Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 spinning cotton today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic spinning cotton today Next Topic
Page: of 3

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  3:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I'm so excited to find spinners on the MJ site. I learned to spin from a local lady who advertised in the local nickel-nik paper. I think it cost $20. She had us buy a pvc spinning wheel and I learned on it. One experienced spinner once told me if I could spin on that thing, I could spin on anything. Ha! I'm still very much a novice tho. I don't have a wheel at present, but am waiting to find the right opportunity to come along to buy one. Spinning and quilting, to me are almost a meditation, so relaxing. I kinda belong to a quild, they meet once a month, but it's hard for me to get there as I live out in the middle of the Palouse and everywhere is a "drive". Maybe this will be my guild. :)
Looking forward to getting to know all of you,
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  3:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I forgot, I was going to tell you that I had spun cotton once. It is very different from wool isn't it? It doesn't have the elasticity that wool does. I'd imagine you would get used to that tho after you spun it awhile. I also like the natural dyes. I'm hoping to have a dyer's garden someday.
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, when are we going to get to see pictures of your yarn? Right now I have yarn started on 5 different spindles! Look at what you all have started! I am absolutely in love with spinning yarn! If I ever get anything selling on etsy I may be able to buy a spinning wheel from Grace, which would be wonderful! Although I am not sure where I would put it!

Monica
Farmgirls Rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  11:40:45 AM  Show Profile
My camera and computer arn't getting along for some reason this weekend...I tried on Saturday night and last night unload pictures and it won't do it. This happened before, but in a different way a couple months ago..drives me nuts!! So....when I get the camera (or is it the computer?) to cooperate I will post some pictures for sure. Sorry.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic spinning cotton today Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page