will be fun, no worries with this group girl. She just gave us incentive for getting closer to on time....lol

Ok girls, call me a poop, I just want polka dots for polka dots, you want to do a Christmas add polka dots if you want and then do a just plain polka dot theme.....did that make sense.

We had a mini apron party here with dd, Audrina and Audrey and myself. Audrey is Audrina's mom and they have been doing together. We finished them all yesterday and they are in the mail today. I think without those girls help, I would be in big fat trouble. I so needed that time together.

Spent the weekend at the hospital with my niece, finely gettin back to a wee bit of normal. She has Fibro and now has to deal with all that goes along with it. She was in big fat trouble!!!!!! So Auntie, ie Mama at times walked her through some of it. She has a long road to go....

So tell me what you think. We can never ever ever have enough Christmas minis.....

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  8:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I hope everyone is ready for a FIESTA!! because my mini are now going to have PINATAS on them! Who doesn't love a Pinata at their birthday party!!

I hope that pattern is okay because it was the closest I could find in ALL of Billings, MT!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Sep 23 2008 8:39:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  05:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue, wow, sure pray that your neice feels better soon.
It also sounds like you could use a rest-up.

Kathie: I'm going to enjoy the next minis whatever is decided we use as a theme.

My Danny boy is mumbling...having trouble talking from this med now...I tried to tell his new Dr. that this would happen, and now it is. D boy is on one regular med and trying different ones to add to it. They are mood stabalizers. Say some prayers for this and also wish us luck! He has done good at school for a full 2 weeks! So that's good.

My minis are in the envelope with address written on it...does that count for something? (it's been that way for a long time LOL)

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Yes! I live in the Scranton "The Office" is based on! LOL LOL
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  05:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Kathie! I got your stomach bug! yuk
up all night with pains and running to bathroom. I had to sleep all day the next day. Still feeling a little yucky..but better than yesterday. I am afraid to eat or drink my regular morning coffee.
I don't know how you could have sent this all the way but I sure got it.
Be careful everyone else...this is a mightly powerful bug!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Yes! I live in the Scranton "The Office" is based on! LOL LOL
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  4:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Just peeking in to see what mischief you ladies are up toooo!
I have had so much going on and have not been able to play over here in mini apron land, but I hope you will post the B-day mini's,,,I need to 'steal' some clever ideas.hee hee hee!
My last company ( I Hope) has left and it looks like no more house guests till maybe Turkey day! So now I have a little time to go play!
Miss ya all,,,,Jess, Kathie, behave!!! wink wink!
hugz
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page