Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  06:55:08 AM  Show Profile
I am an avid collector of many things: Fireking, Fitz and FLoyd teapots, tins made in New York, and vintage sewing notions. What do you collect? I may have something that you collect and you may have something I collect. Lets trade! So many people collect so many different things, you may have one fireking plate or cup that has no meaning and I may have one or two things you collect, post it here and we can trade! All in great fun!!
I love to collect!!!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  06:59:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I have collected pig figurines for many years. But recently I've fallen in love with roosters, so there are several rooster items in my home now. I also collect aprons because I love to wear one everyday!

Caron

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow"
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  07:33:08 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, I love anything old, but toys are my fav for some reason. If I like it it doesnt matter what it is though as long as its old. Old things just seem better than new! Just thinking of its history, who had it and the such is great fun. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  07:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Dust.

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  10:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Angie, you are TOO funny, gal pal! Kelly has a good idea to swap around, recycling at its most fun. Other than vintage prints of pansies, I love old gardening hand tools, watering cans, old garden books... and I have PLENTY of dust to go around, so call me! Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  10:24:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Wall

I am an avid collector of many things: Fireking, Fitz and FLoyd teapots, tins made in New York, and vintage sewing notions. What do you collect? I may have something that you collect and you may have something I collect. Lets trade! So many people collect so many different things, you may have one fireking plate or cup that has no meaning and I may have one or two things you collect, post it here and we can trade! All in great fun!!
I love to collect!!!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238

I collect pig figures, books. Books are the main thing I collect and I have a few other pieces old tobacco cases, hairdryer, typewriter and old sewing things.

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  10:58:02 AM  Show Profile
I collect old potato mashers. Only try to pick up the ones now that I don't already have - different designs of the mashing part. It's suprising what a variety there is!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  1:17:36 PM  Show Profile
I love 1940's vintage kitchen stuff and I collect brown cows too. (harder to find than black and white spotted ones) I collect baskets..but I am so picky with those that I havn't added a new one in quite some time. I collect Royal dishes in the Colonial Homestead pattern. We use them for every day AND for good. I like fireking jadeite stuff too, and I always keep some..I did sell off most of my collection of that when we moved last..but I will always keep some. And I like to collect the Aunt Jenny stuff that was out in the '70's (dishes, cannisters and stuff mostly)

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  1:49:31 PM  Show Profile
I will keep my eyes out for any of these things, I did visit my local thrift today and found some vintage buttons that you cover, still on the card. They were made by Prims. I got 3 cards of them for 20 cents!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  3:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I collect tea pots... & hats... Love them!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  5:26:46 PM  Show Profile
I collect vintage ceramic roosters and hens, California pottery, buttons, vintage garden pictures and vintage flower pictures. It's always soooo exciting to hit an estate sale and find that special item. I really need to add vintage kitchen gadgets to the list.....as I have a lot of them,and I use most of the utilitarian pieces.Boy, as I sit here I can keep adding to the list. I LOVE LuRay....mostly the berry/fruit bowls and the small bread plates. The little bowls are perfect for that scoop of sherbert after dinner. I also collect sterling silver bangles.....most have been given to me by my DH...and the others we have found while out troving...and a few from eBay. I wear most of them all the time.....about 15 on my left wrist...and each one has a story behind it. Most are Native American made, some are pawn pieces...and most are vintage. I have worn a couple of them for over 20 years.

Peace, Kate

Farmgirl sister

http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2281 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2281 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  11:51:11 PM  Show Profile
My current collection is vintage and antique sewing machines; I love to find them, clean them up, and get them sewing again. Unfortunately they take up a lot of space. Collecting stamps would have been better in my small house.

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  07:40:57 AM  Show Profile
I collect vintage recipe boxes. Especially J Chen and Ohio Art. I have a unintentional collection of vintage Tupperware. I have two sets of the canisters and a bunch of other pieces. i just keep adding at rummages. my 12yo loves to gripe about it all (he has to wash it). I have tons of vintage patterns and lots of fabric.

Hey Judith I have a vintage sewing machine for you if you want to come get it! Early 1900's Singer trendle complete with carver drawers and gold leafing. All it does is take up space in my dining room.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  08:07:37 AM  Show Profile
I collect things like red rose design hankies and hankies with yellow flowers or aqua, wooden dutch shoes and dutch related items,circus related items,matador items and cow items(old bull fighting ads,ads with matadors,little cow figures)vintage doll dresses, and will be decorating my new homes kitchen in 1950's style reds, yellows and turquoises/aquas..so I'm on the look out for vintage items in those colors.
but my focus is on the fact that they have to be fun and whimsical and make a person smile.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  08:29:49 AM  Show Profile
I collect vintage linens, old books, 1950's era pyrex and fireking in the bright colors that Tina Michelle describes above, cookbooks, and old advertising and farm signs, WWII Propaganda posters, and WWII hankies and "souvenirs" from soldiers to their girls, mothers, etc.... I'm sure there's more, but that's about what I can think of right now...

