countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  3:50:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I registered at this site today. I was lurking around for about two weeks and decided I like it here. My name is Barb, I'm married to a wonderful man, who is stepfather to my three grown sons. We moved to Tennessee, Feb 2006 from Oregon. We bought a farmhouse on 7 acres of gorgeous land. Every window in this house gives us a beautiful view. We own 5 roosters, 16 chickens, and two new baby chicks. Two Quarter horses, a mare and a gelding, plus a female Beagle/Blue Tic Hound mix (our faithful outdoor dog) plus our sweet Pomeranian, Hanna, our tabby cat Tabitha and her 3 new kittens.
Or as my husband calls it, Barbs Zoo.

I'm a LPN, I work with 2 female adults with developmental disabilities on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, in their home, with an assistant. I have four days off each week to work on our farm and do my crafts. This is the best job!

I have never been happier! I was raised a farm girl and now I'm back to country living and loving it!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Take care!
Barb

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Barb! Glad to have you here with us! Sounds like you have a wonderful family and a great job. I have family in TN, they're all in Grundy County.

Diana
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:29:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Barb from Georgia! You are gonna love it here. I found this site about 4 months ago and I have to get on here everyday. The gals on here are so sweet and helpful. I live on a farm also and have horses and chickens etc. I work full time and try to get in some crafting also. Have daughter (28) and two stepchildren (16 & 24) and a wonderful grandson who will be 2 next month and has stolen my heart! Hope to get to know you better and again...welcome!
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:30:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Diana! We live in Dickson County. I was a country girl trapped in the city before we moved here. We lived in Portland, Oregon. So I relate.
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:34:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi SusieQue! I lived in Georgia back in the late 70's, the northern part. What kind of crafts do you do? I design silk flower wreaths, for all occasions. Now that we are here, I'm leaning toward everlasting flower, herbal and wildflower wreaths. I just have to be careful, lots of poison ivy, so I have to be careful down by our woods. At least I think it's poison ivy... Ugh!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl Severeide
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Barb.... Where did you move from in Oregon?

Life situations and circumstances change quickly, often without notice... Take each challenge with a positive attitude.
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:50:16 PM  Show Profile
Barb, I do wreaths also - love to take trash and make into treasures. I embroidery and sew a little. I have made homemade salves out of herbs.
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  5:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl, I lived in Portland, Oregon. I do miss Mt. Hood and the coast. Especially Newport and Depot Bay.

SusieQue, making wreaths can become addicting. Now that I'm in the country, I want to make wreaths with a more country, living feel to them. Maybe bringing a small amount of the country to people who don't live in the country. Does that make sense? Also I don't take things from the country that are attached to trees, like branches or bark, unless they need some pruning, also I give back to the earth, when I pick wildflowers etc. Like when we planted 10 baby trees at the beginning of Spring. It's actually lots of fun.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  6:28:10 PM  Show Profile
Barb sound like you lead a busy life. Welcome from Georgia, glad you decided to join us. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  7:02:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Barb from the neighboring state of Kentucky. Sounds like you like your life!!! That's great. Mine is pretty great too, most days anyway.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  7:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
A warm welcome from Southern KY. You will love it on the site. Some wonderful gals here.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gracieinhollow
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

wilma
mchenry KENTUCKY
USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  7:34:00 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME FROM WESTERN,KY. GLAD TO HAVE ON THE FAM SOME GREAT LADIES!!!!!!WILMA http://www.picturetrail.com:80/doubledoor http://doubledoorantiques.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome from southern Indiana Barb!!

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

iloveprims
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

TRACY
Phillipsburg NJ
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Send iloveprims a Yahoo! Message
Hello there and welcome from NE PA!

http://wantingtobeme.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Barbara, I live in Somerset KY. I like you moved accross the country, I am here from Idaho and Montana. It is a long stretch. I also work with developmenty handicapped adults and love it. Welcome to the forum.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
hi barb, welcome from the last frontier! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  07:30:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi there Barbara from Kentucky! If I'm not mistaken, you're not too far from Nashville. We go down there quite a bit to visit, in fact it's my favorite city to go to. We were just there during the big heat wave in early June.

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

mandi
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Amanda
Nashville Tennessee
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:35:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Barbara! Welcome!

My husband and I moved here to Tennessee in January '07. We live in Hendersonville (Sumner County, just north of Nashville). So we're not TOO far from you! Actually, I had hoped to make it to a fiber festival out in Dickson over this past Memorial Day weekend, but wound up not being able to go.

Sounds like you have a wonderful farm! I'm completely jealous! We're still doing the apartment-life thing and I can't wait to move into a place in the country.

Farmgirl Sister #264
http://www.mandiknits.com/farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  9:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Howdy and Welcome from SW Idaho!

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  12:33:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Barbs:
Welcome to the site. I live in Louisiana. About 3 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, hurricane area. In 2005 hurricane Rita hit us. Scarey. Happy you joined the Farm area. Have a happy and fun day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  7:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Barb! Welcome ~ sounds like you have an absolutely lovely farm there in Dickson. I'm not far from you and get to the Dickson flea market for an afternoon of treasure hunting whenever we can. We live in the country, too, and besides our menagerie of dogs & cats , we have only one lone chicken to our name! LOL But we love it. Just found out last week it wasn't a rooster when we kept waiting for it to crow and it didn't. I'm still learning.

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  07:01:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Barb! Glad you decided to join this fun group! I live in TN also, Chattanooga area. Welcome again!!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  12:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello Barb! It is great to hear about your life in Tennessee! I took a trip to visit some family friends in Tennessee a few years back. I loved it there! It was so different from my home state of WA, but I loved everything about it! I hope you have a great day!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Tennessee Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page