Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Powdered Bleach Alternative??? Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  1:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hubby would like some bleach but obviously I can't send a bottle to the Persian Gulf, so what would be a good powdered alternative? I am thinking of sending it in tupperware so it survives the trip.
Thanks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  2:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I use Borax and there are also other alternatives in the laundry detergent aisle. But I would check with the postal service first before trying to send anything like these through the mail, see if there are any restrictions.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  2:26:41 PM  Show Profile
I use a powdered bleach by Bi-O-Kleen, it's all natural. It's color-safe, so if he wants something that will whiten his whities, that probably wouldn't be the way to go, but if he's just after something to brighten things up, it's really nice.

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Powdered Bleach Alternative??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page