Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Hormonal Chaos-need Sisterhood help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hormonal Chaos-need Sisterhood help Next Topic  

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  11:24:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,

Just needed to get something out there and see if anyone has any words of advice for me. I have no one to talk to about this so, you lucky ladies are it!

I have been having the worst swing of crazy moods for months now, pms or pmdd more likely. I usually only have one good week a month, two weeks of spotting and severe mood disruption, one week of period with severe pain (endometriosis). Recently, I feel as though some kind of switch flipped inside of me and I can't "get out" of the horrible pmdd mode. I have panic attacks, anxiety, extreme irritability and irrational rage, no interest in things I love, no energy, no patience, the list goes on. This would normally happen for two weeks out of every month, at least I knew there was an end in site. Now, it seems to be constant. I'm a bit scared and not sure what path to take. Doctor said I needed birth control pills to control the hormonal swings and the spotting, problem is they make me crazy and I can't take them. I also have extreme night sweats. I'm ready to push them for a hysterectomy as it seems I have most menopause symptoms already. What about an anti-depressant? Anyone received help from these?

This post seems scattered and that's how I feel. I'm normally a very calm, even keeled person with a huge heart. I'm everyone around me, kids and hubby mostly, think I've gone completely insane.

I'm 34 years old, stay at home/homeschooling mom of 3 (ages 8,7,4) married for 13 years.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  12:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Theresa! I feel so bad for you. I can't imagine what you are going through. Have you thought about getting a second oppinion from another doctor? Also maybe talk with a mental health therapist. Maybe the two of them working together can work out a medication to get you through this.

God Bless You

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." Helen Keller
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  1:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Don't get a hysterectomy if you don't have to. I did, and I wish that there had been another alternative. It messed up my hormones big time. I developed an anxiety disorder, was thrown right into menopause- took HRT and found that I am estrogen sensitive. So no more HRT for me. I do my best trying to eat right- lots of fruits and veg, whole grains, organic milk (with no hormones), drink a soy protein shake every morning,eat grass-fed beef and organic chicken (so again, no added hormones, etc.
I would get a second opinion and try modifying your diet and see if that helps.
You haven't gone insane, trust me. Your hormones are just awry and you need help getting them sorted back out. I hope you can find someone who will listen to you and understands what you are dealing with.
Hang in there!!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  3:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Two words.....HORMONE CREAM..........love the stuff.. would bath in it if I thought I was ok too...Also, you can find a dr. in your area that can do blood work to help you know what hormones you are a missin' might not be a bad idea... I recommend the book by Suzanne Somers called Ageless... Arbonne has a great hormone cream... or most health stores do.. make sure it is a progrestrone cream... as it balances.. .often times women are more estregen high. .so dont try the estrongen creams.. another great book in dr. john Lee's "what the dr doesnt tell you about pre menopause" brilliant.. a must read for every women in my view... anyway..

One of our very own farmgirls has the low down on getting Arbonne ( her name is Ardis Eckel) she writes the "every Woman has a story column for the MJ magazine) I think if you type her name in the search you'll find her email address.....Good luck!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  4:12:40 PM  Show Profile
I sort agree with Karin
I had to have one because of the Endrometioris and the severe pain
I have been taking 1mg of estradol
it has stengthen my bones,
I had to have the bone dencey test done
and the Diabetic doctor said he was surprised to see my bones that healty
I have been adding quite a bit of protien to my dite too.
But,
I think I would talk to my family doctor or gyn
I know all about the mood swings etc
hugs and prayers to you Pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cheekyredhead
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Christine
Lansdale PA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  7:39:36 PM  Show Profile
My best advice for you is get in with a psychiatrist and counselor. There are medications that can help you get a better handle on your mood swings. The counseling will help you with finding ways to keep yourself centered without the meds at some point in the future. There are a lot more options available than there used to be to help get mood swings and other emtional symptoms under control without having to remove parts of your body, which IMO, should be a last resort. Your not alone in feeling the way you do.

TTFN
Cheeky
Sister #243

Imagine the view from the top of your dreams

www.getaclew.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  05:59:39 AM  Show Profile
I have to agree with Renee. Hormone cream and read the book What the dr. doesn't tell you about menopause. My sister swears by it. She has fibroids and this has shrunk them. she is going to school for natural health (not sure what they are called.)I am going to order some my self because I am starting to feel the same way. Two weeks out of the month I am a crazy woman and two weeks I am fine. Its like I have two personalities. Lucky I have a great understanding husband or I think I would have been out the door a time or two (lol)

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  07:14:30 AM  Show Profile
hugs Theresa! I think I am just starting menopause..periods are getting weird after being so regular forever (FOREVER!, enough with the periods already! sheesh!) lol.... I started in my mid forties having the mood thing...my boys were teens (ack)...things were strained with hubby, my emotions were just crazy...I ended up with almost ending my marriage, crying all the time, anxiety attacks, no interest in my usual activities, just feeling lost and not even knowing who i was anymore...I blamed it all on hormones and the "40's" thing...I finally got prescribed Paxil last summer upon advice from my three sisters and it has really helped me immensely....the best way I can describe it is to say that I finally felt like "myself" again... peaceful and not so emotional....Please ask your doctor to help you... either hormonal wise or medication/counseling-wise...you might waste lots of time being "lost" if you don't....hugs and prayers, Sherry

home with all my heart :)

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  12:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, I know what you are going through. My daughter is in the same boat. She went on the new birth control pill. YAZ....I am not sure thatis the greatest thing. She now has high triglcerides (sp). I am sure it is the new pill. You might try to see if you can find a herbalist in your area. They will have you fill out a questionaire and then go from there...I prefer a lady she will be more likely to understand better. Hope you get to feeling better.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  3:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Theresa~

Your story sounds very similar to what mine WAS. I am also a homeschooling mom to two children, married 16 years and 34 yrs. old.
I suffered from many of the same problems and symptoms. A few years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycyctic ovarian syndrom). I have since lost some weight, started eating right for the most part, set a date night each week with my hubby even if it was a picnic on the bedroom floor after the kids went to bed, etc.

I was told that I need to go on various things over the years but once my midwife told me that I had PCOS and that I could learn to regulate it naturally with a bit of patience. After losing just 10% of my body weight my periods started regulating themselves again and I made myself focus on me a bit more to help lower the stress load. It only took me about 2 months to start seeing improvements. I drink more vanilla soy milk and whole grains. Oh yeah, I did tons of keegle exercise and pelvic thrusts on the floor as well. I hope some of those tips help. I would visit the http://www.soulcysters.com/ just to see if you think you may fit the discription of PCOS. It is not diagnosised very often or correctly.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  05:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the words of advise. Thank you even more for the words of comfort, they are very appreciated.

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hormonal Chaos-need Sisterhood help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page