mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:48:17 PM  Show Profile
As some of you gals out there know, hubby and I have being trying for quite a few years to have a baby......Well...God has answered our prayers!!!
Our minister called us awhile ago and said that she knew of a gal that was pregnant and couldn't keep the baby. She (our minsiter) knew of our desire to have a child so she thought of us.
the baby is due in September and it is a boy.
We are over the moon excited!!
I couldn't wait to share this all with all of you.

"learn to watch snails" SARK

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
OMG! for real? Congrats to you and the hubby!

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  9:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Melanie,
How WONDERFUL! I couldn't be more thrilled for you and your hubby...There is much to do before September, I bet your mind is reeling. I cannot wait to see the "family" pics.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is amazing! Congratulations! Babies are so precious and wonderful! You will make a wonderful mother!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:57:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mel...how wonderful!!! I am so so excited for you!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  11:14:18 PM  Show Profile
oh I hope it works out for you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  02:39:33 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, this is just awesome! God is soooo good! You will be blessed with this little child and will make wonderful parents. Look forward to 'following along'!
Angie.

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

iloveprims
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

TRACY
Phillipsburg NJ
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Send iloveprims a Yahoo! Message
That's so awesome, you are truly blessed. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.

http://wantingtobeme.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:04:00 AM  Show Profile
That is sooooo great, congratulations!!! September will be here before you know it!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:05:37 AM  Show Profile
OHHHHHHH MELANIE .. you are going to be such a wonderful family for this little one. CONGRATULATIONS! will you meet her and go through her pregnancy with her .. or jus' wait to meet the wee little one? have you started thinking of 'names' yet?

oh lots of love to all of you! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:38:42 AM  Show Profile
Melanie! That is such wonderful news!! Congratulations to you both. You must be over the moon happy!!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:44:34 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! That is such wonderful new for the two of you. Children are such a huge blessing and i am sure that you will make wonderful parents.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:45:58 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'm sooo happy for you!!! I know how long you've been trying, and I'm just thrilled. Adoption is a wonderful thing! One of my favorite parts of my job at the law firm. Congratulations on this blessing, and can't wait to learn more as you go along!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  06:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh gals, I can sooooo feel your love. As I am writing this my eyes are filling up with tears. WE have so much to think about in the next 6 weeks. Right now I am working TONS so that I can get enough hours to unemployment. I'm not sure how it works south of the border, but here if I accumulate so many hours at work, I can apply for unemployment/maternity/adoption benifits.
that will allow me to stay home with the baby and get 60% of my pay for 35 weeks. So anyway....that has kept me so very busy and working shift work to boot!! I don't know how I would do it if I was the one carrying the baby LOL!!
As for names.....I would love to have some suggestions from you gals we dont really have any names picked at all so any names taht you mention sure would be a help.
thanks again :)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  06:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Melanie-

There are some great baby name search functions out there- Is there a particular reference point for the names you are thinking of? For example- my husband and I are particular to Irish/Celtic names.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Alee...we have no particular type/origin of names in mind...we've gone through all of the family names and have none that we are struck on.

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:02:03 AM  Show Profile
I hear ya, Melanie...names are hard. We've picked a name for a boy, but girls, now THAT's a toughy!!! We can just NEVER agree on one :) My husband is Irish, but he doesn't like all the "required" Irish names, and finds that the more contrived they are, the less he likes them (Niam, Liam, etc...) I don't mind those names, but then, I'm not Irish American :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:18:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni
I have sooooo many girls names that I would love to use...Ella, Julia, Emma, Candice....but alas...it is a boy..not that I am disappointed, of course not!! LOL!! just hard to pick a name.
And Frannie....Hubby and I kind-of-sort-of know the birth mother, she goes to our church. I'm not sure if I will be in the delivery room or not...it will be up to her. I would be happy to just pace the floors and wait to hear his little voice sing!!

Go to Top of Page

mandi
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Amanda
Nashville Tennessee
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:19:44 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! That is FANTASTIC.

Farmgirl Sister #264
http://www.mandiknits.com/farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:31:30 AM  Show Profile
One of my best elderly friends is an african american lady down the street from our office, and she has THE BEST name! Ella Mae Holiday. Could you GET any happier than that? I adore her, and her name to boot

I always liked Ella, Evangeline, Odessa, Jessamyn--names I pick out are usually because of places we've been, or things that remind me of family. I would love to use my great grandmother's name, Theodocia, but Justin isn't too keen on it :) My father was half cajun--that's where the Evangeline comes from, and Odessa was a distant cousin. Jessamyn is a county in Kentucky where one of our favorite destinations is....

Boy names seem easy to me!!! I guess just start brainstorming, and THEN comes the harder part of picking a MIDDLE name!!!!

We originally had (for a boy) Jackson ("Jack") Paul, which is my husband's middle name and his father's first name. But, around here, there are ALOT of Jackson's, (and some I've seen have NOT been well behaved so that's a turnoff ). I like to use family names combined but ours aren't really that great. My friend Julie has the BEST family names!!! Her boys are Thomas Clay (named after her husband, Tom, and her maiden name), and Tate McHewen (named after Tate's Creek, near her home in Kentucky, and her maternal grandmother's maiden name)...I really like them, and boy does it sound great when they're in trouble and she uses BOTH their names!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:01:27 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Melanie! I don't have any great suggestions for boy names, but I just wanted to tell you I'm happy for you.

My family always goes back a couple of generations for names and recycles them. If I was going to have a boy baby, I could pick from: Christopher, John, Carl, Francis, Robert, Frederick, William, or James. Maybe one of those will grab you!
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  2:21:01 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Melanie! I don't have any boy name suggestions, but my daughter's name is Melanie :)

Diana
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Melanie....How Absolutely Wonderful!!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  4:52:49 PM  Show Profile
September--What a wonderful month for having a baby. Lucky you--congrats. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  5:40:59 PM  Show Profile
The right name will come to mind at the right time...my husband and I were arguing over names until the delivery of our first child, and then it seemed Susannah was a perfect choice )we'd really been doing battle over boys' names). With our second child we did find out that we were expecting a boy, and didn't settle on Martin until he showed up (three weeks early, emergency C section in a blizzard). Part of it for us was we wanted a name with a couple of syllables, having a one syllable last name, and I particularly tried to find named that wouldn't encourage nick names right off the bat. I figure they have to get their nick names as their personalities develop. What lovely news for you and your husband, and what a wonderful place to bring up a baby.

How nice that your work schedule is adaptable too, you and your husband are going to have such fun, you'lll wonder how you ever got along without this little person....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

Edited by - electricdunce on Jul 22 2008 08:10:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Melanie - God is good. You will be the best parents ever!!!!! Praying for all of you, especially that little one to be.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Family Matters: Previous Topic A baby for us..HORRAY!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page