mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  06:22:34 AM  Show Profile
If you haven't read any books by the author SArk, I do very stongly recommend doing so.
She is a wild spirit that helps to empower us women by encouraging us to be ourselves and to embrace the "succulent wild woman" inside of us.
The artwork in her book is both lively and colourful. She is both motivational and inspirational oh, my I could sing her praises all day. Do read something by her. I rcommend, "eating mangoes naked" or "inspiration sandwich" but I do have them all and each one is terrific!!!!

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  09:07:31 AM  Show Profile
i have a few of sark's books .. and love her wild woman spirit! i must go re-visit them! thanks for the reminder! frannie

quote:
Originally posted by mellaisbella

If you haven't read any books by the author SArk, I do very stongly recommend doing so.
She is a wild spirit that helps to empower us women by encouraging us to be ourselves and to embrace the "succulent wild woman" inside of us.
The artwork in her book is both lively and colourful. She is both motivational and inspirational oh, my I could sing her praises all day. Do read something by her. I rcommend, "eating mangoes naked" or "inspiration sandwich" but I do have them all and each one is terrific!!!!

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"

Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  10:04:41 PM  Show Profile
I have one of her books and a journal and I really enjoyed it! I was only 19 when I bought it but it really helped me get a handle on who I was during a very confusing and painful time in my life, so Kudo's to Sark for helping me to stay true to my own self and not go down a darker and more self destructive path.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

mustbeteatime
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Colette
MN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile
Mellisabella (love that!) - Melanie,
I have a box of Sark notecards (17 left) that I would be happy to send you. If interested, please email me your info.
Colette

Enjoy the good things in life - especially when there is time for tea!
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  10:06:31 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I love the spirit of SARK! I used one of her expressions in a scrapbbooking workshop years ago and people still remember it:
She said there was no such thing as MISTAKES only MIS-steps. It was amazin' how changing 5 letters could totally free people up and allow them to relax and create. Fear be gone!!! She really deserves an award and how F-U-N she is!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic any Sark readers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page