True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi All!

Phew! It has been a long couple of weeks! I have missed you all sooooooo much! I am glad to be back and plugged into the Connection again!

So, Mom and Dad drove up on the 14th of June to help me pack, and Doug was driving down to Billings on the 14th as his first day of his new job was on the 16th. We thought we had an apartment all nailed down, we were just waiting for some other people to fax in some information for us.

So my parents and I packed and cleaned from Sunday till Wednesday Morning. It was a long hard couple of days, but we did a fabulous job if I do say so myself!! I kept calling my to-be landlady asking "Are we approved yet" "Nope, still waiting" ARGH!

So we hit the road on Wednesday and at this point were were scrambling trying to find somewhere else to live as the place was just not working out. Unfortunately, most of the places took at least 4-5 days to approve you and I needed to find somewhere to live ASAP. So I finally, after going to look a few places that might have worked, found a little house that the landlord said he could get us into that day.

Ladies when I went to look at this house here was no carpet in the living room, just torn up old linoleum that they had been laying carpet over, everything was dirty and the repair guys had stuff all over the place but no one was working on the place. I had to sign the lease though. So the landlord went over and cleaned all night and the guys got some carpet in, but it wasn't finished being laid. We had to get the truck unloaded and returned so we unloaded the whole moving van into what had once was a sun porch but now was walled in to make two smaller rooms.

A neighbor came over and helped us unload. What a kind man. We are very lucky to have him as our neighbor.

The house is working out. I bought a washer and dryer that should be being delivered today or tomorrow and our landlords are bringing a used oven since the one hear leaks gas and is unsafe.

It has been a long and stressful month and I finally am feeling like I can get back to normal. I am going to use one of the sun rooms as a sewing/crafting/office room and I am so looking forward to having it all put together.

We still have boxes all over the place and Nora and I have been sick for the last few days. It really hit me hard yesterday so I am taking it easy today. Ugh.

I actually really like our little house. The sun porch is a sweet little area, the master bedroom is huge and we have leaded glass windows in the bedroom and the living room. It's an old house, probably built around 1900-1920 and has a rose bed along the eastern wall of the house. The yard and roses have been sorely neglected but we are fixing that and we have our MJF Greenhouse up that I won from the PayDirt farm school! WooHoo!

Oh I have missed you all so much and have a lot of catching up to do!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:34:24 AM  Show Profile
Wow! It's Alee! Welcome back. Amazing story . . . so glad you found the little house and were able to get into it so quickly. Not surprised you got sick -- so much stress. So take it easy for a while, as much as you can -- pick some flowers -- put them on the table in an old milk bottle -- and WELCOME BACK!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much Katie! Glad to be back!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:56:34 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Alee!! So glad to have you back! Happy to hear something worked out with a house for you, it sounds like it might turn out to be a nice place! I'm going to send you a little housewarming something -- I'll email ya!!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
HI ALEE!!! ((Waving)) Welcome back. Hope you get some rest.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:11:37 PM  Show Profile
((ALEE)) welcome back! Glad that things are getting settled for you. Hope you and Nora feel better soon. Sending you wishes that everything get's unpacked quickly and that you are able to catch your breath again. Also sending you the very best of wishes in your new place!
Take care and welcome back again,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Alee!!!
Welcome back!! Wow, what a move. Hate to say this but I've "been there, done that" kind of a move a few times:( So glad you found a house. Maybe small and old, but it could have some benefits over an apartment, like not sharing a roof with your neighbors and your own yard - maybe a garden spot?
Take it easy and well. It takes a while to rebound from all that stress!
Hugz,

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com

A friend loves at all times.
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:21:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alee

Hi All!

Phew! It has been a long couple of weeks! I have missed you all sooooooo much! I am glad to be back and plugged into the Connection again!

So, Mom and Dad drove up on the 14th of June to help me pack, and Doug was driving down to Billings on the 14th as his first day of his new job was on the 16th. We thought we had an apartment all nailed down, we were just waiting for some other people to fax in some information for us.

So my parents and I packed and cleaned from Sunday till Wednesday Morning. It was a long hard couple of days, but we did a fabulous job if I do say so myself!! I kept calling my to-be landlady asking "Are we approved yet" "Nope, still waiting" ARGH!

So we hit the road on Wednesday and at this point were were scrambling trying to find somewhere else to live as the place was just not working out. Unfortunately, most of the places took at least 4-5 days to approve you and I needed to find somewhere to live ASAP. So I finally, after going to look a few places that might have worked, found a little house that the landlord said he could get us into that day.

