Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed... Next Topic
Page: of 10

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  12:24:32 PM  Show Profile
Lordy Lordy Lordy!

Where are all them Birthday Mini's Girls?

I reckon no one wants a set of my crappy Pot Holder's huh?

Hmmmmm.. well One Little Lady is garenteed a set!
Don't know about the rest of you slackers!!

ok.. I'm kidding..
Just trying to set a fire under neath your sewing machines!

Incase your new.. & maybe NOT familiar with what an awful mess i can be..
I'm a Big kidder.. & will rib you to know end..
I can take it too.. Although BONNE thinks otherwise!!!!
I usually pick on myself more then anyone..
Poor baby Carol Sue.. I haven't told you a bedtime story in the Longest time.. have I sweetie..
I'm sorry..
Lets see.. let me think on it.. & i'll see what I can come up with...
But.. don't slow down on those Mini's waiting on ME!!

MINE are Finished Girls!! As Well as the APRON! AND 5 Sets of Pot Holder's to boot! So you all better get it in gear!!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  3:50:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the "pep" talk :O) My goal is to have them done by the end of this week, I am done with the sewing and have...here's a little hint...painting left to do...hmmm??? These have been a lot of fun for me to make. I really do want a set of your crappy potholders, those are the only kind I use. LOL! :O) Seriously though, thanks for the little nudge, I'm the type that needs to be nudged (I tend to procrastinate). :O)

Hugs,

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  3:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Your Awesome!!!

Glad you got my humor..
Ya just never know with new girls how they will take things!!!

Can't WAIT to see your Painted Masterpieces~
I think we may have had a couple painted before..One in the Western Swap.
I can't recall another one.. but seems as if someone may have done it before! I LOVE seeing everyone's experimenting with all the different
crafting mediums! Makes them all so Unique..!

Take care kiddo.. Hoping all is well there for you & yours Bren..

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  4:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Kathie, I need my bedtime story, I feel deprived. You would be proud of me, I am working on my mini waistbands have one more thing to put on after that and they will be done. Keep cheering me on cause I want the potholders!!!!!seriously want them!!!!!!!

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  4:21:36 PM  Show Profile
Then get your BUTT in gear CS!!!

Cause I have a Nifty set JUST for you Girlie!

Ca-rack! There.. that was the whip snapping!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  4:35:50 PM  Show Profile
(Doing happy dance).... oh yea.. I get some crappy potholders! I get some crappy potholders! oh yea... (breaking out into running man) Can't wait!!! Can't wait!!!

It's the simple things that make me happy
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  5:31:55 PM  Show Profile
RUNNING??

Oh god.. Slow down woman.. your wearing me out already! Running?
Honestly.. i can't remember running...
i know it's moving your legs fast..
But jeeezzz.. I think the friction My chubby legs would make could cause a fire if there were any dead leaves or anything nearby..!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  10:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, I miss placed your address, will you email it to me? Mine are finally FINISHED!!!!! These took a bit longer as I had a very hard time finding fabric, as you know I like to make mine all different, any way they came out cute.

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  3:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Mine are finished! ready to ship!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  3:39:22 PM  Show Profile
Crack indeed you funny woman, tell the dang mini aprons fairies to show up at my house and dang quick!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  3:45:49 PM  Show Profile
Kelly,
sent you an email with the addy.....

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  3:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Kathie,
Yes I am a scatter brain...Send me you mailing address again please.......

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  3:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Mine will be in the mail in the morning! Thanks Carol Sue!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  5:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Look! Everyone all coming together all of a sudden!
I'm so proud of all you Sweet Little Birthday Mini Babies!