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  10:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Wow lots of collectors! I fogot about my iron trivet collection that I have hanging under my cabinets and my apron collection! I could go on and on! If I like it I start collecting! And boy do I love estate sales too!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

gloria
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Gloria
Chillicothe Oh
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:21:35 AM  Show Profile
I have collected nutcrackers & Boyds Bears for yeeeaaaaarrrrrsss & just in the last two years I have started a collection of Jim Shore figurines oh & I almost forgot my love of anything related to Scotties I am also starting to look for old bottles @ antique shops & fleamarkets. I hope to use a few as windows in the straw bale house my husband & I are hoping to build within the next year or two.I guess you could say I am a collecting freak.
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  11:42:40 AM  Show Profile
Wow, lots of good collections here!
I love old things, mostly blue jars, wooden thread spools, baskets, teddy bears and pottery. But I also am a book collector - cookbooks and quilting books.

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com

A friend loves at all times.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Cathy, I just got 3 blue mason jars from my grandmothers estate, they have the screw on aluminum lids I like them, I think I will start my button collection and store then in those jars for one of my merit badges.

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:25:06 PM  Show Profile
It's funny how hard it is to let things go isn't it?
I'm such a Pack Rat.. I tend to just hang on to EVERYTHING!
So i am fining the hardest time narrowing down what I say i collect.. since It seems I find so MANY things that I love.. & want.. that once I get more then two of them.. Well.. Now I've got a collection starded.. haven't I?
I do love old Glass.. & old Kitchen things.. Jadite is so pretty to me.. I love enamle ware.. & tins.. colored Tin Drinking glasses.. but then.. I REALLY have a thing for just about ANY drinking glasses.. not sure What the deal with that is! Quilts.. I don't care WHAT the condition is.. I'll pick it up if the price is right.. I can ALWAYS find something to do with it! Old Crocheted Pot Holdered are one of My Favorites..

But Look what we started doing Girls.. If you have a Blog.. Start keeping a a little place there of things you like to collect.. & we can always go on each other's Blogs easily to see what else someone is into before we decide to pitch something.. (YEAH.. I know like THAT's Gonna Happen..) BUT with Good Intentions.. The thought was.. Seeing that someone else collects something that you no longer care to keep around.. Might help clear up some room for things you REALLY want to have around more! Make Sence?

So.. next time your reading a Post.. take a look at their Blog.. never Know what you'll see under this particular heading..
something like.. "Things I collect"..
(Mine's very demented right now.. & I can't even remember the last time I was there.. very much in need of some house keeping.. so, spare yourselves!)

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  1:31:24 PM  Show Profile
I collect antique farm tools and kitchen utensils. I like anything that just speaks farm or country!

Carol I collected pigs as a kid. My room was peach colored with pink pigs stenciled around it. I had 100's of pig figurines. My mom and dad moved when I went to college so I sold most of it in yard sales. I have a small box of select favorites up in the attic somewhere!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2281 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2281 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  10:46:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Aimee -- do you think that machine will fit in the swap box??

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  07:32:46 AM  Show Profile
I am reading on three hours of sleep. I actually LOL. The DH is home from work for the rest of the week, and said heck yeah! Then I told him the size of the box, he says piece by piece.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  07:52:13 AM  Show Profile
oh honey. what DON'T i collect: i don't collect matchbook covers or beer cans .. just about everything else is 'fair game'. xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  11:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Yes, it is hard to pare down my collections to a few favorites. I love green pottery, it doesn't haver to be fabulous, though that wouldn't hurt, I just like the color green, especially those loony old planters, i collect quilts, quilt tops, books, I love old crocheted potholders, and old pincushions, especially the old handmade variety (I have one that is the worst kitty pincushion ever, it's filthy, filled with steel pins and I love it, it's someone's artistic thought come to be. I love old fabric, linens, old linen towels, tablecloths, My latest collection is state collectible plates - i realize I have to look for the tiny ones, not enough space for the biggies, though I'm managing to cram quite a few on the walls in the kitchen. Buttons - we don't want to go there....I didn't realize that I WAS A PROFESSIONAL MAGPIE/HOARDER until I recently sorted out all the buttons lurking in my studio. I love the little personal things women made, old embroideries, doilies. My dream is to have the PotHolder Museum...wouldn't that be fun? Oh yeah, hats, old ones are the best...I was at an antique store last week that had a $1 bin, I got these two little spice jars,, no lids, they are kind of square and the most beautiful orange lustre finish. Orange! What a color. Well I need more coffee....Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

Edited by - electricdunce on Jul 08 2008 08:04:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  12:23:12 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
Just what I was looking for, ideas on what you like. That was a pretty good list!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic What do you collect? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page