Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How Do You Display/Store Your Mailart?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How Do You Display/Store Your Mailart? Next Topic  

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  4:05:19 PM  Show Profile
Just curious on how you all are displaying your mailart treasures? Are you framing, shadowboxing, keeping in a special receptical or basket? I fixed up an old wine box that I keep my mailart stuff in! I'll post a pic of it when I get my blog up and running.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  4:36:59 PM  Show Profile
MeadowLark, I got the idea from our forum---I am going to buy a bulletin board and try to cover it, then make a collage with the mail art. I am going to hang it in my computer room because that is where I spend time doing a couple of home computer jobs that I have. That way as I work or read the forums I can look up and "see" all of you.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  9:45:41 PM  Show Profile
I have mine in a wooden box I bought for that purpose. It gives me such pleasure to open it and look at the treasures inside. Except for yours, Meadowlark, which is too big to fit. That's going on my sewing room wall so I can look up and there you'll be.

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  06:43:43 AM  Show Profile
When I move into my new apartment, I'm going to get a pretty bulletin board and display mine as well.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  10:59:34 AM  Show Profile
Good question, meadowlark! For now my 4 are posted on my bullentin board in my work/play room, but I've designated a scrapbook for them to go in when time allows.

We have to keep this going tho'..once you've sent one to everyone on the list, we have to start over right?!?!?

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund

Edited by - The Handmaiden on Oct 23 2005 11:00:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  11:30:57 AM  Show Profile
That is what I am gong to do and remember, we have a new list that is being prepared as we speak....I wonder, will we ever complete it ? I hope we keep growing and growing and have the fun we have had.
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  1:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Mine are stuck on the fridge with my kids alphabet letters.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  09:41:16 AM  Show Profile
I have all mine in a square kindd of a lime green colored box. And a piece of Susan Dalhem's soap that she sent making the box smell great.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  1:31:42 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

I am getting ready to frame mine and use them to cover a large blank wall in my living room. I had a large painting up, but it just "didn't work" there. I feel certain that a display of mail art will be just perfect.

I am in this room most of the time when I am at home so I can just look and look and think of the Farm Girls!!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  12:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Currently mine are in an oval willow basket in my living room where I can browse through them except for the first one I got which I framed. It sits on my buffet where I can look at it every day. I plan to make some sort of collage when I have enough of them.
I got one out to everyone on the first list and then on the second list but when it got to 60 + members I got bogged down as well as busy with out door tasks so am whittling away at that list as I get a chance. I have figured out that i am going to make one really nice original of something and then get photocopies of them in limited numbers. The ones I have done so far have turned out nice I think. Hope to get one to all of you soon.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  12:31:27 PM  Show Profile
I just had an idea...we usually put up 2 Christmas trees...a large one in the great room and a smaller one in a little tv room off the kitchen where we spend a lot of time. I am thinking of displaying my mailart treasures this Christmas by attaching them with clothespins to the branches of our little tree! Calling it the Sisterhood of the Traveling Art Friendship and Love Tree!Complete with little twinkling lights!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  12:50:40 PM  Show Profile
Jenny- I do a kids tree like that , just filled with all the handmade things that have come home through the years. I like your mail art tree idea! I have finally moved almost all of my sewing, crafting , etc into the laundry room which is a small room attached to the back of my house that you can only enter from outside. It is quickly becoming my studio and I am hanging the mail art I have received on two large fabric covered corkboards so far. It looks pretty good, and a few people who have come searching for me in there have commented on how cool all of it is together!

Those of you that haven't received any from me yet..fear not! I am slower than slow but promise that I will send to you all eventually!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How Do You Display/Store Your Mailart? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page