& for those of you still sitting there Staring at your machines waiting for an inspirational slap..
I'll have you know that AGAIN!!!! My MINI's are Finished.. my APRON is Finished..(Although admitedly.. I ain't all that thrilled with the Apron strings.. but since i am NOT a perfectionist.. ) Once & first try is enough for me.. & Yes.. it's STILL freaking adorable! BOTH Sides!!!
FIVE COMPLETE Sets of Pot holders are STILL finished!!
Friday I painted my sewing room floor White..
THIS after having ripping up the carpeting & pad & painting it Pink two weekends earlier.. & THEN later Friday I DREW with Black Charcoal Faux Lines & a wood grain to give the appearance on my plywood floor to now LOOK like wood planks that have been painted white! THEN I painted the floor TWICE.. TWO Coats.. count em.. 2 coats of polyeurothen to seal this floor so now when a Varment DOES get the urge to sneak in MY sewing room to relieve them selves! They will be sadly dissapointed that there will no longer be any carpet to destroy.. But a REALLY tightly sealed up floor that i can just wipe away any reminder that they MAY have been there!
this of course is after i jerk a Knot in their tail & nail them up by their toes!
Saturday.. Butch baby decided I was lazy or something.. He wanted us to hike our old butts up on the roof to PRESSURE WASH the house!
After of course we trimmed all the trees! I was certain one or both of us were going to fall & break something.. & at our age.. i have decided that it has to be a hip now.. right? Isn't that what we most fear now?
Not a leg or an arm or your neck..(Last year I already broke my wrist & then my ankle on two seperate occasions.. remember..stepping in the whole.. & the great Winnie the Pooh Bike riding adventure took care of my arm..) So now.. Since Butch has become a NOT so willing member of AARP
I suppose it's Hips we need to worry about.. The problem with this is.. WHY is it HE gets Older.. & I keep hurtuing myself?
& yes.. I even factor in my Clutz ratio.. It still just doesn not balance out properly.. not to MY caculations anyway!

Oh well so back to MY lazy relaxing weekend..
So Bright & early Saturday Morning Ma & Pa Kettle Hike their old butts up on the roof.. I don't think we could have made any more noise..
It was hot.. We were sweaty.. It was icky.. & I was NOT happy..
think i was still .. ok.. maybe not even STILL maybe more like.. BEGINING to get sore from just layering on THREE coats of paint with a single paint brush the day before!!!!
So we whack away at trees.. Butch is never careful.. I swaer he tries to knock me off the roof ladies.. that.. of he just enjoys hearing me scream.. THEN tries to act all bent out of shape when I dive on my stomach from pure mortification at the thought of falling from the roof top
He acts all bewildered.. 'whats wrong with you.. Your not going to fall.. Your no where near the edge.. that branch was no where near you.. I wasn't going to hit you.. it missed you by 5 feet!" As he continually sails limbs branches & chuncks of trees past my head.. As I am still gingerly slowly.. timidly straining & reaching for a thin branch so i can try to cut it.. A huge log goes sailing past my head narrowly missing me & almost knocking me off the roof by two inches!
(Yes he's load of fun.. try sitting on the back of a 4 wheeler or jet ski.. or snow mobile.. or motorcycle..)
ok.. I'll stopp.. but here's a quik example..
Did anyone take Lamaze class? Rememeber that 1st class.. when the instructor is explaining how important Trust is to your Partner..?
& She has you laying flat on the floor & your supposed to have complete trust in your partner.. your coach.. your husband.. your PERSON HWO IS GOING TO BE WITH YOU TO BE THERE FOR YOU TO RELY ON FOR EVERYTHING THROUGH THE BIRTH OF YOUR BABY!!!
& so you are laying there with your eyes closed.. the room is quiet.. off in the other room is some quiet music... there are other couples in the room.. everyone is talking quietly.. sweetly.. trusting.. as HE lifts your arm.. & your legs.. one at a time.. your suppose to just trust him completely.. give up everything.. becuase you KNOW your partner has you! right? WRONG!! He DROPS ME!!!
THERE WENT OUT TRUST!
Me & The REST of THE SWEET TRUSTING HIPPIES WERE ALL ABOUT IT!
But MY SWEET GEAR HEAD HUSBAND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUNNY TO DROP ME!
So.. He thinks these things are just too funny to pass up!
& can't let them go past with out the opportunity to make to jump or balk or skip! I do believe he thinks this is his lot in life.. Still 31 years later.. He HAS to make me jump!
So.. FINALLY the trees are trimmed.. He gets to pressure wash the roof.. thankfully i don't have to do anything up there with him except had him his stupid hose!
This he does on his own.. & he seems to be a happy camper doing it..
He is content to freak out the cats at they walk down below periodically.. til they figure out to stay away from him..
& once I cleared all of the branches away from the house that we cut.. HE finally stopped trying to pressure wash crap into my hair from the roof.. 'Opps my bad..My Butt!' I think i know how good he can aim that stupid thing by now! Afterall.. Wasn't I the one that lined up those soda cans for him a few hours earlier??? lest he forget!
I got to go work on putting things back in the sewing room then while he played on the roof.. I just listened for a tumbeling old man now & then.. But he seemd to be doing relatively well!
so..
Trees Trimmed Pressure washing done..
Saturday nite Relaxing We plan on Sunday up & at it bright & early to paint/seal the roof & we are good to go.. right?
Um.. Wrong
5:30am Sunday morning I woke up with a Migraine from hell!
So.. Guess who had to paint the roof all by his lonesome!~
It was a bad one too.. puking & everything!
Not sure where this one came from.. could have been my over doing it.. could have been too much sun from the day before.. could have been my letting myself get too tired.. too little sleep.. the noise from the pressure washer.. my own painting.. who knows.. But i was DONE.. & I had to turn my dance card in! I was in bed ALLlll Day Long!
Girls i tell ya it was a bad one.. I took EVERYTHING.. even the Stadol..
& you know how i hate that!.. I melted right into the matress after that!
But.. finaly let up by about 5 or 6.. thankfully it was just a one day event.. Could have drug out for a couple days.. those are usually more my speed.. So for what ever reason.. I was grateful!

