bec414
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

becky
saginaw mi
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  6:01:28 PM  Show Profile
My new dryer aka clothes line is up and running. I did laundry at the laundramat and only dried about half of the loads--the sheets and towels since I needed to put the sheets back on the beds tonight and knew they wouldn't be dry otherwise. My line is way loaded down with 75% of a week's worth of clothing for eight of us.

Is there a rule about how many feet of line per person? How about how many pins? I bought three packages of 50 clip style pins, I already had about 75. I could have used more. I doubled pinned most things, overlapping.

I prefer to do laundry in one day. Now that I have to go to the laundramat for the summer to wash, I almost have to or I wipe out 2 days doing laundry. I like to hang things on hangers to dry that get hung up in closets so that saves a bit of room, but I think will slow progress. I know that I will have to spread the laundry out over at least two days or get DH to hang more line.

Any other hints or suggestions for using a clothes line?

Becky,
In the heart of Todd's home with my olive branches (Josie 11/96, Gabbi 9/98, Natalie 5/00, Daniel 9/02, Mary 9/04, and Tabitha 7/06) around my table. Ps 128:3

www.hillbilliesinabarn.blogspot.com

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  6:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Becky, Looks like your hands are full!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  9:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I am so jealous...I keep sweetly asking DH to help me get mine up! How cool; not only are you getting it all done at once, you are acting mighty green!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic New Dryer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page