Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  9:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Nadine:
I live in Louisiana. I have 7 cats, and one dog. I refer to them as my furry children. I am a music teacher. But not working for the last three years. That's another story. Anyway, how great for you to beable to live with your parents and grandparents! I love elderly people because of their wisdom. The only grandparent I knew was my mothers mother, and she died a year before my parents died. I was in my 20's. So, I miss their wisdom, especially my fathers wisdom. This year I helped my husband in his small garden. We had tomatoes, okra, parsley, onion tops, and other herbs. We also had flowers. I am an avid reader, also. Have you read the book, "These Is My Words", by Nancy Turner? There are two other books that follow, like a sequel. You will be blown away at the story and the way the writer writes. Just wonderful. I hope you get a chance to read "These Is My Words". Have a great and wonderful and happy day.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  2:42:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Nadine from Georgia!! I am a goat lover and your pictures are so precious! Goats are not only amazing but can be so loveable. Glad you joined us and I look forward to getting to know you better.
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  3:34:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nadine! Welcome to MJF. Come on over to Gathered Up and click on "knitting group" Some of us are talking about starting an online knitting group together. Seems like you'll fit right in!

--I am grateful. I have enough.--
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  8:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nadine, welcome to the farm. I am so excited that you found us! Your garden and animals sound lovely. I live in Indiana, am an avid knitter and am presently helping my 19 yr old daughter prepare to move to Regensburg, Germany, to participate in a study abroad program in your country.

Can't wait to hear more from you.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  12:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Hello Nadine! I just joined the forum and I am having so much fun with it already! I love to knit as well! It feels so good to me to have a pair of knitting needles and some beautiful yarn in my hands. Well, I hope you are having a great time with the forum!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Germany! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page