Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  09:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Those things people might deem strange or weird about you or could never guessed.

Me- I like reality show like Tori and Dean, Flipping Out, Jon and Kate plus 8, etc...I find after a rough day, I like to just veg out and have some humor and peek into other's lives.

I like...no LOVE... the smell of suntan lotion. I especially like the oil spray on type. I could sniff that all day.

I am obsessed with all thing beachy but cannot watch JAWS and am TERRIFIED to go swimming in ocean like water...heck I even joined the Navy but never would do swim calls in the ocean. HA!! Go figure!!!

I wear flip flops probably 95% of the year. I own several pairs and keep them in my Jeep for after I have been forced to wear real shoes.

I like an obsessively clean house. I don't like clutter and keep things very simple but if you are dirt, you are dead in my house. I will get you. I am a Virgo...I can't help it!!!
What are yours???

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Jul 23 2008 09:30:35 AM

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile
I am horribly claustrophobic and can't stand crowded, hot, or smoky environments. I think I've been to one bar my entire life and couldn't stand it.

I love techno/electronica music and video games. I played World of Warcraft (an online massively multiplayer role-playing game) for over 3 years, and hubby and I have both a Wii and an Xbox 360. I'm taking a video game break right now, but at heart I'm still a big nerd.

I was homeschooled K-12, then went to a big public university. Talk about culture shock! But I loved every minute of it.

I've met Alton Brown from "Good Eats" once and Dolly Parton twice. I've stared a Blue Man (from the Blue Man Group) in the face.

I like eating Gerber Vegetables and Beef as a snack. Yes, baby food!

I don't know how to swim and I've never flown in an airplane.

I used to teach sewing and craft classes to adults (when I was 16 and working at a fabric store) and to kids (through 4-H in high school and in college).

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Farmgirl Sister #242
http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  12:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Heather!
What a great topic.
I thought I was the only wierd one to love watching "Tori and Dean", & "Jon and Kate Plus*". I find humor everwhere in those two shows. I love wearing flip flops but only when I am alone. My toes are awful looking, can't tell if I have four or five toes. LOL To my best friend, this would be the wierdness thing about me: Now please don't laugh too much, I, too know it's a bit wierd, but... I watch the first episode of "Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman" every day. I love that show. I will listen to the same song all day long. I just press repeat, and it goes on and on and on. I have read the book, "These Is My Words", by Nancy E. Turner, eighteen times. I love to watch Bullriding. My sweetie (husband) will say, "You just watched that Bullriding show last night. I know. What a fun question. I'll probably answer this question over and over again. LOL
Have a great day.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  12:42:59 PM  Show Profile
ha honey .. what one person deems strange or weird .. would probably be considered 'strange or weird' by others.

it's fun reading what you kids think is strange about you! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  12:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Marly- I "secretly" LOVE Bull riding too!!! HA!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  1:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Ok...when I put up silverware out of the dishwasher, I have to count it. I keep a mental tally of what the number is, and if a fork is missing I'll know it!

If I go around a sharp curve while driving, I HAVE to turn on the blinker...I know that I am not making an actual turn, but even so, I have to turn it on!

I like to take potato chips and scoop vanilla ice cream up with them!

Weird!!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  1:57:02 PM  Show Profile
* I repeat myself, often. I am not sure why other then I wonder if anyone can Hear me.
* I dont sleep much. I will go 5 days with maybe 4 hours of sleep.
* oh here is a good one: I read fast. I mean really really fast. People think its weird. I can finish a 500 page book in about 24 hours. I also can comprehend what I read.
* I can memorize numbers. sets of numbers, lots of them.
* because of my training I can bring down a man 2 times my size and incapasitate him on the floor. although this has not been such a handy thing.
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  2:00:54 PM  Show Profile
I talk with my hands.. big time.. and after many years of cheerleading.. I often talk much louder than I need to.
Vacuuming is my thing.. the house gets vacuumed twice a day or more..
I like to dip my fries in ranch dressing or mayo.. now will be veganaise..
About once a year I get a craving for sunflower seeds in the shell.. I go through several bags over a week and then I am done for the year.

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  2:06:53 PM  Show Profile
I think the thing people find strange is that I am a hard rock die-hard!! I'm talking AC/DC Motley Cru, Black Sabbath right down to the milder rockers like the Stones , Foreigner,Bon Jovi all of them. I like all different music, but if I am depressed or nervous, that does the trick!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  2:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Heather ~ I had a feeling you were a virgo too. From reading some of your posts I kept thinking "WOW we have alot in common!"
I hate clutter and dirt. My house at the moment is covered in both and it is totally making me nuts and depressed. I'm trying to get this "Get-a-grip-and-move-your-butt,-girl!" kind of attitude going. Once I get my groove I will clean from sunup till the wee hours of the morning.

