levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9371 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9371 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  6:21:43 PM  Show Profile
I think I collect way to many things to list. Mostly I collect dust on all the things I collect. ;)

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  6:32:44 PM  Show Profile
I have a few....cows & old/antique cans and cooking gadgets for my kitchen. Anything primitive/country. I love old tin signs, John deer (has to be cheap). In my open loft, I have an old bedroom set up with old furniture and anything else that fits in. Cow bells and old tools on my porch.
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  7:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
I collect postcards....usually just pick up one or two wherever we happen to be. A few years ago, I found a box full of old postcards at a yard sale and paid next to nothing for it. These were really old...like photographs from the '20s or something! Hidden in the bottom of the box were 4 pictures of Marilyn Monroe! I talked about selling them on Ebay, but never got around to it. If anyone would be interested, I'm not very attached to them! I also love all aprons, and fiddle collectables!

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  7:57:33 PM  Show Profile
it would actually be fun putting those old Marilyn Monroe pictures in bright red picture frames..what fun! and a little sign next to them with an "ooh la-la"..just for kicks..she started out as a farm girl ya know...original name Norma Jean.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  9:03:43 PM  Show Profile
Kayla, if any of the postcards should happen to be from Nevada, I'd love to barter with you for something you'd like. Name it, I probably have it!
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  10:06:29 PM  Show Profile
I seem to be collecting a lot of weeds this summer.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  08:14:49 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,
Those blue jars are great for button collections! Here's a picture of a shelf in my sewing room with some of my jars, buttons, bears and old thread spools.
www.auntdaisyscottage.blogspot.com/2008/06/collections.html

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Wall

Cathy, I just got 3 blue mason jars from my grandmothers estate, they have the screw on aluminum lids I like them, I think I will start my button collection and store then in those jars for one of my merit badges.

Kelly
Farmgirl #238

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com

A friend loves at all times.
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  09:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
Most of my postcards are in storage right now...I don't have my own room yet, so I've only kept the bare essentials with me!

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:55:02 AM  Show Profile
Cathy, Love the picture! I am going to get busy I have a lot of wooden spools I forgot about, I love decorating my craft/sewing room with vintage sewing treasures no matter what they are as long as they are old, I need to figure out how to have a blog ao I can post pictures! Thanks Love all the collections,

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  08:23:22 AM  Show Profile
Wow I collect a lot of things - cookbooks, aprons, vintage dishtowels and tablecloths, vintage clothing, passed-down recipes, Fiesta ware, the new stuff, although I was given a vintage bowl this year that was found sticking out of the dirt at an old homestead site. I also collect books, although I don't think of that as collecting, that's more necessity.
Vintage 30's and 40's kitchen items, red and turquoise predominantly and canning jars. I have actually collected enough things over the years that I have to be really selective when I am at farm sales and such. I try to use most of what I have, and it is getting harder to justify buying, say, another dish towel. Aprons and cookbooks, well that's another story

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  2:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Me too! I seem to collect a lot of things as well! Aprons, tea cups, antique quilts. I love everything that is meant to make a home pretty, gracious and above all- usable. I can appreciate the beauty in "untouchables" but you can only have so many of those before it become just a chore to keep them dusted and pretty. So I really adore the things that I can use- even if they just become a wall hanging or an accent to a room.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  5:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Besides children, I collect buttons, yarn, fabric, porcelain dolls, antique furniture,antique sewing machines, and birdhouses. Whew, I need to stop the addiction! lol Nah, Ilike it too much!

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  05:40:42 AM  Show Profile
Kelly,
I have my blog on Blogspot. It's not too hard to understand. Just jump in and start! and learn as you go (and have time). There's no pressure, just work on it as you want. It's fun to learn! Give me a holler if you get stuck and I'll try to help you out :)

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Wall

Cathy, Love the picture! I am going to get busy I have a lot of wooden spools I forgot about, I love decorating my craft/sewing room with vintage sewing treasures no matter what they are as long as they are old, I need to figure out how to have a blog ao I can post pictures! Thanks Love all the collections,

Kelly
Farmgirl #238

Cathy (okiequilter)

Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  09:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
I was just cking out everyones collections. It is fun to read what others collect. I collect also. Too many things to mention. I do have a few of my collections posted on my blog...in the older post.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  5:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Gee

I seem to collect whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. I do have a weakness for old Christmas & Halloween decorations. Old children's books, old home keeping/women's magazines, & pretty linens. Oh yes, cookbooks & coffee & tea cups!!!!

