Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 There's a hole in my bucket dear Lizza....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic There's a hole in my bucket dear Lizza.... Next Topic
Page: of 2

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  5:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I watched "bucket list" last night and was wondering; What are some of the things that are on your list before you leave this world? For me; I want to hold my grandbabies someday....I want to take a trip with my best girlfriends and laugh harder then we have ever laughed and cry... really cry until the tears are truly empty, and write the perfect sonnet. Oh, and I would give anything to fit into a size 8 pair of button up levi 501 jeans again!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  6:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
There is so much...truly living my life is big for me. I guess I am not a list maker because I bounce around so much that I just take what is thrown my way. IF I had to list a few things:

1. Live at the beach for a month or so, collecting shells, no tv or distractions, painting and enjoying my family, cooking on the hibachi with local fresh food and seafood. (Wait, that is how we want to live with the addition of a little garden and a hammock.)
2. Still be able to travel in the US. I missed a lot of the interior of this beautiful country and I want to show Charlie all these glorious landmarks and people. I really want to see Arlington and thank all of my fellow gals and guys who served so I could serve and be where I am today (she types as she wipes away tears)
3. To add to number 2, visit my farmgirl friends along the way.
4. Pick up an instrument again- I played the flute but would love to learn guitar and play folk music
5. Go to a Honky Tonk and dance with my darling to George Strait, Pat Green, Willie, etc all night.
6. Wear a bikini in public AFTER 40 and be proud and to add to that, I want to enter an over 40 model search that I would win based on NATURAL beauty, no cosmetic surgery and no previous modeling experience.
7. Spend hours purusing the shelves of the National Archives. Oh the history to be learned.
8. Lay in that hammock with my sweet little family, sipping sweet tea, singing, laughing, loving and enjoying life.

Guess I do have a list but I have so much more...each time I watch the travel channel or see someone doing ANYTHING, I want to give it a go!!! Can't help it...it's the gypsy in me!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  6:27:53 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a list, but I do have those things that I say, "someday..." to...

Mostly travel, I guess.
Want to see England and Ireland again.
Would like to go back to Alaska, and my husband and I would like to see Hawaii before we die.
I would like to own a horse (and a jersey cow, and a goat) and have nice little piece of land where my children and grandchildren could come "home"...
Would like to go to a world reknown cooking school
Would like to open a little bakery or cafe to sell my pies, cookies and sweets, and other yums...
Would like to have a little one of my own.

So, not all travel, some more personal than others. But, all me. Stuff I think about while I'm daydreaming in traffic :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Jun 25 2008 6:33:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  6:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jonni,
I wanna open a store here in Prosser like the Co-op in Moscow Idaho.. maybe you can have the bakery in it (well I am not against moving to Kentucky) LOL....I am learning the Mandoline (use to play the sax and piano).. I have loved that instrument and finally decided.. Better now... then never... I love music any kind of music.. I like it all the time and I like it LOUD (LOL)

HEATHER, I ALSO WANNA LEARN TO SALSA DANCE.............THAT IS THE WILD CHILD IN ME :)

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  6:52:58 PM  Show Profile
I'd be glad to, Rene! I dream about it constantly. I get such raves (and that's the only thing you'll ever hear me compliment myself on--about my pies and sweets and cooking) and I just love it. Washington is a lovely place--wouldn't think twice, but then, Kentucky is sure gorgeous, too :)

Hey, if you like music, email me your address and I'll send you my husband's music. Ask Miss Wilma, and several others...he's fairly wonderful :) I'm sending some out west anyway to Lisa and Carol Sue...they're in your neck of the woods!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  7:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jonni, I absolutley will I would LOVE to hear him....Will even be willing to do some promoting of his stuff locally...I have a gal in my Chapter that is a chocolate maker... YUM!! she is brilliant too.. she will be signing on soon I am sure.....My grandpa said to me, there is nothing wrong with speaking highly of what ya can do as long as you can back it up.... I have NO doubt that you can.... Although.. I might have to test that... what time is tea???? LOL

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  7:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Oh this list could go on forever.....but mainly I would like to:

1. Sky Dive--I know this one is simple and can be done, it's just getting my scaredy-cat self to do so.
2. Go to Italy with my DH...and not no chinchy tour either...I want the extended, meet locals and eat at their table family-style tour.
3. Open a bakery...my Grandma had one and passed on her rockem-sockem skilss and her Baklava recipe. We're Armenian-Greek, so believe me--it's good!
4. Make sure that I raise a good, valued-based family. A family that is known for their word.
5. Just live life to the fullest!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  7:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Please do email me your address through the forum and I will get it out in the post tomorrow...I'm heading there on my lunch hour. Yuuummmm a chocolate maker! That's an art for sure. I can't wait to meet her :)

C'mon down, Rene' ...or across, I guess. I'm whipping up something for you right now :)

**Samantha, I thought those beautiful dark eyes were from some middle european country!!!!

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  8:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jonni,
Let me grab my boots and I am right there LOL
I sent you my address.. let me know if you get it! cannot wait!

Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  05:47:13 AM  Show Profile
My DH and I watched "The Bucket List" last week....and were both crying at the end. I loved it...I really LOVE Morgan Freeman...and Jack ain't bad either. With that being said, here's my "list":

1. Go to Clarksdale, Mississippi and visit Ground Zero..which is the juke joint co-owned by Morgan Freeman. The upstairs is a very quaint hotel...and each room is decorated in a different theme. Also eat at Madidi...a French Restaurant in Clarksdale also owned by Mr. Freeman. My DH and I are HUGE blues fans.
http://www.groundzerobluesclub.com/home.php
2. Get my own bike (Valkyrie motorcycle) and tour the Southwest with my DH.
3. Live in the high desert in West Texas. (I am a desert rat...but Phoenix just got too big).
4. If I can't move to the desert....at least move the country.
5. Take a flight in a hot-air balloon....but I've got a paralyzing fear of height hindering that dream.
6. Get over my paralyzing fear of height.