Kookey weird habits.. hmmmm

~my mind is always running. Even when I'm sleeping, especially if I'm stressed about something, my mind is constantly searching for the answers.

~I do not fly by the seat of my pants well. I always want to have a plan. Most people think I only have one plan but I really have one good plan but a couple more fall back plans.

~My fiance thinks I worry entirely too much. I don't think of it as worried. I think of it as covering the bases and being prepared.

~My sneeze is loud enough to blow the roof off the house.

~I sleep with my socks on. I have a stubby toe. I broke it as a child and it never grew out right. I never wore sandals or flip flops up until this summer. I really don't care if anyone finds my little toe offensive anymore.

~When I scream loud enough to wake the dead, it's still not as loud as I can scream. Two things my mom told me when I first met my now fiance-- "Don't sneeze and don't scream at your kids!" I do warn him when it comes time to holler for the kiddos. He's learned yeah you really do wanna cover your ears.

~Oh I just remembered the other one me and Jeremy have in common. We smile at the tv. My mom thinks this is the corniest thing. I can't help it I see something on tv that makes me happy but not giddy, I smile.

I know I'm a goon.
Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Jul 23 2008 2:32:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  2:36:45 PM  Show Profile
I forgot one my husband thinks is odd, every time I choke even a little bit, I always have to sneeze like 4 or 5 times! And I always get the hiccups after I eat any bread(like hamburger bun etc) and then drink a diet coke.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  3:44:51 PM  Show Profile
I can't stand stickers left on things that I buy new...I will spend an hour peeling and scratching a sticker off a new feed bucket that will spend it's life in the barn.
I REALLY don't like pasta.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  4:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Its is funny that so many of you have one or more of my "quirks"!

I love "the Girls Next Door" and "deadliest catch".
I also dip my fries in mayo! (debra!!!!)
I put potato chips on any sandwich with lunchmeat.
I always say "golly" after I sneeze.
I have never gotten the hiccups. (not since I was a kid anyway)
I sleep with socks on.
I can quote (so can my sister) the entire original version of the Parent Trap.
I like to microwave my icecream for 20 seconds before I eat it.
I can't hold the phone to my right ear when I make a call.

I'm suure there are more!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  4:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Julie glad to know that I am not the only one who dips her fries in mayo.. I guess they do in france as well. They are called pomme freits- please excuse my french spelling :-)

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  4:14:36 PM  Show Profile
Yeah people always told me it was strange! It's so good though!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  08:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Hmm..It's hard to think of quirky things because when I do them they seem normal to me :)

- I read a lot of Draco and Ginny Fanfiction. As in Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley as a couple. The fact that Harry ends up with Ginny in the real books gives me the creeps! Ick! Gosh, that does sound quirky when I explain it, lol. (I've even written some fics too.)

-One thing people are really surprised about is that I watch a lot of tv. (Most people know I'm a bookworm). I love documentaries, masterpiece theatre, history channel, bbc... I even bought a tivo in the States because they weren't available yet in Canada, it's best thing ever.

-I sneeze when I see the sun - http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=looking-at-the-sun-can-trigger-a-sneeze

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  08:53:29 AM  Show Profile
*I get the hiccups frequently, and I drink upside down to get rid of them (it works!!!)
*I have a thing for men with pronounced, long noses (Adrien Brody, Gabrielle Byrne, Ralph Fiennes etc...)
*I have to make my bed in the morning
*I separate candies that are different in colors (skittles, m&m's, sweet tarts) and eat them according to the ROYGBIV rule (all the reds, all the orange, etc..) Except Gummy Bears-those I eat all together, red-orange-yellow-green-white in groups of 4. Having uneven color groups makes me crazy.

Well, I think that's enough crazy for you all to know about me for now :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  09:12:19 AM  Show Profile
This is a fun topic....
I have to agree that my little idiosyncrasies seem "normal" to me...but might make others take a second look at my sanity.

I am hysterically afraid of heights.....ane elevators. I once went to a job interview...one I realy wanted....and it was on the 23rd floor of a bank building. I held my breath and kept my eyes clenched closed the whole way.....and busted out gasping for air. Fortunately for me, my prospective employer was not there to see my exit from the elevator. Oh yes, I got the job...and the 23rd floor of the bank building was a well liked restaurant of my new employer. I'm happy to say, my new work place was a one story building.

