Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Hurray! Cucumbers have sprouted!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Hurray! Cucumbers have sprouted! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  07:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yay! My cucumber seeds sprouted! The seeds were about 3 years old if not more so I wasn't sure if they would go or not. But they are doing great! I am giving them lots of water so they hurry up and become big!

I think I will plant some zucchini as well. The package says only 50 days to harvest so they should do well.

My Squash is growing an so is my egg plant. I am hopeful to get a harvest from them. My strawberries are thriving- if producing odd shaped berries and my bell peppers and banana peppers are flowering. Things are going great!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

Cheryl Severeide
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Alee, Isn't it Great to see those seeds popping through the soil.. Makes ya PROUD huh?

Life situations and circumstances change quickly, often without notice... Take each challenge with a positive attitude.
Go to Top of Page

NancyM
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Nancy
Fall City WA
113 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:38:44 PM  Show Profile
I planted some older cucumber seeds this year and they sprouted within a couple of days. I can't wait to make pickles!

I had a terrible time with eggplant this year-I don't think I'll be seeing any. Enjoy your garden!

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #159
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cheryl- Yup! Very proud! I love to garden and I am such a kid at heart- It always thrills me to see that my seeds have sprouted! It's like a little form of magic!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
my cukes are so late (short growing season here) that i am just praying i will get a few cukes but not likely i will get enough to make bread and butter pickles *sigh* hopefully next year i will ahve a green house and will be able to have better luck in my garden. we sure chose one of the hardest places on earth to try to be self sufficient! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  1:12:30 PM  Show Profile
I picked 3 cucumbers (Burpless variety) on Saturday from one of my plants. There is another out there ready to be picked too. I just wish my tomatoes would hurry up and turn red. It seems like they've been green forever!

Enjoy watching your cucumbers grow & have fun eating them!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Hurray! Cucumbers have sprouted! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page