Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What I have learned from MaryJane!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What I have learned from MaryJane!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 5

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  05:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me the importance of wearing an apron. Gotta have a place to put the clothespins when hanging laundry on the line!

God bless -
Karen

Farmgirl Sister #??? (to be filled in after I get my badge)
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  05:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me the importance of heritage. All those things that I thought were hokey and out of step when I was a teenager are near and dear to my heart now.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  05:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me how to keep fleas off my dog. Add vinegar to the drinking water (start with 1 tsp per quart then work your way up to 1 Tbsp). I read it the other night but I read so many things I can't remember whether it was in her book or her magazines. I'll post page and issue when I find it again!

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  05:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me the importance of dreaming. I'd just about given up on my dream of building where my great-grandparents had their log cabin. I'm dreaming again.........

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  05:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me that those things that my mom used for pot holders were really dishrags and by golly, I can crochet some myself. (Soon to be posted for my badge and then put to use)

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  05:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ has taught me I have family I didn't realize I had. I have lots of sisters - I'm not an "only child."

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ has taught me that a henhouse can be functional AND beautiful. Aug/Sept '08 issue pg. 104

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me that aprons can also be functional AND beautiful. Summer '08 issue pg. 91

I found the material on one of my basement excursions - now I need to get the sewing machine out and make it a reality.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me how to grow zucchini in a box. Summer '08 issue pg. 100

We're doing this next year. Robbie's summer squash has taken over my moss rose patch.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me that aprons aren't just for wearing anymore. Summer '08 issue pgs. 82 and 96

I'm on an apron kick - can you tell?

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me "How to Tie an All-Purpose No-Nonsense Bandanna Hair Wrap." Aug/Sept '08 issue pg. 43

Tried with the ones I have but they're too small. Guess I need to add "make 24-inch bandanna" to my list of projects. It's grown quite long in the last two weeks..........Thanks, MaryJane!

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me that particle board furniture can be made to look beautiful. Aug/Sept '08 issue pg. 54 - Garden Seed Cupboard

I have hope for that monstrous entertainment center in our living room.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me how to make a backyard green house. Aug/Sept '08 issue pg. 103

That one is already on the project list. (Frannie, I hope obtaining the how-to knowledge counts on this post - I promise these projects will get done!)

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MJ taught me that I'm not alone. Robbie and I have made real strides at eating healthier and more organically, detoxing our cleaning products, getting off of pharmaceuticals, etc. over the last several years. But there hasn't been anyone that I could really talk to about what we're doing that gets it. I've found that here.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MaryJane taught me how to freeze berries so they won't stick together in the freezer!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MaryJane taught me how to make an alternative to Ice Cream- pouring cream over frozen berries. (She posted about this here on the forum, actually!)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Most of all, MJ has helped me heal. I've mentioned in other posts that there was a big hole in my heart after my dad passed away. I didn't realize how much that was reflected in my house until I found this site. Now I'm excited about getting up every morning and working around the house and outside. It's good that I have that excitement because when I look around the house and see the shape that it's in, it's gonna take a lot - and I mean a LOT - of work. This week I started wearing my bandanna and apron (it's one I bought several years ago and don't like but it works - gotta get goin' on making that apron) and I gotta tell ya I felt a bit like I was possessed......but in a good way. I felt the spirit of my mom and my grandma with me (in me?) as I worked in the kitchen and hung the laundry. I felt my dad's spirit (sans apron) when I worked in the garden and cut the grass. It's brought me a peace that I can't even begin to describe.

It's brought me home.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  06:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Frannie, just doin' my bit to get ya those 2000 posts! There are a ton of things I could add will try to do so over the weekend. Like Dawn, finding this place is the real prize - don't need anything else.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  10:48:53 AM  Show Profile
I have learned thats its ok to be simple, make due and be resourceful. I didnt know it was so popular to be me. I not only have learned much from MJ magazines, books, but from all of my 'sisters' as well.

kim
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  10:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I think that MJ and this forum have helped me to not let go of my dreams, keep on believing in them.. in everything I want.. from music to my own place...to even sewing (which I never thought I could do..) ...and also having my little store online ... I've been taught a WEALTH of information of how to do it myself. It is sort of .... empowering in a GOOD old-fashioned way ... Not only these things I've mentioned .. but it has also helped me to realize I don't have to keep it all in and I can trust others to hear my issues and they will understand... and for that I am really thankful for. It's a safe place here. For the most part, I never see any arguing or snarky-ness here and I haven't (myself) felt hurt once. Alot of women out there in the world can make you feel that way, and it's nice to feel there isn't any of that going on here. It's a real sense of togetherness and community and SISTERHOOD.

http://maggie.ecrater.com
http://maggiemerch.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/hh_reiki
http://www.myspace.com/brookealyson
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  11:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MaryJane taught me that I am not the only one that gets that rush of feeling that she calls Springtide.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  1:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
MaryJane taught me that life is like a puzzle. Even when you have the cover (your dream) you don't get every piece to fit perfectly the first time. You have to keep trying different pieces until you find the one that fits. Then you find the next piece that fits and on and on. It takes perseverance, but in the end, you have a beautiful picture. It isn't perfectly smooth. There are lines in it where the pieces come together and the texture is bumpy. But it brings a sense of accomplishment and smile for a job well done. Just like life.

God bless -
Karen

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  11:17:03 PM  Show Profile
and the WINNER is:

LivingWell4You
Karen
Hillsboro MO

congrats miz karen .. be sure to e-mail me your mailing addy .. and i'll try and get your prizes off to you sometime this or next week!

thanks to everyone who shared with us how maryjane has impacted your life so profoundly.

contest is over .. but you sure can keep posting!

xo, frannie

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  12:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Karen!!! Yay!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  04:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Oh, my gosh, it's me!!! Frannie, thanks so much for doing this! I didn't post to win - just wanted to express how much MaryJane and the farmgirls have changed my life. But I'm not going to turn it down - the gifts are too cool.

And I agree - let's keep the post going and shoot for 500 posts. After that we can shoot for 1000! We love MaryJane - let's keep tellin' her why.

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What I have learned from MaryJane!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page