Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Dust jacket cover resource? Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  5:24:37 PM  Show Profile
Maybe Connie, our resident librarian, will know where I can order some of those sleeves that libraries use to cover and protect dust jackets for books. I remember when I was a kid and worked in the school library, that was one of my fav things to do to/for the new books. I would like to protect a few of my own special books, so thus my question. Any thoughts farmgirls?

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:49:48 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!

Clare Gaylord and Demco are 2 major sources of library supplies. They both have websites. I just checked them out, and both have a large variety of covers available. Also noticed that Demco is donating 1% or purchase price to the American Library Association Hurricane Relief Fund.

Hope that this helps. If not, get back to me. Librarians don't know much, but we do know how to find almost any info that a person could need!!!!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Connie!!! And yes you do know lots...

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  10:54:44 AM  Show Profile
CONNIE!!! Librarians ROCK!!! And sometimes they wear the most awesome eyeglasses on those little chains...

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  11:34:25 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!!

Meadowlark Yes indeedy, librarians do Rock and when I am in charge of a library, that library rocks also!!!!!!!

I had one of those chains for my glasses at one time. It was really cool with great colored beads, but I lost it. I actually had mixed feelings about the chain because it made me feel very matronly and librarian-like!!! I now have wild tiger print glasses and might try to find a wild chain to go with them. I spend a good part of my time trying to defy sterotypes.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  11:40:51 AM  Show Profile
hey Connie...I meant no stereotype thing by that....I think women who wear fashion eyeglasses and chains are very chic! The women that I know that do are extrordinary women and they are anything but matronly...they are quite sexy and they ROCK!!!! Intelligence and curiosity is never matronly...Besides...matrons of honor are sexy and powerful. Hope you weren't offended.

Go to Top of Page

Melissa
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Melissa
Selden NY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  10:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Connie, have you seen the t-shirts in the Bas Bleu catalog that say "Reading is Sexy" ? I'd love to get one of those!

"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." Roethke
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  10:16:17 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, Just got my catalog from them...I love that catalog! And yes...I saw the T and thought of Connie!

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  3:26:36 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Yes, I have the Bas Bleu catalog and have seen the shirt. It is so cute. My pig postcards that I am using for mail art came from Bas Bleu.

Thanks for thinking of me farm girls!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Dust jacket cover resource? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page