Ladies when I went to look at this house here was no carpet in the living room, just torn up old linoleum that they had been laying carpet over, everything was dirty and the repair guys had stuff all over the place but no one was working on the place. I had to sign the lease though. So the landlord went over and cleaned all night and the guys got some carpet in, but it wasn't finished being laid. We had to get the truck unloaded and returned so we unloaded the whole moving van into what had once was a sun porch but now was walled in to make two smaller rooms.

A neighbor came over and helped us unload. What a kind man. We are very lucky to have him as our neighbor.

The house is working out. I bought a washer and dryer that should be being delivered today or tomorrow and our landlords are bringing a used oven since the one hear leaks gas and is unsafe.

It has been a long and stressful month and I finally am feeling like I can get back to normal. I am going to use one of the sun rooms as a sewing/crafting/office room and I am so looking forward to having it all put together.

We still have boxes all over the place and Nora and I have been sick for the last few days. It really hit me hard yesterday so I am taking it easy today. Ugh.

I actually really like our little house. The sun porch is a sweet little area, the master bedroom is huge and we have leaded glass windows in the bedroom and the living room. It's an old house, probably built around 1900-1920 and has a rose bed along the eastern wall of the house. The yard and roses have been sorely neglected but we are fixing that and we have our MJF Greenhouse up that I won from the PayDirt farm school! WooHoo!

Oh I have missed you all so much and have a lot of catching up to do!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

alee, your house sounds wonderful! glad to have you back. I can't wait to hear how you decorate your office/studio!

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
yay, the farmgirl site just wasnt the same without you and nora! glad you are home.

love
frannie in texas

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Alee- Your new home soudns darling. Welcome back! We've all missed you very much. Sorry to hear that you and nora are ill. Hope you get well soon!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks all! I think yesterday was so bad because maybe I had a combination of migraine/sinus infection? I took some medicine to help my congestion and that helped but I still felt really bad all day yesterday but not nearly as bad today. I actually have a hard time remembering most of yesterday! Trying to drink lots of fluids to help my body flush away the bad junk.

Thanks for all the welcomes back! You are all the very best friends ever. I remember moving to Idaho and being in such a depression because it was hard finding friends (my pre-forum days) but I wasn't even worried about that moving to Billings because I knew that as long as I could plug into the internet somewhere then I would have friends a waiting! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Once again, so glad to have you back. I hope that you and Nora feel better soon.
Missed you!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Glad to have you back, Alee! Sounds like your move was a real adventure, but I'm sure you'll have fun setting up the new house once you're back on your feet.
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Welcome Back!!! I bet you are so glad you have arrived...now to just get settled huh?!?

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back miss Alee! I'm glad to hear that you guys have got the move over with. Now you and miss Nora get to feeling better soon!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Alee...I'm hoping you feel better and that you settle in to your new home nicely. Sounds like a lovely place, to me, just "misused" for a while and awaiting a farmgirl's touch. We all know how wonderful that can be!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Glad you are back! It was kinds quiet around here! Can't wait to see pics of the house!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  2:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Alee, welcome back! I can't wait to see pictures of the sun room, rose garden and all of the other surprises that your new house hold.

Hope you and Nora start feeling better soon.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  2:37:02 PM  Show Profile
Glad your back, Alee! And, never fear. You'll have that place looking like a palace in no time! Hope you feel better soon. Can't wait to hear more about your new life!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  2:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Alee! I think we've been out at the same time. Congrats on the house and I look forward to seeing the pics too. I hope you all are very happy there.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  2:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
YAY! Alee is back....I missed you hon on aim and all:)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  6:41:11 PM  Show Profile
Alee !! You are back. I really missed you! I know you will have that little house adorable in no time at all. I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Welcome home!

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:04:39 PM  Show Profile
Woohoo, Alee! I'm so glad you're back. Not that it's been boring or anything (is that even possible?) But it's just not the same without you. I can hardly wait to see pics of your new house and of course of the greenhouse. True farmgirl...you get the greenhouse up and going before the house you live in! I love it.

Hope you and Nora feel better soon. Give that cutie a hug for me.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee,
It is so great that you are back.. there were questions while you were gone that I found myself saying, "if Alee was here, she would know that"... hahha!!! I am so glad that you found a place and you will have it into a home in no time with all your special touches. I am sorry to hear that you and Nora have been feeling alittle sick.. But the forced rest is probably exactly what you needed.

You were missed!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Alee, It's nice to have you back!!! It's not the same here without you so it's good to have you back I do hope that you and Nora are feeling better
Monica
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You guys are so sweet. I found an herbal health food store today and bought some elderberry/echinachea /golden seal drops and they seem to be helping. At least my poor tonsils feel better after the stuff (which tastes horrible) gets on them.

I missed you all and already I feel my farmgirl batteries recharching. After picking Doug up from work I actually found the energy to do the dishes and make dinner. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm Back!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page