Julie
MaryJane's Farmgirl

60 Posts

Julie
Moscow ID
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  10:15:39 AM  Show Profile
It has only been a few hours since the story has ended; yet Clare and Henry are still swirling in my head. Thank you Erik for recommending this enchanting story. At first I was not sure if I would like it, seemed to be confusing going back and forth through time. Boy, was I ever wrong! Clare is my hero, love the faith she put into her love for Henry and the unstoppable will to have a child. This is the mark of a truehearted woman and Henry, bless his little heart, had to be so strong in his travels and never faltered from his devotion to Clare. The excitement of their life unfolded with each year like a mystery. The author makes it seem so real by having jobs, friends, and family that seem like our own. I could almost see every blade of grass as Henry landed in the meadow. I cried so hard when Henry died. No, you can’t go yet!!! Clare is not finished with you yet!

The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Food Stylin' & Fancy Free

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  10:40:33 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Julie! Sounds like I'm living an incredible alter-life!
Just teasing!.... I must admit I tried to read this book and just couldn't get into it, and I SOOOO wanted to. I'm having trouble that way with fiction lately.... so it's just me and not a reflection on the book. Maybe I just need some time travel to straighten me out!!!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  12:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I have the same problem with fiction lately, Clare. Lately I prefer home stories of real life, with real solutions to everyday problems. Perhaps that is why I love this web sight so much!
With fiction I tend to read more for the author's command of language, particularily if they pen in a prose-y style and are gifted with that rare talent of descriptive writing that just paints images in your mind.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Melissa
Selden NY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  2:33:01 PM  Show Profile
I couldn't get into Time Traveler's Wife either. I felt like it was written as a movie script right from the start. I just finished Montana 1948...a short but powerful novel that haunted me. I love books that make me think about how I would handle situations. Has anyone read The Dive From Clausen's Pier?

"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." Roethke
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Time Travelers Wife Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page