& regardless.. I did seem ton get quite a Bit accopolished.. although i still have alot of work to do in the sewing room yet..
I can at least get in there & work now.. i feel like i've been in limbo with that dumb Yard sale before!

Well Carol Sure.. I reckon that could sufice as a Bed time Story..
Don't ya think?

Nite Girls!

Love ya Lots!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  6:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Kathie, I love your bedtime stories...so funny, I can almost see you there but I think I'd be standing on the ground laughing at ya. You both have more nerve than I do. 20 years ago I would be there but not now.
I'm 58 1/2 years old...age sure makes a difference. I can't even walk a straight line on the ground! Often I use a walking cane to keep from weaving around like a drunk. ya got to do what ya got to do (why are all the people I see old wrinkled and white haired that use a cane too???) I keep looking and just don't see a sexy young lady using a cane to walk... Sometimes I miss feeling sexy and attractive and other times I just stay in denial....I tell myself I am thin and young anyway...the darn mirror lies anyway...does yours lie?? LOL
nite nite.
luv ya, Linda

One Day at a time.
By the Grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  7:20:21 PM  Show Profile
kathie/girls, I've been off the chatroom for over a month with moving into ourr new home, and have missed it so! Too late for this mini swap but & will be ready for next one (how about a harvest theme?) - I *finally* finished unpacking and setting up my sweing room this afternoon, yay!

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  7:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I looked and looked and could not find a suitable Birthday themed fabric, so I got some variegated fabric that made me think of party colors and I guess I will be embroidering "Happy Birthday" on each!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  9:46:33 PM  Show Profile
omg Kathie, you think you could manage to find a slow moving relaxing weekend!? and yes it's a good nighttime story. :0) And I was just hoping you had started your week off "out of pain"...I know you do and I sure wish the migraines could be solved and put a stop to altogether.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Crochet, Sewing, Life Collections & Recollections Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com Vintage & Modern Fabric, Fiber & Yarn Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~Go Shopping at my Website Catalog!!
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  12:15:04 AM  Show Profile
i am so bad and so darn slow i have lost my minis in the disaster zone called my house, oh and i havent posted in forever either. some time i will read this whole topic but not today. off to bed i go and yeah i have been like a chicken with its head chopped off and cant remember anything lately, shall we blame it on baby brain lol

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  02:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Miss Kathie for my lovely bedtime story. Now didn't we agree no migraines for a bit, no overdoing to cause them. Ooppps that was my promise. Dear lavender girl doesn't have baby brain, she got my dumb migraine I swear and she gets to go the doc tomorrow......doesn't that just sound like fun.....NOT
What minis are we suppose to be working on those....nuts I am in trouble again......

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  03:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Mine are in an envelope and the address is written on the outside. yippee to me! But Not to the PO yet...

Kathie,
I have a special surprise for you in the package....something that NOBODY else on this forum could send to ya....only can come from me......hint.....it's not handmade though, it's for another reason.....have an idea yet????
no more hints....!

One Day at a time.
By the Grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  10:47:33 PM  Show Profile
oh jeez i really need to get my butt in gear i am so slow this time. i found the minis but just dont feel inspired to work on them. doesnt help that i have sick kiddos and am getting no sleep. i will kick myself in the bum and get a move on it. when is that deadline again? no wait i dont want to know

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  6:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies! I am working on these today! I got them all cut out and am sewing them up tonight. Hurray!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  3:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Just back from my trip. I'll get the rest finished soon...really! I need the address to send them, please!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  2:02:57 PM  Show Profile
Kathie,
My aprons really went out in the mail today.
They have been hanging out in my back seat now for a week.
I hope you all like them.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page