Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Becoming a full time farmgal...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Becoming a full time farmgal... Next Topic  

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  09:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Up to now I have been commuting to our farm. Life gets a bit complicated with this arrangement. Our farmhouse is in need of renovation. So, usually I travel to the farm tend garden, animals, and then turn around and drive 50 minutes back to home to preserve what I have picked, make jams, etc. I have always dreamed of living on the farm full time. Funny, how life can take a turn in the right direction and suddenly your dreams become reality. We have decided to move to the farm full time. I am so happy and excited that I can just burst.

This will entail tearing down the present farmhouse and building a log home. Once that work begins I will journal the process in a blog. It will be exciting for me to watch it all take shape.

Hold on to your dreams...the power of positive thought can be so powerful!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  09:49:51 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Beverly! I am so excited for you and this new adventure. I can't wait till you start your blog-and post pictures of course!
The best of luck to you!
~kate

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  11:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Beverly,
How great! I cannot wait to see the process.....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  11:24:56 AM  Show Profile
I just checked out your farm blog and I must say you are one very lucky lady. It looks beautiful and plentiful! I can't wait to see and hear about your progress. This will surely be one heck of an exciting journey for you all.

Congratulations!

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  11:40:41 AM  Show Profile
Hehee Beverly, you are doing what I'm still waiting to do...seems several city people I know are trying to get to a farm. I know a couple here that are still doing what you did...farm in PA 3 days, work in the city 4 days, then turn back around and drive back to their farm...wow, seems complicated and I'm glad life got simpler for ya!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  7:14:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bee Haven Maven

Up to now I have been commuting to our farm. Life gets a bit complicated with this arrangement. Our farmhouse is in need of renovation. So, usually I travel to the farm tend garden, animals, and then turn around and drive 50 minutes back to home to preserve what I have picked, make jams, etc. I have always dreamed of living on the farm full time. Funny, how life can take a turn in the right direction and suddenly your dreams become reality. We have decided to move to the farm full time. I am so happy and excited that I can just burst.

This will entail tearing down the present farmhouse and building a log home. Once that work begins I will journal the process in a blog. It will be exciting for me to watch it all take shape.

Hold on to your dreams...the power of positive thought can be so powerful!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

beverly! how exciting. i can't wait to watch the progress. You go farmgirl!

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  12:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Beverly!

You know, when I was a girl it was always my dream to live on a farm. I married a man who's family owns a farm, of which we are the caretakers of, and I am blessed to have been able to live that dream for nearly 20yrs now! I couldn't imagine any other life, though I have worked OFF the farm up until this past October when I quit my job. That was a ROUGH time! Working 8+ hrs then driving 1hr to pick up my boys from football practice, get home, feed the critters, feed the kids, try to do a little house work, laundry, etc... and all the OTHER stuff that needed to get done! I had to keep such a rigid schedule just to get the NECCESITIES done. Forget any extra time for anything else!

There was never enough hours in the day-- there STILL aren't, really, but now I get to pick and choose which projects I want to tackle, and WHEN! I have no set schedule anymore -- but WITHOUT a stict schedule I get WAY off track and sometimes I DO need to force myself to stay with a task until it's completed-- no matter HOW MUCH I HATE IT!!! I am FINALLY learning to manage my time better without a time clock to dictate my tasks, but it's been hard!! Ahh.... but one thing is certain --- I wouldn't change this life for anything in the world! Glad you finally get to live YOUR dream as well! it's so worth it! Hugs ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  12:17:32 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Beverly. Funny how things do work. Keep us posted about all that goes on. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  05:21:22 AM  Show Profile
Beverly, I cant wait to see the progress on the log home. I've always loved log homes, one day I'd love to have a little log cabin up in the mountains. Congrats on getting yours! Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mrsmorgen
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

morgen
coudersport pa
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  05:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I am so excited for you and have watched your blog with great admiration! I can't wait to watch the house go up! Keep us updated! You are a role model to me as I see you live out your dreams!!!
Morgen

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all..
laura ingalls wilder

www.laubers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  06:29:43 AM  Show Profile
Wooooohoooo Bev! Great to hear from you. That will be so great for you :)Keep us updated for sure.

Farmgirl Sister #21
Heart of Ohio Farmgirls

Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  08:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Bev- That is so great! I know you will love living in a log home. We have a log cabin in Wyoming and it is the greatest place! Let us know how it's all going!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile
How exciting, Bev! I can't imagine trying to maintain two homes. Well, actually I tried to do it with my in laws property in the country a few years back, and it just did not work. There weren't even any animals involved, but packing up and going there for the weekends just didn't leave any time to enjoy the place. One house is all the work I can handle while working a full time job.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  10:31:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Bev! How cool! I am so happy for you. Sad for the old house, but happy for you. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  11:59:33 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Beverly! How exciting! So dreams really do come true, huh?
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  3:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Wow, you really are living the American Dream! Or at least *this* American girl's dream..... ;) Congrats to you, how exciting!

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  3:07:09 PM  Show Profile
Bev, congratulations on the move to the farm! It's so nice to learn that someone's dream is coming true.

Way to go farmgirl! I can't wait to read about your adventures of moving to the farm.

Donna....true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

chickabella
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

D. A.
Austin... ish, Texas
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  7:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Beverly, I love the farm blog! I'm planning on working full-time on ours as well. In the meantime, many large projects are needing to get done, so I'm going back to "nerd work" for a bit. Had a wonderful couple of months off to raise the critters. As you say, keeping it positive!

Farm blog: http://farmnatters.blogspot.com
Tips blog: http://allingoodhealth.blogspot.com
Heart of Texas Farmgirls Chapter: www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/default.asp?CAT_ID=46
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  8:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Beverly:
I am excited about your future blogs on the house. How exciting!! As Molly stated, "you really are living the American Dream! Or at least this American girl's dream..".
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  9:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How is Farm Life treating you Bev? Are you still enjoying living out there full time?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  12:05:43 AM  Show Profile
Beverly - how wonderful! Congrats to you. Can't wait to hear about your new adventure.

Handmade Soap and More! - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl Severeide
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  12:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Beverly Congratulations.. I love being here on our tiny one acre farm.. I recently retired in Arizona and moved to Oregon. I am so busy just making plans, gardening and Observing the area. We plan to raise Chickens next spring, so Hubby will be making a chicken coop..this fall.. I have so many Plans... freezing, jamming, canning.. sewing, Wow. the days fly by right now..

Life situations and circumstances change quickly, often without notice... Take each challenge with a positive attitude.
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  05:57:31 AM  Show Profile
Beverly I have really been enjoying your blog Miss Wilma

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  6:13:02 PM  Show Profile
oh bev .. i do believe your life would be a wonderful movie or tv program! a 'reality' show that would be a delight to watch! congratulations .. love all your little critters! (and you have a lovely way of writing!) xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  4:28:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beverly:
Dreams really do come true! What wonderful news. I, too, would be extremely elated!! A log cabin/home. That is one of my dreams. I love looking at the Log Cabin magazines and seeing those beautiful homes. Lucky you!!!!! Keep us posted on the building and things. Have a great day and a happy one, too.
Marly
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Becoming a full time farmgal... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page