Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  06:45:45 AM  Show Profile
All I did was go upstirs to change the sheets. Then ended up giving the room a new look.
Also a really good book about the Roosevelts.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  07:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It looks great! What a fun and homey looking room! It looks like one could just fall into one of those beds and sleep so soundly! It's absolutely beautiful! That looks like a good cookbook too! Maybe you could share a favorite recipe out of it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  08:41:51 AM  Show Profile
Nancy...your house is so pretty and cozy! And to have handmade quilts and spreads from relatives is so neat. I don't have things like that and so I cherish "homemade" things! I've been outside weeding this morning..while I was gone the "jungle of the South" took over! You'd think I'd been gone a month or more it's so "weedy" out there and it's 87 and wet and muggy. I didn't even wash up this morning..just got out there because when I come in for good (this is just a break) I'll have to hop in the tub to get clean and cool. It's on my list of THE TOP TEN for the DAY to try and get pics uploaded to this new pc and then post so y'all can see the mess I've got here! LOL! I finally got your package in the mail yesterday...I'm a bit slow! How did people ever live here and function before AC that's what I'd like to know...maybe if you're raised in this heat you get used to it but not at my age!
I love the cookbook and I love biographies....that one looks like a good one. Are you going to the thrift store today? Your cleaning and organizing keeps me going here...! Thanks!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  12:29:07 PM  Show Profile
like your new rooms
you did a good job pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  5:39:27 PM  Show Profile
The bed room looks so nice and spiffy. Yes I said spiffy. I like that word. You are so fortunate that the Aunts saved things. The books look interesting and yes, the thrift stores put prices where they shouldn't. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  6:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Your bedroom looks so inviting! Redwork is so fun and pretty.
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  3:09:19 PM  Show Profile
Are you sure we're not related? I went into the kitchen the other day to get a glass of water and ended up rearranging the entire countertop in there! Your beds look great! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  08:36:36 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo....I noticed on the chest at the end of the "big" bed you have 2 dolls and inbetween them is a little chest....I have one similar to that that I've had since I was a child. Is it from your childhood or a "thrift" find? I am searching for my USB cable to upload pics and can't find it! Darn! I'll keep looking....I think someone is trying to get me to "clean up my act" LOL! As I look, I straighten and clean so it's a good motivator!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  06:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I often wonder why the thrift stores put prices on things like that and they have to know the price won't come off without damaging something. Another thing they do here is to wrap clear plastic tape around and around and around a box(like an old board game, etc.), so it's hard to not ruin the look of the box(and the value of the thing itself). Probably one of those things I'll never get an answer to. :(

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic CHANGING THINGS AROUND Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page