Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  11:50:09 AM  Show Profile
Do any of you remember the NORTHERN GIRL PRINTS?? I THINK YOU SENT IN FOR THEM. I HAD THEM ALL WHEN I WAS GROWING UP. BUT THEY ARE LONG GONE SOMEPLACE. Anyway I have found a couple the last few years. They are such pretty prints.
Just took a few pictures from around the house, hate to miss a day without posting something.
You know those soft pretzels I was going to make? well they turned into very yummy cinnamon twists. So still don't know how to make a soft pretzel.
All four of the Grand Daughters were here today, in and out, in and out. My driveway has a wonderful art display on it, and the younger ones gave the bitty babies a good work out.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  12:22:00 PM  Show Profile
You get the most fabulous finds Nancy Jo. I always love looking at your new treasures. One question...do you spend all of your non-thrifting hours dusting?? I'd love to know your secret to keeping your house so polished and shiny!!
Di
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  2:36:20 PM  Show Profile
I love seeing your new things too..and I DO remember those Northern girls! My grandma had that very one framed and hanging in her bathroom for years and years.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  3:43:50 PM  Show Profile
NANCY JO, I REMEMBER THE HITTY BOOK. THAT WAS QUITE THE TREAT. I DON'T REMEMBER THE NORTHERN GIRLS, BUT THEN I WASN'T HOME MUCH AS A CHILD....IT IS A VERY SWEET PRINT. THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES, I ALWAYS ENJOY THEM, AS DO ALL THE OTHER FARMGIRLS...KArin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  4:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, I have a northern girl print, found it at an estate sale.Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  5:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Diane, thank you for your kind words. Maybe if you have enough stuff around the dust has no place to go. Yes KARIN LOVED THE HITTY BOOK. Glad to know that some of you remember the NORTHERN GIRLS,
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  7:31:17 PM  Show Profile
I had the northern girl prints, four of them framed on my bedroom wall growing up. Two of them were northern babies, and two older girls. Then I got tired of them and used the backs of them to sketch my own drawings, so now I have my drawings on one side, and the northern tissue girls on the other. Believe me, the prints are far better and worth a lot now maybe.......

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  9:07:54 PM  Show Profile
I saw all four Northern girl prints today, each professionally framed. I sent for them when my daughter was small, had to be mid 60's. I would imagine most got destroyed over the years, but seems that many of us had them at one time, so must have been many thousands printed. Think they were a dollar or two and POP from Northern tissue.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  07:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Love that Roseville vase. And I wish somebody would reprint the Etiquette book and make it a required course in schools. And maybe for some adults, too.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  08:06:41 AM  Show Profile
I love looking the lovely thrifts

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic PICTURES FOR WEDNESDAY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page