My son & daughter have a postcard collection together & my daughter also collects snow-globes. She's only 7 but has quite the collection!! My son has quite the Pokemon card collection but it's funny he is draw to Old Toys!! He loves to figure how how they work & what the kids were like that used to play with them.

Oh & I forgot I have some of my moms old teapot collection.

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."

Edited by - Mommyswanson on Jul 12 2008 5:16:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  6:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Joy,
I really enjoyed visiting your blog and drooling over all your wonderful country treasures! You have your collections displayed so beautifully. Thank you for sharing.

Cathy (okiequilter)

Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  6:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Aww, thanks Cathy. I am such a lazy blogger. I need to get some new pics on. Gosh, would be ashamed to post many of my house right now. I have been so busy with work (I work for our County Cooperative Extension and we just finished the fair)I have not done much at home. Too tired at night.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Peacefulheart
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Penny
Michigan
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  05:47:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning!
I am an avid collector of aprons, apron patterns, vintage linens, and about anything associated with fabric :-) I have 2 treadles and 8 other electric machines...I also barter with my machines.

God bless,
Sister Penny
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  6:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Penny, It seems many women collect sewing machines, I happen to have an old treadle that my mother used in home economics. It is really nice, wooden with the cast iron treadle, it says American on the wooden cover. Very old, don't know what its worth, and a pain to find a place for! I don't have the original machine, my mom got rid of it and I used to use it with my old machine in it, it is now empty and collecting dust! To bad, I will need to find a place for it.
Thanks for reading everyone! We all have so much in common and never even met! So neat!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  6:24:44 PM  Show Profile
I love to collect agate slices and polished and semi polished rocks to turn into jewelry. Bonne sent me some small interesting stones from high up in Rockies that is laying on my table to be done up soon. It has been hard to decide what beads to use with them. I like to collect stuff that can be turned into something one can wear.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/

Edited by - tribalcime on Jul 14 2008 6:26:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  08:08:26 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to see photos of everyone's stuff -- especially the kitchen things. I dearly love 30s-50s things, and have a few myself, but have let more slip through my fingers than I care to think about, more's the pity. My real collecting passion is fountain pens. My right wrist is broken and n a cast right now, so I can't write, which is tragic! Does anyone else collect pens? I'd love to share "baby" pictures, and maybe even do some swapping.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  08:13:48 AM  Show Profile
I need to figure out how to post pictures, I am sure its not hard bit I am new here, and still figuring things out. Swapping sounds fun to me, however, I don't collect pens, I will keep my eyes out for some!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  10:22:19 AM  Show Profile
I collect pens (along with a crazillion other things). Started with ink wells and when I was working for Cross as a retail rep, started to collect old pens. I have fountain, old ball point and the souvenir/advertising ones, including "floaters". Recently have been picking up old desk sets, with or without the pens. My SIL has two very vintage writing instruement display cases from an old store in Atlanta area. Very curved glass, rather horseshoe shaped, with shelves, on wood bases. For 20 or more years, they've been in her barn, which is leaning badly and needs to be dismantled. Airport authority in Reno has bought her property, so she will be moving and she said to come get them. Yipppeeee. They will fit on each side of my entertainment center and those collections can be by themselves where they belong.

Edited by - Ronna on Jul 15 2008 10:22:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  10:28:04 AM  Show Profile
I love any and all dolls (I am learning to sculpt in clay and I would love to make real to life babies)so I collect them. I am also a complete book nut and can never have enough books. I have hundreds upon hundreds of books in my house, but who's counting, lol. I also love anything old. I love things with a history as there is always a story behind it. (can't you tell that I also love to write)

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  2:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, those cases sound cool! I hope you'll give them the proper home they deserve. I hear Cross pens aren't made in the USA anymore. Have you heard that? I'll have to posrt photos of my pens sometime. They include old dippers as well as eye droppers, vacumatics, level fills, all kinds from humble to "You did WHAT with the mortgage money!!!???" Inkwells and desk sets are fascinating. I love the Deco styled ones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic What do you collect? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page