Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 For those who follow the Secret...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic For those who follow the Secret... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  10:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Where do you keep your "inspiration" board? I am trying to decided where in my house there is good energy flow. I want to be able to see it and was thinking why not right in my dining room/kitchen? I have a huge expanse of wall and nothing on it. It is directly straight across from the front door, which I thought would be good to let my ideas and hopes flow in and out.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Heather...great idea because I put my "dream board" in my office and it is "buried" along with my dreams! I did make out the blank check from the universe and posted that in my bathroom,my nightstand and it's doing well...money has come in...not as much as I would like LOL but still it is doing better than the dream board. So, I think you are right to put it somewhere where it will be seen often, won't get "buried" and in a room you spend a lot of time in! You Go Girl!
P.S. What happened with the job you weren't happy at? I lost the thread on that one I guess.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  11:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I actually got my job cut- I was only a contract worker and they let us all go after 2 months. So I am on the hunt again. I got pretty down and depressed the past 2 days, but I really cleaned up the house...I mean REALLY cleaned up the house and it has only taken me 3 hours to do it in, to let energy flow, remove stagnant energy and let good things come in (I cleaned all the windows and the front door glass) and I want to set up my board to get things going. I am cleansing the house this week, the body and spirt next week while still focusing (positively) on finding a decent...no...FANTASTIC job. I like the idea of a blank check...might have to try that!!! Thanks for the idea.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  12:34:38 PM  Show Profile
I never read the "Secret". I heard lots about it. It is on my list of books to read. I did see Oprah when they chatting about an inspiration/vision board. I wasn't aware of the fact that it should be placed in an energy flowing location. My husband cut a board for me to begin one, but it's still not started. One night I got all kinds of old magazines out. I wanted to cut pictures out to put on my future vision board. I felt like an idiot. I could not find one picture to cut out. So, it was nice reading about your inspiration board, and the energy thing. Maybe I'll get off my butt, and begin. LOL Have a happy day!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  5:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Long before this book and inspiration board came out I cut all kinds of pictures out of magazines of things I would like to have in my house, yard, garden, etc., and put the pictures into photo albums. Every once in awhile I pull them out and look at them and feel so good to know that I did accomplish getting things that only my soul needed! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  5:43:57 PM  Show Profile
Susan...you were a woman ahead of her time! Actually, Louise Hay started all this about 20 some years ago with her famous book..I think it is Heal Your Life or something like that Anyway...she was really the pioneer of self-improvement and the thoughts are energy and the connection with illness and negative thoughts etc. Anyway...it's all good in my book and after some terrific illnesses of my own, a true wake-up call....I FINALLY learned to take of myself and honor my soul. It's nice to talk with like-minded girlfriends!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  5:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
http://www.hayhouse.com/
http://www.louisehay.com/
http://www.hayhouseradio.com/

I like the third link a lot...I can listen to it while I clean, relax, etc...

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  9:38:27 PM  Show Profile
I havent read the Secret either, my sister did and was excited about it. I do keep a bulleten board above my sewing machine. That is the place that I am usually creating something. It has cards I have received, little pics I like, dangling beads my daughter put together, stuff like that.
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  9:57:30 PM  Show Profile
In my little house, one room leads to the next, which has one of the bathroom doors going into my office. I usually leave the door open, so when I am at the computer studying or working, I can see my two dream posters and when I close the door to "take care of business" I can still see my two posters. One poster is of various vegies I cut out a seed catalog all arranged in rows just like a garden. The other poster was one I did in one of my massage classes and it has pictures of wildflowers, a lady in her root cellar looking at canned produce, a ranch house in the middle of a gorgous green field, and Mt. McKinnley. Oh, and of course, a buffalo!! Part of my dream has now come true, now for the rest!!

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  05:52:45 AM  Show Profile
Yes Heather...I've listened to Hayhouse Radio for years! I posted something last week about radio and t.v. shows via your computer but no one replied....glad to see we have similar interests. I love HAyhouse Radio...I also listen to NPR via www.kuniradio.com or org...can't remember. It's Iowa Public Radio but it is the only NPR station that i have found that you can listen via computer.

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  06:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
You gals are so inspirational!!! If we can, let's take pics and post them. I am working on my board next week. I am up early today, had to take Charlie to the ER for CROUP...AGAIN!!! GRRRRR....

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  3:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Is Charlie Okay? Susan
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  3:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for asking Susan and yes...This is his 4th time with it. I got so good at it, that I hear the "bark" once and it is off to the ER. They did a breathing treatment and I got a prescription for a steroid this time. He is hyrdated and hungy, so that is a good sign and he is getting to watch ALL Day cartoons since he can't go outside. I am just REALLY tired today. Can't wait for bedtime tonight.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  11:50:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear that he's doing okay! Isn't it great when we can read the signs of what's going on with out kids with just one cough? You're a good mommy! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  12:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Back when I was in Jr. High (mid 1970's) I began clipping out pictures and articles from magazines of things that I thought were pretty or were things I hoped to have one day. I used to call it my "Paper Hope Chest." I have since lost the original but still keep something similar.

When I first read Susan Ban Breathnach's she instructs her reader to do something very similar - such as an inspiration board. I love to keep mine on a smaller scale in my journal. Have never read the secret but plan to one day.

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  2:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Susan and all you ladies are inspirational. I am making a journal to take with me. We travel alot and I always find a shell, piece of paper, card, etc..and I would like to journal my feeling, experience, wishes, dreams, goals...etc. I am going to make a little "Travel" kit to take with me.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  3:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, so glad Charlie is okay! How old is he? I had one with croup years ago (he's 27 now) and yes...there's no mistaking that 'bark"! Yes...Susan Ban Breathnach is great! I think that was originally when I started....I LOVE her books. Heather you would love her.....it's her book about excavating your soul just like an archaeologist....it was life changing for me at the time! I like the idea of your tavel journal...I journal every morning and have for abut 20 years now but I keep thinking I should burn them before I die and my family reads them! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  3:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Charlie is...wait let me add..almost 29 months. He is such a trooper at the docs...he is fascinated with all the equipment. Hoping he becomes a doc so Mama can retire...HA!!!

I will check out the book. Thanks!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  5:22:52 PM  Show Profile
I love the Secret, it worked for me, helping me get the house of my dreams, between the book and alot of praying! Check it out on my blog, I've posted photos of inside and out plus before and after!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I like your little house Sue. Very nice. I am glad the Secret worked for you. I hope in brings you continued blessings.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  04:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Heather, once I get the craft room set up, I want a dream board somewhere to add to my riches, I'm so bleassed!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic For those who follow the Secret... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page