I am constantly counting....whether it be steps or just rythm....I am constantly counting.

I like the cartilage on the breastbone of chicken.....the crunchy texture.

I will not look into a mirror of a darkened room.....I DON'T BELIEVE IN MARY WORTH!!!!

I check each exterior door twice before going to bed....just wanna make EXTRA sure.

I never leave the house without checking to make sure the knobs on my gas oven are in the off position.

Some call it OCD......I call it being me!!!

Ciao, Kate

Farmgirl sister

http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  09:46:28 AM  Show Profile

Hi Kate:
What kind of work do you do? I'm good with numbers, too. I will remember birthdays from people I knew years ago. I can look at a Sudoko puzzle and figure it out really fast. I wonder often what is the reason for this. LOL
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  09:51:10 AM  Show Profile

Jenny:
My son has that sticker peeling thing. He'll spend hours peeling off stickers.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  10:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
O.K. Ladies this is fun.I am afraid of those cans that refrigerated bread comes in.....you know the ones that "POP" open. If I am anywhere and someone is opening one I have to leave the room. At the grocery I avoid picking them up, or even getting too close to them. I dunno they just give me the creeps! I love Big Brother and have even got my husband watching.I never watch the news. I love to read and try to read something new everyday!I never go out in the sun without a hat however, I don't cover up my arms.I guess it's our quirks that makes us special.

Let's dance in the rain and play in the puddles under the rainbows.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  11:03:46 AM  Show Profile
I also separate my m&m's! I eat them 2 at a time starting with yellow, orange, green, brown, red and save blue for last because I like that shade of blue.

I keep all labels turned facing forward in the pantry. This is just practical.

I can't stand the tp coming from the bottom and will turn it around even in someone else's house. How rude is that?!

I also wear socks to bed. But then we have cold floors; even in the summer. I can't stand to put my feet into anything without socks. I always have cotton socks on even with sandals. Nylons feel yucky on my feet and I wear socks with my dresses (always long), too.

In the winter, I always wear turtlenecks because I can't stand my neck to get cold and I will wear the same turtleneck I had on that day under my flannel jammies that night.

I eat one food at a time on my plate, saving the best for last. And if any of them ever touch each other, I won't eat the mixed part that I consider "no man's land". There are 2 exceptions: mashed potatoes, gravy and corn and mashed potatoes, gravy and turkey. Those I will mix up all together. The turkey, because I just don't like turkey and I have to cover the taste somehow.

I can't stand the smell of new clothes and must wash them the minute I get them home. I much prefer used clothing but I won't buy used underclothes.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  2:19:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm not the least bit quirky. LOL. What a fun topic!

I get irrationally grumpy if things get rearranged/disorganized. Especially "my" spaces. Trying to chill out on that one. (kind of hard to change negative quirks).

Hate mayo. Absolutely. Chills icky.

I collect 4-leaf clovers, but only real ones I find. Like Where's Waldo, or doing a puzzle. Some childlike part of me still gets a kick out of it.

I repeat things in my head. Bits of conversation, or just a word or phrase. Like a hiccup.

Hmm. You know, quirks taken out of context sure look odd all written down. Good thing we're not solely comprised of our quirks. :) Good reminder to me to not judge others. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  2:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Lisa I do the SAME thing with Toilet paper! I've even turned it around at restaurants and other public places!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  3:27:26 PM  Show Profile
I was in the US ARMY and the US NAVY. (in the navy I worked as a civilian employee) I loved it. I was a Combat medical Specialist in the army. I took martial arts (which really saved me) and I also worked in an Alcohol and Drug rehab hospital. It is odd but in all three situations I learned how to "take down" someone. I have come to believe, based on my own experience, that learning how to defend yourself and deflect an attack can be a powerful tool. I am now an EMT for our remote ambulance. I havent had to use those skills here yet...if someone is out of control the local law inforcement is usually already there and I step out of the way and let them do their job. I really hate getting hit.
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  5:12:38 PM  Show Profile
I am cracking up at all of our quirks! The blinker going around a sharp curve struck me as a real tickler. Love this topic.

I wash my hands a lot (my mom says I've been like that since a toddler, covered in dirt but wanted my hands clean) and right after I started working as a transcriptionist I would type out everything I said in my head as I was talking. Thank goodness, that one has passed! I make tons of lists for everything and then forget where I put them.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What are your quirks??? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page