napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  4:55:12 PM  Show Profile
i usually have a glass of red wine with dinner..once in a while, a cocktail sounds really good. i recently wrote a blog story about the beverage punt e mes because most people have never heard of it..check it out at www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com and please comment regarding your favorite cocktail..please comment here and on the blog...
best!

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.com

please visit my blog
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

farmgirl sister #179

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  5:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I like rum drinks. Someone once made me a drink with Pineapple Rum and Sprite and lots of ice. Very refreshing. I also a good margarita. Tried new one called a Bananarita. YUM!!! I usually have a cocktail now and then, when we are out and about and DH drives home. Usually just special occasions. I mostly live the pretty bar ware.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Jul 27 2008 5:01:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  6:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
The other night I was drinking a glass of my favorite wine, Frutezia Tropical Blend. OK really cheap wine from Wal-Mart. But anyways it was giving me a major hot flash and I had only drank half a glass. I had made the kiddos a pitcher of Fruit Punch Kool-aid. I wondered... poured some kool-aid into my glass to top it off. My very own redneck cocktail. But it was really good. Went down easy and no more hot flashes.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  6:22:16 PM  Show Profile
I love a really good gin & tonic--Hendricks Gin (infused with cucumber and rosehips instead of juniper) and I also love French 75's in the summer. It's from around the 1930's or so, and is a vamped up champagne cocktail that fizzes :) Yum!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  6:38:51 PM  Show Profile
I'm a straight whiskey girl myself, usually BV, but my favorite is Crown. I have worked as a bartender and have made some pretty interesting drinks though.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

msjocee
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Josie
Canyon Country CA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  7:36:57 PM  Show Profile
I love a good Mojito myselef or a Captain in coke!

Mom to wild boys: Miah(10), and Jakie(6)

"Everything is Possible for They who believe."
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  9:57:19 PM  Show Profile
oh gurlfren .. the strongest 'cocktail' i drink usually consists of bunches of fruit all squished up in the blender! i do believe i would be dancin' on the tables with anything stronger.

i know that red wine is good for your heart. i jus' can't get it past my nose!

gonna' go check out your: punt e mes story! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  06:15:31 AM  Show Profile
I can count the number of cocktails I have a year on one hand and still have most of my fingers left..LOL! But in the wintertime I sure love hot cocoa with a splash of peppermint schnapps...too yummy!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  08:23:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh Diana, that sounds delicious! I will have to try it. I usually go for a glass of blush wine...
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  09:58:18 AM  Show Profile
What's wrong with dancing on tables? :) Farmgirl style, frilly boots. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  09:58:44 AM  Show Profile
o.k. this is fun..i love hearing about your cocktails of choice..either the common ones..or..especially the really different/interesting ones..ms lilly..what are some of the "interesting" ones?

best,
napafarmhouse1885

please visit my blog

farmgirl sister #179

Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:23:54 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone tried a Seabreeze? It is vodka and ruby red grapefruit juice with crushed ice. So good they will sneak up on you if you know what I mean! I like gin/tonic,vodka martini,bourbon and branch.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I love a traditional Amaretto Sour; but my favorite drink is called a Hummingbird. It's a mix of Light Rum, strawberries, chocolate liquer, bananas and ice. Blend until frothy, and serve in a tall, chilled glass. Topped with whip cream and toasted coconut....YUMM-O! I love the islands!!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:50:57 AM  Show Profile
I like bourbon and ginger ale with a slice of lemon, also pomegranate juice with a little triple sec and a slice of lime. I'm a pretty cheap drunk, so I don't drink that much. In the summer I like to have a nice Mexican beer with supper once in a while. Very refreshing...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  11:41:05 AM  Show Profile
Seabreezes are great! We use a little cranberry juice in as well, maybe if using ruby red grapefruit juice the cranberry is not necessary. Have you ever had a Baybreeze? Same thing, just use pineapple juice instead of grapefruit juice.
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  1:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Diane-I couldn't even name all of the weird drinks that I have made. Lets see here there is the Snow Shoe- Yukon Jack on the rocks with splash of peppermint schnapps. How about a Screeming Banana- Banana Liquer, pinapple juice and orange juice. I always giggled when someone would order a Slippery Nipple- Buttershots and Baileys. This one sounds and looks really gross but is is really good, Duck Fart- Layer in a shot glass, Kahlua, Vodka and Crown Royale.

Like I said I could go on forever but I have chores to get done......Enjoy.

Lililan
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  8:17:11 PM  Show Profile
o.k...lilian wins for the wildest sounding drink names...keep em coming farmgirls...

best,
napafarmhouse1885

please visit my blog

farmgirl sister #179

Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  11:44:04 PM  Show Profile
My favorite drink is Sex on the Beach (without the sand of course! LOL!) There are some CRAZY names for drinks out there. Some of which I would not repeat the names of HERE! Who names them ANYWAY?

The Hummingbird sure sounds good and so do some of the others. I'll have to write them down so that the next time I go out with friends (or sisters!) I can try one or two. Though it seems I have one drink a year. In March! This past March I had a Strawberry Daqueri at dinner (only drank a quarter of it, the room started to sway and people started talking funny!) and before THAT was LAST MARCH at my cousins Wedding. I had LOTS of drinks there, but they must have been watered down because I didn't even get a buzz-- and I'm a total lightweight in the boozin' department.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  9:30:44 PM  Show Profile
This time of year it's gin & tonic---with really good gin or Mojitos. The perfect summertime drink.

Winter time---give me some a good single malt scotch, anytime. But two of anything is my limit.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic cocktails? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page