Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What can you do with 30 minutes & an old Shirt..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What can you do with 30 minutes & an old Shirt.. Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  2:35:17 PM  Show Profile
Ok, it's all Brenda's (Past Blessings) fault,,,,she threw out the challenge, the old "repurpose" challenge....so if you sneak over to my blog (as I am photo uploading challenged here) you will see what I did in 30 min with an old Hawaiian shirt, an old pillow and my sewing machine....
I have to give credit to Aunt George, as she got me hooked on repurposing old shirts into aprons...so it made sence to do like wise for a pillow cover.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  3:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how fun! Great idea! (and your salsa looks yummy, too!)

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

EllynAnne
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

EllynAnne
Pueblo CO
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  3:19:18 PM  Show Profile
So you can sew and you're brilliantly creative - all to the good, but it's the addition of music to your blog that really impresses me and your choice - Bette Midler's "Friends" - that has me giving wishing I lived across the way and could come over and give ya a hug. Just like you, the song is inviting and a treasure.

xxea
Tie One On...an apron, of course!
www.apronmemories.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  3:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Grace your blog is great. The pics are really fun. I once made raspberry salsa when I had an abundant raspberry crop. I love your un-orthodox apron. Would you care if I used your idea? I promise I'll give you credit!
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  4:47:33 PM  Show Profile
That shirt looks great repurposed as a pillow, that way you can appreciate the fabric all the time. Your relish looks great, and of course Dolly looks gorgeous as always, I always consider that a good reason not to make a bed. If a kitty is napping, well much more important....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  6:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Awe, E.A., I am blushing, Thank you for the sweet words....yep, if we were neighbors, neither of us would probablly accomplish anything cuz we'd be sitting outside with a glass of wine or coffee(depending on the time of day-lol!) and chatting most of the day away. hee hee hee!
Now, if you really want a giggle, scroll down to Bette's song "Inventor Titsling" I loved it in the movie "Beaches"...
Remember, how untidy my crazy craft room was when you were here? now double the mess,,,I have started way to many projects,,,I need a good rainy day or two to keep me home so I will get some of those UFO's done!!! And yet already I am thinking about Christmas projects....aacckk! Help! I need Therapy!!! lol!
hugz to you.
p.s....any lavender in your garden yet??? wink wink!

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 15 2008 6:47:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  6:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, by all means have fun using my Un-Orthodox apron idea...and have fun!
Raspberry salsa, oh yum that sounds wonderful.
And, Welcome aboard to MJF you will gleen so many wonderful great & crafty ideas for the gals here.

Karin, I so agree, Dolly looks so sweet napping, a happy kitty is worth more then a fussy made bed.

>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  7:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Grace,
The raspberry salsa was great and I would be happy to share the receipt with anyone if they're interested. I've already gleaned so much today and had so much fun doing it. Maybe I'll see you at the Buggy Barn. I'll be there next Sun. I would love to meet some of the local farmgirls.
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

girlwrangler
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Sheri
Lincoln Montana
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  8:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Grace...

So much cute stuff!! And I love that pillow idea!
Hey - how'd ya get music on your blog?

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  9:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Teresa Sue,
I am going on Sat to the Buggy Barn, as I have family committments on Sunday. Sorry I won't get to meet up with you then. But Firemama aka Amanda, who is here on the forum will have one of her quilts on display!
Have fun, it really is a great display of talented ladies & their quilts.

Sheri, I went to www.playlist.com to upload/down load my music. The instructions are fairly easy, good thing cuz I am so techno-computer challenged....lol!
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  10:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
Yes, very fun blog *^_^* I am very much into reconstructing and upcycling just about anything I can come up with a good use for! Old shirts - I just made up a pattern for a really cute dress - each one is made out of two long sleeve men's shirts and a tie!

I'll post some pictures on my blog as soon as I finish stitching up my prototype!

Doesn't it feel good to make something new out of something old!

Kudos to you!

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  06:51:16 AM  Show Profile
Grace, loved your blog. Love your name Grace too. My Mom's name is Grace, she passed away 10 years ago. So, now when I see the name, it of course brings back fond memories. NOW, we have a great granddaughter named Grace. So it is not an OLD name after all.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  10:24:03 AM  Show Profile
Grace - that's wonderful! That shirt made the perfect pillow! Love your blog!

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100

Edited by - therusticcottage on Aug 17 2008 10:24:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  9:20:50 PM  Show Profile
I love Hawiian Tourist Shirts, they are so colorful & fun...so now my brain is thinking, why not repurpose some of them into tote bags. The totes can then be used to stash craft projects or what ever...hmmmm.....I could even make them reversable.
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  9:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace,
I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but modern technology doesn't like me and my attempt futal!
So, I thought I'd come over here and pester you anyways~ hugs!
I read your blog and your name post was one I could appreciate. My dear daughter would love it. Her middle name is Grace.
When I was expecting her, I had a really hard time of it, and I remember getting serious with God one night and telling Him that it was going to take HIS Grace to get me through it all. Not too many months later, He gave me Grace in more ways than one;) Our little Victoria Grace came along. So, I may be a little bias, but I absolutely adore the name grace!
hugs Jessie

Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  12:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Grace,
I will look for firemamma's quilt when I'm there. Hope to meet you one of these days at a MJ event.
Warmly,
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:01:46 PM  Show Profile
I have made shorts for my boys, out of other tee shirts that otherwise were'nt being worn. See here... http://fionaswampington.blogspot.com/2008/07/playing-with-trash-and-other-fun-things.html

and scroll down a bit to see the little models wearing their new shorts.

I have also made two skirts out of shirts, lONG sleeve, oversize. tee shirts. Cut off the arms and collar straight across the top, sew up the armpits and make an elastic waist. voila!

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What can you do with 30 minutes & an old Shirt.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page