I'll actually be quite happy and content to just be healthy for this whole ride......
Who could ask for more??

Kate

Farmgirl sister

http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:02:13 AM  Show Profile
My dream has been to repurchase my grandparent's farm in Nebraska--just the part with the buildings on it. Then I would need water and electricity. It was so sad to see how run down it has become, but not the picture that was painted for me when my mother died.

That would be my little piece of heaven. It would give me enough space to have a few animals, grow a huge garden, etc.

It wouldn't be unheard of to have a PIC either. That is it--just a dream.

Betty in Pasco.

Edited by - Betty J. on Jun 26 2008 06:03:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

ErinW
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Erin
Corbeil ON
Canada
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:15:53 AM  Show Profile
I want chickens, and I want to write. The rest I can take as it comes. But I can't live without writing, and I dream of fresh eggs.
Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  06:24:18 AM  Show Profile
1. Own a small farm! Preferably in either Tennessee or New England... with sheep, miniature jersey cows, chickens, pigs, a big garden and lots of fruit trees and berry bushes.
2. To expand on #1, be able to make a living from the farm or from home, selling farm-grown and/or hand-made items.
3. Have a child or three... possibly adopted.
4. Go to Europe to see Italy, Ireland, and England.
5. Travel through all of the states. I have most of the east side covered, I just need to get out west!
6. Visit Vancouver, go dog-sledding, snowmobiling, etc.

http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:19:02 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I love these.

I read a book awhile back called the "dream giver" by Bruce Wilkenson and in it he suggests that often dreams dont come true simply because we dont place them on the front burner.. So, seems we are doing that..... Kate, I have been in a hot air balloon.. and you will LOVE it.. find a hot air balloon ralley somewhere and just go ask a pilot to take you.. they will I promise... You'll never be sorry!

Erin... I too love to write.. So I get that! I hope that you will submit something to the "keeping in touch" portion of the blog and maybe it will be chosen to be placed in one of the additions of the magazine... Usually Meg ( MaryJane's very talented daughter) will have topics to write about.. I would love to see you published there......

I swear my list gets longer with every post as I hear myself say.. "OH, I wanta do that". LOL

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Jonni~

Oh yes, we're what I call "old school" European...holidays are a trip because of all of the yelling. My DH and my BIL both came into the pic at the same time and the look on their faces at their first Christmas dinner was priceless!!!

Imagine My Big Fat Greek Wedding without the big white dress....

Samantha

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Samatha,
I stole your "tag line"... what a hoot.. I think it will go on my office door! LOL

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  3:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I know right??? A good spin on the whole "kill 'em with kindness"...

Samantha

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  3:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yea! but with "sugar-free" syrup LOL

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  4:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Hmm... my bucket list:

1) Marry my sweetheart!!! LOL
2) Go to Germany, Scotland, and Spain.
3) Pet a tiger...lol...don't ask.
4) Spend a summer doing a horse pack trip cross country.
5) Drive a Lamborghini Reventon!!
6) Start my animal shelter.
7) And on and on and on......... ;p

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  7:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jodi,
You know.. I gotta know! the whole tiger thing? really? a tiger?

Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  7:14:37 PM  Show Profile
The title of this post is what caught my eye. I remember that song from my daughter when she was little watching Sesame Street (3 times a day!) She's now grown with 2 children of her own.

I don't know if I have a list per se, but I want to move to the country, raise some critters, and have huge veggie, herb, and flower gardens. I want a front porch to sit on and watch the beauty of nature around me as I knit.

Diana
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  7:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
My list could go on and on.
I would love to live on a small farm. Grow for the Farmers Market and my family. Sort of "live off the land" life.
I would love to travel some but not for long...I get homesick.
Learn more Appalachian crafts and skills. Basket making, quilting, weaving, the list goes on.
Learn to play the doghouse bass.
Learn more about wild herbs and their uses.
Oh my, the list goes on.
Not that I am not happy but still lots of living to do.
I must not forget maybe someday be a grandparent!

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  8:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Diana,
Yea... we would sing it on road trips!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  8:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Haha...Rene, it's just been this developing obsession since I was little. Always a fan of animals, tigers have turned into a special interest. If I had the math smarts, I'd go into biology in a heartbeat and make a career out of working with them in their natural habitat. When what's-his-butt -- the performer from Las Vegas?? -- nearly got killed by one of his cats a few years ago, it just fueled the fire for me, for some reason. I think I'm attracted to their sheer power and lithe grace; a lot of awe, lol.

Anyway, I would love to have a close (((SAFE))) encounter with one. Feel their fur... hear them breathe...see how downright HUGE they are when I'm up next to them.

I warned you not to ask.... LOL

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  8:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jodi,

What a hoot!
Maybe you need to hunt down Melanie Griffins Mom, doesnt she do that? hey, have you been to "cattails" in Spokane? Bet they could help you out! If it is true that you can break people down by cat lovers and dog lovers.... by thosed standards I am truly a "dog lover".. becoming cat food isnt on my bucket list (LOL)...

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  9:36:13 PM  Show Profile
to continue living my life to the end as fully as i always have. xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic There's a hole in my bucket dear Lizza.... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page