Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  03:45:22 AM  Show Profile
I love being a part of this site, however some days I feel like a fifth wheel. I don't do 1/2 the things that most of you women do...Still I love being apart of you. The reason for this topic is to encourage other "city farm girls" to stick with me and enjoy reading about the things I want to do !!!!!

I have a list entitled "Things to do before I die" Lately the list encludes weaving, knitting, lots of things that the women on this site do. I am not whinning nor wanting compliments, because I do have my own talents (I reaching here !!!!) I remember my Mother and grandmother doing the things I read about and that gives me a warm feeling.

So any of you urban farmgirls, lets go put our boots and overalls, go on over to a craftstore or flea market and see what we can do !!!! I think we might be surprised. !!!

Just some thoughts.

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  07:52:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Linda -- I don't do half of the things these gals do either. I have property (for now) but I don't have any animals, except two lazy cats, don't have crops planted, etc. But I love being on this forum because what the Farmgirls share is where my heart is. And I'm learning new things every day -- like how to can, bake good bread, etc.

I'm putting my boots and my apron on and heading to the craft store!!! LOL!

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  11:07:35 AM  Show Profile
See you there, sister !!!!!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  3:43:43 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Linda and Kay

Even though I live in the country, I don't cook, can, spin, weave etc. Working full time as a librarian, taking care of my many rescue cats, dogs, and birds, commuting 2 hours daily, visiting my family etc fill up my days and more.

However, I still love living in the country and love to hear about all of the other farm girls activities.

I think that we should just revel in this wonderful connection that so many kindred spirits from all over the world have created.

I for one can say that it brings me great joy.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  4:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Linda -

Good to hear there is another Urban Farmgirl. I grew up on a farm, but then went to college and settled in Portland (medium to big city). I don't sew, canned some but it is just my husband and I so it seems to be a lot of work for just two. Only make jam every couple of years, again just for two. Only animals we have are the cats, George & Gracie (brother & sister) and Miss Kitty, who we inherited when grandma past a couple of years ago. I love the site because there is good energy here and great ideas from gals who are not afraid to try stuff. You're in good company, so don't fret the little stuff

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  5:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Linda -- I'm an Urban Farmgirl, too -- suburban Chicago, but so close to the big city as to be urban. A Farmgirl at heart, I've just recently learned to crochet; I finally got a clothesline put up in the back yard; I am beginning a sewing project -- first one in a long time; I don't can; I use my freezer, but it's the one attached to my frig! Oh, and I have three cats, two of whom tangled with a grunting oppossum last night. Yikes. I know exactly what you mean about feeling a little like a fifth wheel some days. But those are the days I've learned alot about cows and goats and hens. Let's go to the flea market -- anytime you want. I'm with you, City Farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Farmgirl At Heart Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page